Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlbumAddict View Post
    Alcohol is legal, so that's a moot point, imo. Personally, I enjoy alcohol, and I don't believe it should be illegal. The problem came from attempting to forbid something that was previously legal.

My point in regards to marijuana (and any other thing that is currently illegal which people want legalized, polygamy, same sex marriage, whatever) is that everyone needs to think it all the way through, before passing legislation to make is so. We are too quick in our country to pass laws without fully realizing the potential fallout.

Should marijuana be legalized? Possibly. But before we do that, I think we should get a better handle on illegal alcohol use in our country...underage drinking, DUI, barroom brawls, etc. Let's prove we can make legalized alcohol manageable before we start adding more problems to the pot.

Unfortunately, that leads to an entirely different topic. Weak law enforcement. LOL
    it is not moot at all...it goes entirely to your view about what should or should not be legal. marijuana/cocaine was previously legal, in the same way booze was....e.g., the drugs were not illegal until the government said so. weed/ganja used to grow wild, hence the term "weed". coca...used to be in coca cola....hence the name.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by REDWHITEBLUE2 View Post
    That should happen about Jan 21 2009..... Back when Peanut brain carter was president they passed the 55 mph speed limit the only thing it did was raise the revenue for the City and County courts
    i heard it raised blood pressure too
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Somewhere south or east of you (most likely)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    it is not moot at all...it goes entirely to your view about what should or should not be legal. marijuana/cocaine was previously legal, in the same way booze was....e.g., the drugs were not illegal until the government said so. weed/ganja used to grow wild, hence the term "weed". coca...used to be in coca cola....hence the name.
    Since you only appear to read random portions of my posts. I'll stop responding now. Cheers to you!
    Michalkala

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by REDWHITEBLUE2 View Post
    they passed the 55 mph speed limit the only thing it did was raise the revenue for the City and County courts
    I was living in Colorado when the question came up whether to abandon the 55mph speed limit.

One fellow expressed my own point of view succinctly:

"I like the 65mph speed limit better than the 55mph limit. It's a lot easier to slow down from 80 to 65, than from 80 to 55."
    Last edited by Little-Acorn; 11-16-2008 at 11:10 PM.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since you only appear to read random portions of my posts. I'll stop responding now. Cheers to you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe that you're right, but fortunately, I no longer believe that there are only two tendencies that apply. It's time for our "two party" system to be overhauled. I for instance, am neither right, left or center. I'm an independent thinking individual who doesn't fit any of the "norms".

I'm:
    anti-death penalty
    pro-life (100%)

anti-overturning Roe v. Wade
    pro-Christian
    anti-prayer in schools
    pro-welfare, but with "term limits"
    anti-SS disability for people who can still have sex (said tongue in cheek as a Judge Judy reference), but my dad had to get an attorney before they'd pay him for his diagnosed MS and I know SEVERAL people receiving it because the have a learning disability...wtf?!
    pro-fair tax
    anti-federal gov't in education

You see my dilemma?
    I missed talking with you, too

I agree, though. The system is set up to pit people against one another without actually findinf solutions. I have been called a dirty liberal hippie before many times, and I agree with you on all points except being pro-life 100 percent (I am pro choice, as in, medical decision). I'm not even Christian, but I am "pro-Christian", if it means that religion is important to others and the right to practice it is too.

I just find too many people using the labels "left" or "right" once an opinon comes up, without realizing that even with people who may vote the same way on one issue, there are differing reasons for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    i heard it raised blood pressure too
    I think the 55mph limit was what started Road Rage