Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Some kids grow out of it, some don't. Keep up the punishments as eventually it will sink in. Your being consistant and that's the only way to break that behavior.
    I agree with Gaffer. Consistancy on your part!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nienna's idea about putting her in charge is good, I've used that one myself. Did you try telling her that if she keeps lying, no one will believe her when someone really does hit her a la the boy who cried wolf? I've used that, it actually worked much better than I ever thought it would. I even caught one little girl who was really bad for telling fibs about being hit. The fight started over a crayon, when she couldn't get what she wanted, she said the other girl hit her. I saw the entire thing, no hitting whatsoever. it was really funny because the accused child and the others were laughing at her, she never lied again. At least not at my house. These girls were a bit older, but the little trouble maker was the same age, 4.
    Last edited by Said1; 04-13-2007 at 07:26 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Said1 View Post
    Nienna's idea about putting her in charge is good, I've used that one myself. Did you try telling her that if she keeps lying, no one will believe her when someone really does hit her a la the boy who cried wolf? I've used that, it actually worked much better than I ever thought it would. I even caught one little girl who was really bad for telling fibs about being hit. The fight started over a crayon, when she couldn't get what she wanted, she said the other girl hit her. I saw the entire thing, no hitting whatsoever. it was really funny because the accused child and the others were laughing at her, she never lied again. At least not at my house. These girls were a bit older, but the little trouble maker was the same age, 4.
    I have told her about the 'cry wolf' thing, and have even gone so far as to when I know she is telling the truth about something, I tell her I don't know if I believe her because she has lied before. But that has not worked, at least it doesn't appear to have done.

Putting her in charge is hard, because she's already real bossy (typical firstborn). I am afraid she'll take it too far. I have put her in charge of stuff before (unrelated stuff) and she got so bossy and selfish it really seemed like it just backfired. She already tries to tell the other kids what to do, and goes so far as to try to physically make them do something they don't want to do. So how do I put her in charge without her getting out of control with it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyKitten99 View Post
    I have told her about the 'cry wolf' thing, and have even gone so far as to when I know she is telling the truth about something, I tell her I don't know if I believe her because she has lied before. But that has not worked, at least it doesn't appear to have done.

Putting her in charge is hard, because she's already real bossy (typical firstborn). I am afraid she'll take it too far. I have put her in charge of stuff before (unrelated stuff) and she got so bossy and selfish it really seemed like it just backfired. She already tries to tell the other kids what to do, and goes so far as to try to physically make them do something they don't want to do. So how do I put her in charge without her getting out of control with it?
    Hey! I'm a firstborn, and I was NEVER that bossy! :halo:

Maybe try giving her fetching tasks. I do that with my boys, and explain how I am counting on them to bring me --- . But, honestly, I don't know if that would change her behavior. Just maybe keep her busy for awhile, so that when she is finally "free" she appreciates her time more and plays nicely. I'm thinking it is really a parenting thing, and there isn't much you can do besides what you are already doing. So hang in there!

Go, Fuzzy, Go!

Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!