Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    You keep forgetting that Republicans also made the same trip that Pelosi did, and that Speaker Gingrich did similar things, without a peep of protest from all the people who are now calling for Pelosi's head on a platter.
    I didn't call for anyone's head on a platter. I said IMO her trip was unethical. If Repulican representatives did it against the President's wishes, and in contradiction to current foreign policy, then the same applies to them with one exception:

She's the brand name, and she's the leader. With greater power comes greater responsibility.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I didn't call for anyone's head on a platter. I said IMO her trip was unethical. If Repulican representatives did it against the President's wishes, and in contradiction to current foreign policy, then the same applies to them with one exception:

She's the brand name, and she's the leader. With greater power comes greater responsibility.
    It's a shame that nobody at 1600 PA Ave. seems to have figured that out.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    It's a shame that nobody at 1600 PA Ave. seems to have figured that out.
    It's a shame that ahem some partisan hacks make statements such as this knowing the opposite is true.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's a shame that ahem some partisan hacks make statements such as this knowing the opposite is true.
    Please tell me you're not one of those who thinks the electorate is made up exclusively of hard-core Bush-worshipers and far left Democrats, with no relatively sane voting blocs to be found.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Please tell me you're not one of those who thinks the electorate is made up exclusively of hard-core Bush-worshipers and far left Democrats, with no relatively sane voting blocs to be found.
    This question has what to do with my response to your statement?

You attempted to use what I said concerning Pelosi in the leadership role to take a shot at the President. I merely responded, using your own insulting language.

If you think for a second that the President of the United States doesn't feel the weight of the responsibility of his job whether or not you agree with that President's politics and/or decisions, I would say you are quite mistaken.

To answer your question in this post, no I am not one who believes the electorate is made up only of the extremes.

Do you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you think for a second that the President of the United States doesn't feel the weight of the responsibility of his job whether or not you agree with that President's politics and/or decisions, I would say you are quite mistaken.
    Why is that? Are you a close personal colleague?

(No, that wasn't a rhetorical question. I'd really like to know what makes you think as you do, when even conservative publications I read are claiming that the White House has had "no adult supervision" for the last 6 years.)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Why is that? Are you a close personal colleague?

(No, that wasn't a rhetorical question. I'd really like to know what makes you think as you do, when even conservative publications I read are claiming that the White House has had "no adult supervision" for the last 6 years.)
    Nope. I'm speaking from the position of someone who has had all eyeballs clicked on him for the answer when the shit hits the fan. It's a REAL lonely place, and there will always be those who disagree with your decision. I'm defending the position, not the man.

I defend the man where loosecannon's completely BS, grasped-from-left-field, illogical conclusions are concerned. Was it not you who asked me if I thought the electorate was made up of extremes? It appears I have been relegated to the other extreme by you simply for calling bullshit.

I'm quite sure you can find conservative publications critical of Bush. I'm critical of Bush. I'm critical of anyone who sits in that chair. I vote. It's my right.

I don't agree with Bush's leadership style in many instances. But look at my avatar .... I seriously doubt you would agree with mine.