Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default military Wary About Obama

More than half of active-duty U.S. service members feel uncertain or pessimistic about President-elect Obama as commander in chief, according to a Military Times survey.

Six out of 10 Americans in uniform are concerned about Obama's lack of military experience and their perceived difference in his mission and values from that of Bush.
    source

more than half. but will they stay in or bail out???? its a virus that can run thru an Army and destroy its will to win. or even survive

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

as well they should be..
    there are a whole hell of a lot of people wary of the the little Marxist..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

pre election I got a mail from an officer i served with in Nam. he told me at that time over 25% of all serving line Officers were considering retirement or resignation. that's appalling.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

well the answer is a simple one, if you do not believe in your commander then leave, as yur lack of belief all bring down those around you aswell, and why would you want to be n a job if you don't like the boss?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    well the answer is a simple one, if you do not believe in your commander then leave, as your lack of belief all bring down those around you aswell, and why would you want to be n a job if you don't like the boss?
    I'm not sure you have the right to tell us that, since you don't live here..if I recall you couldn't stand your government for going into Iraq..did you leave??

sorry dear, but you need to look at whats happening to your country..it has a LOT OF PROBLEMS...
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

well the answer is a simple one, if you do not believe in your commander then leave, as yur lack of belief all bring down those around you aswell, and why would you want to be n a job if you don't like the boss?
    If they feel the same at re-enlistment time, I'm sure they will. Until then they'll do their jobs.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I'm not sure you have the right to tell us that, since you don't live here..if I recall you couldn't stand your government for going into Iraq..did you leave??

sorry dear, but you need to look at whats happening to your country..it has a LOT OF PROBLEMS...
    I am not talking about leaving the country, I am saying that if you are in the army, and unhappy with your CIC then you should leave the army.

Also as a side note, I was angery that the fverment lied to us, for example the 45 minute claim, whicheant we never had a proper debate on invading Iraq, we nvadwd out of public fear spawned by lies, but that is for another topic.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am not talking about leaving the country, I am saying that if you are in the army, and unhappy with your CIC then you should leave the army.

Also as a side note, I was angery that the fverment lied to us, for example the 45 minute claim, whicheant we never had a proper debate on invading Iraq, we nvadwd out of public fear spawned by lies, but that is for another topic.
    you are right, I read your post wrong..my bad..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just like the carter years. The military is going to lose a lot of good people. Saw it happen back then, as I was one of them.

Defense budget will be cut in favor of social programs. Enlistment bonuses will be eliminated. Numbers of active duty personnel will be reduced. Bases will be closed.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Just like the carter years. The military is going to lose a lot of good people. Saw it happen back then, as I was one of them.

Defense budget will be cut in favor of social programs. Enlistment bonuses will be eliminated. Numbers of active duty personnel will be reduced. Bases will be closed.
    Me too Gaffer.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we are heading for some deep doo doo in this country..

hope we can survive it..

stock up on supplies and lots of ammo..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post

I saw it to. after his disastrous rescue attempt people back then said we should have let the Israelis do it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nothing like the left showing how they really feel about the US military

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The military survived the Clinton years. It will survive the Obama years.

Not to mention, if the US military has fewer missions (i.e. not fighting wars), shouldn't it get less funding?