Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    ok.....when he closes it.....

what do you do with the prisoners....

are we really going to try them all in us courts......200 people.....
    The cases are going to be reviewed...you know, to find out who really needs to be there and who doesn't. Then military courts-martial, under the UCMJ , for those who should be looked at more closely. The legal requirements will be satisfied, justice served and a huge step taken in restoring America's reputation, regardless of the verdicts.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

see what a moron bush is ...he released all the guilty ones and kept all the innocent ones......thank god obama is president now.....
    Yeah, another example:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/23/wo...emen.html?_r=1

Looks like decisions on who and what are not going to be any easier for President Obama than they were for President Bush:

January 23, 2009
    Freed by U.S., Saudi Becomes a Qaeda Chief

By ROBERT F. WORTH
    BEIRUT, Lebanon — The emergence of a former Guantánamo Bay detainee as the deputy leader of Al Qaeda’s Yemeni branch has underscored the potential complications in carrying out the executive order President Obama signed Thursday that the detention center be shut down within a year.

The militant, Said Ali al-Shihri, is suspected of involvement in a deadly bombing of the United States Embassy in Yemen’s capital, Sana, in September. He was released to Saudi Arabia in 2007 and passed through a Saudi rehabilitation program for former jihadists before resurfacing with Al Qaeda in Yemen.

His status was announced in an Internet statement by the militant group and was confirmed by an American counterterrorism official....

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    no shit, you mean people illegally snatched up from their homes, held without bail, charges being laid, or even so much as the ability to say, "I didn't do it", while be waterboarded, and otherwise fucked with for a year or so, might not like the people who did it?
    it's always the strawman argument.....why do you assume the people in gitmo are innocent bystanders to violence.....just once, how about telling us what you plan on doing with the real bastards.......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    So, um, Gaff, speaking as a soldier, let's say that Iraq and Afghanistan decided we were a rogue nation, and that our leader was a tyrant, then, while UN told them repeatedly not to, they both jumped, destroying every bit of infrastructure we had, then, in the aftermath, fired the entire standing army, navy, and air force. After this, the Mexicans and Canadians decided our land would be a wonderful place to have a war, with now four groups, only one of which wears a uniform of any kind, running around shooting people, you're telling me you wouldn't be armed? I don't care if it was a bow and arrow, I am hauling something that can kill from distance in that atmosphere.
    I can speak as a combat vet because I am. As for the invasions. Afghan had no infrastructure. iraq had a dictator who's only interest in infrastructure was to keep his military going and supply his palaces.

Where do you get I wouldn't be armed in a conflict in the US? Did you mix up a couple of posts? If I need a weapon I will acquire one.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obama should have issued two Executives Orders if he choose to do one on GITMO the other should be to DOD to take no prisoners. GITMO is just a name for a prison, what's the name of the prison for the prisoner taken today and what's the difference?

I can understand needing a year to sort out GITMO but not having a policy to put in place on day one ... there is no excuse.
    Last edited by Classact; 01-23-2009 at 09:46 AM.
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    ---Thomas Jefferson (or as Al Sharpton calls him: Grandpappy)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I find it amazing that you can say that as if you actually think it happens.....that's really fucked up, if you think that about your own country......and quite frankly, I think it says more about you than it does America....
    You find it amazing that I believe that all life is important even the lives of prisoners of war? If they were actually afforded that title? That in itself is amazing.

Why shouldn't I say that like I actually think it happened? I do not believe that the men in power; GWB, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld etc. really gave a rat's ass about the people of the Middle East. They haven't treated the people of the Middle East like human beings at all. They have treated Muslims as if every single one of them is a terrorist just waiting to strap on a bomb and blow as many Jews and Christians to hell as they can. All that talk about bringing freedom to Iraq was hogwash.

It has been evident that you and many on the right worshiped President Bush. I did not. As far as I was concerned he WAS the lessor of two evils. He attempted to shred the Constitution throughout both terms and they sure as hell did not value human life. America is worse off today than we were eight years ago and we have the Bush Admin and no one else to thank for it.

That is not a reflection of America. It is a reflection of the people that we allowed to attain power.

And what does it say about me? It says I have a heart and care about the lives of all human beings, not just the unborn. A human life, even the life of a muslim, is more valuable than anything on Earth. Unfortunately some people think only American lives matter while others think only the lives of those who have travelled down the birth canal matter.

And if you think it says more about me that it does America then I'm damned glad you at least are listening. When people believe that their country is doing things wrong they should have the right to stand up and say so even if they are wrong. They should feel free to speak out in desent. They should feel safe enough to stand up and say something like the lives of children waiting to exit the womb take precedence over the desires of a mother who for one reason or another wants to end that life even if saying so is not politically correct!

I'M DAMNED GLAD I LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE I CAN STAND UP AND SAY THAT WHAT WE ARE DOING IS WRONG

Thank God I live in a place where I am not forced to agree with you or anyone else!

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    You find it amazing that I believe that all life is important even the lives of prisoners of war?
    ???....you must be reading some post other than the one I wrote......

They have treated Muslims as if every single one of them is a terrorist
    ????...and you must be reading everything differently than the way it happened.....do you lay in bed and imagine this shit and then wake up and believe it's really true?.....that's really fucked up.....

That is not a reflection of America.
    you're right....it's a reflection of your distorted imagination....

Thank God I live in a place where I am not forced to agree with you or anyone else!
    I agree.....but it doesn't change the fact you are wrong......and ridiculously so.....so, you have the right to stand up and say it, and I have the right to stand up, shrug my shoulders, and say, "why does Immie have such a fucked up perspective on what happened in the last eight years"......
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 01-23-2009 at 03:16 PM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post
    The cases are going to be reviewed...you know, to find out who really needs to be there and who doesn't. Then military courts-martial, under the UCMJ , for those who should be looked at more closely. The legal requirements will be satisfied, justice served and a huge step taken in restoring America's reputation, regardless of the verdicts.
    uhhhhhhhhhhh that is what the bush admin was doing.....

anyway, where do you plan to house the guilty and what do you plan to do with those you capture while obama continues to wage war in iraq and when he escalates the war in afganistan....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

anyway, where do you plan to house the guilty and what do you plan to do with those you capture while obama continues to wage war in iraq and when he escalates the war in afganistan....
    that's the question they are afraid to answer, Manu.....and apparently I don't rep enough....I STILL can't give you rep till I spread it around.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree.....but it doesn't change the fact you are wrong......and ridiculously so.....so, you have the right to stand up and say it, and I have the right to stand up, shrug my shoulders, and say, "why does Immie have such a fucked up perspective on what happened in the last eight years"......
    Such a f'ed up perspective of what your god did to America over the past eight years? You worshiped him. He could do no wrong in your eyes. That was what was f'ed up, my friend. I've watched what has happened to America over the last eight years and I can tell you that I have been around long enough to know that America was at one time a very good country, respectable in so many ways. We've lost that respect and deservedly so thanks to George Bush and Dick Cheney.

Your god did nothing except tear up the Constitutional protections that the founding fathers designed to protect people from him. He did nothing at all. He treated human beings like they were toys on a play battlefield. If anything, that is what is f'ed up, my friend.

George W. Bush was a complete failure as President. One of the worst in history and people like you make him out to be a god. Everyone thinks Jimmy Carter was the worst in modern history. As far as I am concerned Jimmy Carter was a Royal Flush compared to George Bush's pair of deuces despite the economic disaster we were in under Carter's term. George Bush and Dick Cheney should be ashamed of themselves. They disgraced America.

Unfortunately, though, it sounds like I am placing all the blame on the Bush Administration and that is not at all fair as it is both parties that have disgraced us. Both the Republicans and the Democrats who run this nation put us in this position. Congress is just as guilty as the Bush Administration.

I'm sorry that you don't agree with me as I have always respected your opinion, but in this instance you have refused to remove the blinders that you donned for the Republican Party. You have not stepped back and taken a look at what has been done to America in the eyes of the world not just the Middle East. Once again we have been humiliated in a war that should never have been fought as a conventional war. Once again we have disgraced ourselves by chasing after bands of hoods who don't fight wars the way we think they should be fought. We walked, strike that, ran back into another Viet Nam. Nam was a lesson we should have learned the first time. Well, many of us did, but apparently George W. Bush didn't learn the lesson. And people like you have cheered him on for 7 1/2 years!

Fighting terrorism was a damned good idea. Fighting non-aggressive muslims in their own back yards was idiotic at the very least. We went to Nam and tried to take on an enemy that didn't wear uniforms and looked like the people of the area. We couldn't tell the good guys from the bad guys and we came out of Nam like a puppy with its tail between its legs. We're in the same damned position in Iraq and Afghanistan. And we're going to come home the same damned way. It won't be Barack Obama's fault either. You simply cannot fight a war, a just war, which is the only kind of war I would consider supporting, when you can't tell if that guy walking down the street is a good guy or a bad guy. You either have to shoot to kill or let him approach you to check out who he is (good or bad) and pray to God that he doesn't push the button while he is in range of you. It is just plain f'ing ludicrous!

Regardless of what George Bush has told you, we are not fighting terrorists. We are fighting the people of Iraq and Afghanistan who get in our way. We don't know who the enemy is for crying out loud. So we end up killing and capturing people who don't follow our orders to the T. Then we declare them to be terrorist. That makes the body count of terrorists pretty damned good. Every foreigner that dies is automatically a terrorist because the good guys never shoot innocent bystanders. The dead sure as hell can't prove that they weren't terrorists.

That's bullshit. We're the invaders and we insist that everyone there welcome us with open arms or risk being on the business end of an M-16. That's incredibly f'ed up! It is also extremely arrogant. No wonder they don't like us. I despise arrogant people... probably because they remind me of me. That is most likely why they hate us as well.

As for our soldiers, I pray for them every day. They are doing the best they can in a God awful situation. They are there to fight terrorists and that is what they are doing, but they are also put in the unenviable position of having to be judge and jury and quite possibly executioner in many situations. They are there to protect us who live in their homeland from the next terrorist attack which we all believe may come. But in the meantime, they cannot be sure whether or not the young man they have in their sights is a terrorist.

God help them.

Call my view of where we are today and what has happened over the last eight years f'ed up if you want, but I remember a time when Americans could hold their heads up proudly and say that we are proud of what our country has done for the rest of the world. I'm not so certain that most of those who don't worship George W. Bush and the ground he walks on can stand as proudly as we used to. That, my friend is entirely f'ed up.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hate to tell you but all it took was a raghead and 20 guys ...... they knew our own press and the raddical fringes would rip this place apart .....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Such a f'ed up perspective of what your god did to America over the past eight years? You worshiped him.
    sorry, Immie....but if you really think any of that is true, you're a fucking idiot...
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Immie is not an idiot, pimp. But it is encouraging, at least to me, that you think he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, Immie....but if you really think any of that is true, you're a fucking idiot...
    You used to be such an entertainment?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Why did you turn so much into a drama queen?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Need some cheese with that whine?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

ok.....when he closes it.....

what do you do with the prisoners....

are we really going to try them all in us courts......200 people.....
    I guess this means Pres Obama is going to try and move their trials to the civilian courts.

It means that Pres Obama views this as a civilian law enforcement matter (like Biill Clinton did) and not a matter of national defense and terrorism is not an act of war

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Not so much...Being more interested in show trials than in the guilt or innocence of the defendants, they botched that job too.

As for housing detainees...there are numerous brigs and detention facilities run by the US military.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.