Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    no you can not save online games......
    Hate to Necro an old thread, but you can indeed save online games. All you do is save the game, then when you and your opponents are ready to resume the game, the host loads it, the others join and it launches again where you left off.

This is on a PC, of course.. I have no idea how the PS3 games work for Civ.

I play Civ IV now when I'm out of town working in a hotel against my brothers at night after work (cheaper than hanging out at the bar).

Civ is still by far and away the best world conquest game ever. Get the expansion packs for Civ IV and you'll have so many different mods it'll take you months to decide which is your favorite.

As far as beating it on Deity, I've never even come close. You either have your war machine ramped up and fall behind in technology or get your ass handed to you because they overwhelm your defenses with Chariots and Catapults. Finding the right balance is almost impossible unless you get lucky and land on a good size island at the beginning all by yourself.

A strategy that seems to work when you have an aggressive neighbor is to run your latest & greatest military unit up to the border so that the AI knows you have them. It seems to make them less likely to attack you if you're ahead in the military technologies department.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 08-12-2009 at 03:24 PM.