Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Republican Congressman Joe Wilson yells "You Lie" to President Obama

No doubt from a town hall "Astro-turffer" that got in

Congressman Yells 'You Lie' During Obama Speech
    The outburst caused Obama to pause briefly before he went on with his speech

President Obama's address Wednesday to Congress was greeted warmly with applause from Democrats, but also some disruptions, including one moment in which a congressman accused Obama of lying.

The incident came directly after Obama said, "There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false. The reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally."

South Carolina Republican Rep. Joe Wilson shouted, "You lie!"

Wilson's outburst caused Obama to pause briefly before he went on with his speech. Overhead in the visitors' gallery, first lady Michelle Obama shook her head from side to side.

Wilson's shout drew immediate condemnation from both sides of the aisle, ultimately leading him to apologize.

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the president's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill," Wilson said in a written statement following the speech. "While I disagree with the president's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...-obama-speech/

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    No doubt from a town hall "Astro-turffer" that got in

Congressman Yells 'You Lie' During Obama Speech
    The outburst caused Obama to pause briefly before he went on with his speech

President Obama's address Wednesday to Congress was greeted warmly with applause from Democrats, but also some disruptions, including one moment in which a congressman accused Obama of lying.

The incident came directly after Obama said, "There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false. The reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally."

South Carolina Republican Rep. Joe Wilson shouted, "You lie!"

Wilson's outburst caused Obama to pause briefly before he went on with his speech. Overhead in the visitors' gallery, first lady Michelle Obama shook her head from side to side.

Wilson's shout drew immediate condemnation from both sides of the aisle, ultimately leading him to apologize.

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the president's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill," Wilson said in a written statement following the speech. "While I disagree with the president's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...-obama-speech/
    He should have never apologized...But sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

He got his point across.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    He should have never apologized...But sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

He got his point across.
    I agree

However, if Obama said he would immediately outlaw gravity in order that people could painlessly float to their Dr. appointments, half the country would start flapping their arms and try to Peter-Pan it down the street

No doubt, the liberal media, Dems, and some Obama drones, will say he is a Swastika wearing mobster sent by Rush Limbaugh.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    I agree

However, if Obama said he would immediately outlaw gravity in order that people could painlessly float to their Dr. appointments, half the country would start flapping their arms and try to Peter-Pan it down the street

No doubt, the liberal media, Dems, and some Obama drones, will say he is a Swastika wearing mobster sent by Rush Limbaugh.
    Well, they'll need to include ALL the others that waved the GOP health care bill in unison (3400 I think it is) every time Bambam made some reference to cooperation.

I've never seen such in a Presidential speech..it looked so much like the town hall stuff..it was great!
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny how Obama likes to call out the Republicans (and others) as liars and distorters, yet no one else is allowed to call out his and the rest of Congress' lies? Hypocrit to the core.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    Funny how Obama likes to call out the Republicans (and others) as liars and distorters, yet no one else is allowed to call out his and the rest of Congress' lies? Hypocrit to the core.
    Obama was up there begging the US Congress to pass a bill that America doesn't want. He blurts out one of many blatant lies - and a Congresmen calls him on it

Wilson would have my vote if I lived in his state

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

crap !!! knew i should have watched. problem is i have wide screen and Osama's nose runs off the edge plus the cabinet makes a cracking sound

that guy should get a medal. we gotta tea bagger in the house !!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    crap !!! knew i should have watched. problem is i have wide screen and Osama's nose runs off the edge plus the cabinet makes a cracking sound

that guy should get a medal. we gotta tea bagger in the house !!!!
    Obama's entire speech was a lie. All of it. The entire thing from start to finish.

I applaud the congressman for saying what he said in the chamber. We need more people in Government with that kind of guts.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

[YOUTUBE]CKAhiQBnW_E[/YOUTUBE]

Pelosi's jaw drops

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Judging by the way libs and Obama drones are all worked up about it, I'd say that his tactic was extremely effective.

Look at how they can't seem to discuss anything else. What Wilson did was force people to discuss his actions and, by default, Obama is in fact lying.

While the kibs will doubtlessly try to keep the discussion focused on "decorum" and "respect" (both of which they showed very little during the previous administration, I might add) they will have to address the accusation that every single American watching the President read from the teleprompter last night heard.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Republican Congressman Joe Wilson yells "You Lie" to President Obama

Was that before or after Obama remarked (on national TV, to a joint session of Congress) that the people who were opposing his plan were liars?

If you live by the sword, prepare to get cut.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It would have been perfect if:

1. He hadn't apologized.
    and
    2. He'd said, "What are you looking at, bitch?" when Pelosi scowled in his direction.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    It would have been perfect if:

1. He hadn't apologized.
    and
    2. He'd said, "What are you looking at, bitch?" when Pelosi scowled in his direction.
    at least flipped her off

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, the consolation is that Wilson didn't technically apologize for calling him on the lie, only the lack of civility.

So, technically he didn't retract the statement at all, merely acknowledged that he broke protocol.

However, these guys and ladies yell at each other all the time while in session. Is the president so exalted that he is above being held to the truth? Someone needs to yell at him because he seems to be turning a deaf ear to the desires of the people he serves.

Yeah, that's the ticket, the dude has a hearing problem.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Oooops!!! Guess he forgot that he wasn't sitting at home in front of the TV - cause I gotta tell you, I call Obama a liar every time I see him.

Civility is a two way street - and he stepped in the gutter when he started to lie and someone called him on his crap. Go Joe!!!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.