Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Our daughter has been to a lecture by Greg Mortensen, and both she and my husband have read his book. This man is both very brave, and a visionary, and does what he does solely to help those in need; not to further a political career and gain power for himself. The Nobel was stolen from him by Obama sycophants. Yet another institution subverted.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Our daughter has been to a lecture by Greg Mortensen, and both she and my husband have read his book. This man is both very brave, and a visionary, and does what he does solely to help those in need; not to further a political career and gain power for himself. The Nobel was stolen from him by Obama sycophants. Yet another institution subverted.
    Ah, now you incur the wrath of Pastor Virgil

How dare you uteer how someone was more worthy. More loved. More deserving then Pres Obama.
    The man who will lead the world into peace and prosperity mearly by talking about it

You racist political hack!!!!!
    Last edited by red states rule; 10-14-2009 at 04:51 AM.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

maine, for now.... Merida, Mexico in 2011
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Alfred Nobel wrote that the prize should go to the person who has contributed most to the development of peace in the previous year," Jagland said. "Who has done more for that than Barack Obama?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    Alfred Nobel wrote that the prize should go to the person who has contributed most to the development of peace in the previous year," Jagland said. "Who has done more for that than Barack Obama?"
    So jetting across Europe, talking about how great you are while you put down your own country is what is takes to win the Nobel prize

What is next from these left wing nuts?

Giving it to Ahmadinejad for saying the Holocaust did not happen

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is sad to see someone like you, red, who hates Obama SO much that you cannot see your way clear to being proud of OUR president being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

party over country for you 24/7.

domestic enemy.

bang

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It is sad to see someone like you, red, who hates Obama SO much that you cannot see your way clear to being proud of OUR president being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

party over country for you 24/7.

domestic enemy.

bang
    Virgil shows his support for Dems no matter how badly they are screwing over the natrion

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

4. I can remember NO president who ever said that he wanted a world free of all nuclear weapons.....
    What would you say if a Republican President said this? Would you support him?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I guess Virgil does not read the Washington Times or pays attention to what Obama says

Sunday, September 27, 2009
    Obama: Nuclear Weapons-Free World

The Washington Times editorial, "Obama's Nuclear-Free Fantasy," highlights just how wrong Obama can be on an extremely critical national security matter.

When it comes to the nuclear-weapons issue, President Obama wants to be a global community organizer. However, what we really need are some tough beat cops with a mandate to clean up the neighborhood.

On Thursday, the United Nations Security Council unanimously adopted a resolution drafted by the United States that calls upon, urges, encourages, but does not require U.N. member states to take various actions to curb the proliferation of nuclear weapons. Mr. Obama chaired the meeting and pressed the vision of a nuclear-weapons-free world that he had introduced in April. In the practical world of counterproliferation, the president is making little progress in dissuading Iran from building nuclear weapons, has rewarded serial proliferator North Korea with bilateral negotiations and is silent on Venezuela's announced intention to start a nuclear program.

The president's "no nukes" stance makes a nice bumper sticker, but achieving it will take more than feel-good rhetoric. French President Nicolas Sarkozy objected to the fact that the Security Council resolution did not mention Iran and North Korea, currently the two greatest problem states. "We live in a real world," Mr. Sarkozy said, "not a virtual world." But Mr. Obama said he did not want to single out any particular country. After all, we might offend them. It says something when France demonstrates a stronger international leadership role than the United States and well illustrates the style-over-substance approach of the Obama administration. Mr. Sarkozy wants results; Mr. Obama seeks applause.

The premise that a nuclear-weapons-free world would be safer is highly questionable. In the right hands, nuclear weapons play an important deterrence role. The problem is that they increasingly are being obtained by countries ruled by left-wing dictators and other unsavory types who either cannot be deterred or do not want to be. These bad actors understand that they can harness deterrence to their benefit. The United States is unlikely to risk concerted action against a country with a demonstrated nuclear-weapons capability and nothing to lose. Countries such as Iran and Venezuela see North Korea as a positive inspiration - an extremely poor country with about the same per capita gross domestic product as Chad but treated as a major player in world affairs primarily because of its atomic program. We shudder to imagine how much more powerful Tehran or Caracas would be with the same capabilities.

http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2009...ree-world.html

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    I guess Virgil does not read the Washington Times
    no shit.

My guess is redstatesdrool doesn't read Mother Jones either!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

no shit.

My guess is redstatesdrool doesn't read Mother Jones either!
    So ignore the fact you were proven wrong AGAIN, and as usual you have serious trouble digesting another plate of crow

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So ignore the fact you were proven wrong
    again... washington times editorials are not "facts" and do not prove me wrong in the least.

By the way, are you still trying to suggest that the Nobel Prize Committee was restricted to only looking at acheivements of the nominees that were completed prior to 1 February 2009?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

again... washington times editorials are not "facts" and do not prove me wrong in the least.

By the way, are you still trying to suggest that the Nobel Prize Committee was restricted to only looking at acheivements of the nominees that were completed prior to 1 February 2009?
    Yea the same way you did not "see" anything in the various Obamacare bil that Obamacre does not start in 2013

From the link

Mr. Obama chaired the meeting and pressed the vision of a nuclear-weapons-free world that he had introduced in April. In the practical world of counterproliferation, the president is making little progress in dissuading Iran from building nuclear weapons, has rewarded serial proliferator North Korea with bilateral negotiations and is silent on Venezuela's announced intention to start a nuclear program.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea the same way you did not "see" anything in the various Obamacare bil that Obamacre does not start in 2013

From the link

Mr. Obama chaired the meeting and pressed the vision of a nuclear-weapons-free world that he had introduced in April. In the practical world of counterproliferation, the president is making little progress in dissuading Iran from building nuclear weapons, has rewarded serial proliferator North Korea with bilateral negotiations and is silent on Venezuela's announced intention to start a nuclear program.
    I would disagree with the OPINIONS that the Washington Times editorial writere expressed. I think he has made great progress with Iran... they have agreed to hold talks, they have agreed to allow inspectors back into their country.

Re: NKorea, I do not see holding bilateral talks with anyone as a bad thing. I'm sorry.

And if Hugo were really serious about starting a nuclear program, Obama would seriously consider it, I'm sure.

Again...unlike you, I do NOT take the word of editorial writers as factual truths.

now... are you going to answer MY question or not?

Here: let me post it to you again:

are you still trying to suggest that the Nobel Prize Committee was restricted to only looking at acheivements of the nominees that were completed prior to 1 February 2009?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    [@ Maineman: What would you say if a Republican President said this? Would you support him?
    Crickets chirping.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would disagree with the OPINIONS that the Washington Times editorial writere expressed. I think he has made great progress with Iran... they have agreed to hold talks, they have agreed to allow inspectors back into their country.

Re: NKorea, I do not see holding bilateral talks with anyone as a bad thing. I'm sorry.

And if Hugo were really serious about starting a nuclear program, Obama would seriously consider it, I'm sure.

Again...unlike you, I do NOT take the word of editorial writers as factual truths.

now... are you going to answer MY question or not?

Here: let me post it to you again:

are you still trying to suggest that the Nobel Prize Committee was restricted to only looking at acheivements of the nominees that were completed prior to 1 February 2009?

A direct quote from Obama

snip

So today, I state clearly and with conviction America's commitment to seek the peace and security of a world without nuclear weapons. This goal will not be reached quickly - perhaps not in my lifetime. It will take patience and persistence. But now we, too, must ignore the voices who tell us that the world cannot change.

First, the United States will take concrete steps toward a world without nuclear weapons.

To put an end to Cold War thinking, we will reduce the role of nuclear weapons in our national security strategy and urge others to do the same. Make no mistake: as long as these weapons exist, we will maintain a safe, secure and effective arsenal to deter any adversary, and guarantee that defense to our allies - including the Czech Republic. But we will begin the work of reducing our arsenal.

http://prague.usembassy.gov/obama.html

Still think it is an OPINION Virgil?
    Last edited by red states rule; 10-14-2009 at 09:25 AM.

Ronald Reagan