Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yuk promotes the boogyman, immie.

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Thanks for asking at least it carries on the discussion rather than PMP's and my wasted back and forth discussion. Note: not blaming PMP alone for that.

What bothers me?

Well, I don't trust those in power. I believe that the Bill of Rights was ratified for our protections in all matters dealing with the government. I believe that those rights were established to hold in check a government that might eventually become too big to handle. I believe that even if the government has not reached that point the Patriot Act has only pushed us further in that direction. I also believe that eventually the government will overstep its bounds even here in America. That being the case, we will wish that we had those protections in place. We will wish that we had thought twice before we allowed George Bush to scare us into accepting his "protections" for our own good.

We've allowed the precedent to be set to remove rights at the whim of a President. Is Habeus Corpus next? Maybe the right to bear arms? Will we one day wake up to find that a President has decided to wage war against the citizens of the U.S. and there won't be a damned thing we can do about it? I think we will. I just don't know when that will be.

Immie
    It's a lawyerly thing to do, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you have experience that you want to share, cowgirl?

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you're too optimistic.....most drunks land on their face when they pass out.....(and that would be cowboy, to you)
    Does your irony not count for anything?!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!??1

Psychoblues