Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I would say this is common sense , but the same people crying about the deficit 6 months ago are now applauding Obama, again Party over country, I wonder why some even stay in America, seems Like Virgil would love a communist country providing his man ran it
    Well thank God the poor economy didn’t effect the Emperor Obama from throwing his pizza party

As far as Virgil, maybe he would be happier in Mexico.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moderate democrat View Post
    I cannot imagine that anyone really believes that if Obama pulls troops out of Iraq, that such a move will cause hordes of arab terrorists to invade our shores.... so I quite naturally assumed you meant domestic insurrection.

And why don't you and I make a pact where we try really hard to avoid gratuitous insults? how about that?
    Hmmmm....

Many libs said Pres Reagan would start WWIII with the Soviet Union

Harry Reid said the war in Iraq was lost

Kerry, Durbin, Kennedy, and Murtha smeared and slimed the troops serving in Iraq

Obama staged a vist with pre screened supporters (and handed out the camera they took their pictures with) and ignored wounded troops so he could have another photo op

So we are to actually believe that the left actually has a grip on what is going on when it coems to the war on terror and how the US can win it?

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

your willingness to give Bush credit for something that was clearly NOT part of their game plan shows me that you are a Bush asskisser, who happens to have a mouthful of pizza.
    Virgil before the war started in Iraq people said we couldn't win the war because they knew the terrorist would come crawling out, they said we would be fighting from house to house, this was the people opposed to the war , even they knew it would draw the terrorist out

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Virgil before the war started in Iraq people said we couldn't win the war because they knew the terrorist would come crawling out, they said we would be fighting from house to house, this was the people opposed to the war , even they knew it would draw the terrorist out
    To "tolerant" liberals like Virgil, conservatives speaking out against Obama and liberal policies are more of a threat then those who brought down the twin towers

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    To "tolerant" liberals like Virgil, conservatives speaking out against Obama and liberal policies are more of a threat then those who brought down the twin towers
    Makes ya have to question someone's patriotism , OOO well for some it is party over country.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

With libs like Virgil, how can you questions something they do not have?

Virgil pledges his allegiance to the Democrat Party - not the United States
    Getting back on topic, I guess that is why he feels it is OK for us to tighten our belt's but Obama can have pizza parties and dine on 100 dollar steaks !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Makes ya have to question someone's patriotism , OOO well for some it is party over country.
    With libs like Virgil, how can you questions something they do not have?

Virgil pledges his allegiance to the Democrat Party - not the United States

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Getting back on topic, I guess that is why he feels it is OK for us to tighten our belt's but Obama can have pizza parties and dine on 100 dollar steaks !
    Hey, nothing is to good for the Chosen One. He is the first rock star President. You can't expect him to live like the commoners that voted for him do you?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Hey, nothing is to good for the Chosen One. He is the first rock star President. You can't expect him to live like the commoners that voted for him do you?
    Hell No , I am surprised it was pizza though, with his attitude I would of figured he would of flown in a guy from Maine to cook him some lobster, he is the man ya know

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

an english major would tell you that the phrase "at his own expense" refers to the closet possible noun.... i.e. chef.

and it will certainly help the economy of the neighborhood where pi pizza is in St. Louis... I don't think the owner would have undertaken the venture if he didn't expect a positive return.
    you are right, i have no idea why i tried to twist that sentence...i think i was reading a case and trying to twist it to favor my client and then jumped on here with the same mindset. i reread the sentence and thought....wtf yurt...

Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Yep, called 'Flypaper Strategy', interesting that the article I found was by Andrew Sullivan, who was for Iraq, before he was against it:

http://www.travelbrochuregraphics.co...a/flypaper.htm
    bump

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bump
    I read it the first time... but thought it was silly then, and find it silly now. I do not think that anyone with half a brain would ever attempt to suggest that Bush's rationale for invading Iraq, which was so closely tied to WMD's and to purported ties between Saddam and Osama bin Laden, was actually enacted for the purpose of drawing out Islamic extremists in the middle east to fight us in Iraq as some alternative to carrying out terrorist activities against the west on their own turf. The attacks in Spain and Great Britain are proof of that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I read it the first time... but thought it was silly then, and find it silly now. I do not think that anyone with half a brain would ever attempt to suggest that Bush's rationale for invading Iraq, which was so closely tied to WMD's and to purported ties between Saddam and Osama bin Laden, was actually enacted for the purpose of drawing out Islamic extremists in the middle east to fight us in Iraq as some alternative to carrying out terrorist activities against the west on their own turf. The attacks in Spain and Great Britain are proof of that.
    and you'd be wrong now, as you were then. Real then, proven now.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and you'd be wrong now, as you were then. Real then, proven now.
    your opinion... you're welcome to it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK MD. Here we go. Follow closely, there will be a test. Do you remember what we did in Afghanistan? You know the Sweep of the Taliban there the first time. Surely we don't have to debate that.

Now.... many fled to Iraq! Some to Pakistan, some to Iran. Many were killed and our troops were quite victorius.

Then we invaded Iraq because of the suspicion of WMDs, which Saddam Hussein had already used on his own people and claimed he had. Not to mention he had broken almost every term of the treaty he agreed to in order to remain in power, when we should have removed his sorry ass the first time.

In we went killing as few Iraqi soldiers as possible in order to win the immediate occupation conflict. Again we were victorious. Then the Terrorist War started, and wa-lah, right where we already were. I would call that a very good fly paper strategy.

You can spin and twist it but that is what it was, plain and simple!
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!