Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How about everybody just doing their own fair share about producing cars that are economically and environmentally responsible?!?!?!?!???!??!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    How about everybody just doing their own fair share about producing cars that are economically and environmentally responsible?!?!?!?!???!??!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues
    Sure, what is an extra $50 to $100 billion expense to the auto makers. They are doing very well these days, right PB?

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, that's not right, dumbo.

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Sure, what is an extra $50 to $100 billion expense to the auto makers. They are doing very well these days, right PB?
    But, maybe it is. What's your purview?!?!??!??!?!?!??!?!??!

Need more cheese with that whine?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No, that's not right, dumbo.

But, maybe it is. What's your purview?!?!??!??!?!?!??!?!??!

Need more cheese with that whine?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!

Psychoblues
    New Fuel-Efficiency Standards Could Add Up to $10,000 to Price of Cars
    Green Car Rules Give Auto Industry a New Challenge
    Monday, January 26, 2009
    By Ken Thomas, Associated Press & Dan Strumpf, Associated Press

Washington (AP) - President Barack Obama wants automakers to make greener cars at a time when General Motors and Chrysler are hanging by the thread of a massive government loan and auto sales have plummeted to their lowest levels in more than two decades.

Obama's plans could bring smaller cars, more hybrids and advanced fuel-saving technologies to showrooms, but car shoppers will probably pay more upfront because the new rules are expected to cost the hamstrung industry billions of dollars.

"The consumer needs to understand that they will see significant increases in the cost of vehicles," said Rebecca Lindland, an auto analyst for the consulting firm IHS Global Insight. Her firm estimated the upgrades could add $2,000 to $10,000 to the price of a vehicle.

Obama on Monday directed the Environmental Protection Agency to review whether California and more than a dozen states should be allowed to impose tougher auto emission standards on carmakers to fight greenhouse gas emissions. The Bush administration had blocked the efforts by the states, which account for about half of the nation's auto sales.

Industry officials anticipate the costs of the federal standards could surpass $100 billion by 2020 and California's rules could cost even more.

http://www.cnsnews.com/Public/Conten...x?rsrcid=42554

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gooses and ganders philosophies just fucks your mind up don't they, dumbo?!?!????!?!??!?!?!?!?

No surprise to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gooses and ganders philosophies just fucks your mind up don't they, dumbo?!?!????!?!??!?!?!?!?

No surprise to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
    Still here to flame and not debate I see

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And neg repping is still your only defense, dumbo.

Still here to flame and not debate I see
    Kiss this: rsr

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Actually, RSR, I have no idea why it is that you, the conservative, are having this big a problem with states rights being handed back to the states, or why PB, who has been very much liberal, is the one backing a reduction of governmental power.

To me, this seems like a perfect set up, conservatively speaking: The Californians will decide what they, the Californians want, and the big 3 will either dig their heads out of their asses, or fall over and die, and the market will simply create new auto companies that actually want to service their customers, not the other way around.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not so much a liberal as you might believe, DS'72, but that's another story. As far as states rights are concerned I believe they should have them except when their laws are nationally unconstitutional. That's why we have a national Constitution and a Federal Government.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Actually, RSR, I have no idea why it is that you, the conservative, are having this big a problem with states rights being handed back to the states, or why PB, who has been very much liberal, is the one backing a reduction of governmental power.

To me, this seems like a perfect set up, conservatively speaking: The Californians will decide what they, the Californians want, and the big 3 will either dig their heads out of their asses, or fall over and die, and the market will simply create new auto companies that actually want to service their customers, not the other way around.
    On the other hand, I can see why some states might desire more or less stringent emmission and fuel efficiency standards. The automakers will figure it out or die trying and that includes the foreign and domestic makes. I am for the best that we can do in this respect and that includes the preservation by the people of our industries and our environment but that gets too complicated for shallow conservative lemming like minds to absorb.

How 'bout a cool one?!??!??!???!??!?!?

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post

So the Dems give the auto makers billions to keep them afloat - then want to impose rules that will cost them up to $100 billion

Or is it another example of the government taking over private sector business? Do you want cars/trucks designed by Barney Frank and Harry Reid?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So the Dems give the auto makers billions to keep them afloat - then want to impose rules that will cost them up to $100 billion

Or is it another example of the government taking over private sector business? Do you want cars/trucks designed by Barney Frank and Harry Reid?
    They got close to a tillion dollars, I lack sympathy in this. And again, how is this not a conservative move, allowing States the right to determine their own regs? Currently, the feds determine it, having the states step up for themselves is actually a pro-small government move, so once more, why the hell are you bagging on this one?
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dumbo rsr appears to me to be a numbnuts agenda driven doofus, DS'72. I haven't figured out his agenda just yet other than she certainly demonstrates a strong propensity to be unilaterally stupid.

WTF?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Psychoblues