Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    A direct quote from Obama

snip

So today, I state clearly and with conviction America's commitment to seek the peace and security of a world without nuclear weapons. This goal will not be reached quickly - perhaps not in my lifetime. It will take patience and persistence. But now we, too, must ignore the voices who tell us that the world cannot change.

First, the United States will take concrete steps toward a world without nuclear weapons.

To put an end to Cold War thinking, we will reduce the role of nuclear weapons in our national security strategy and urge others to do the same. Make no mistake: as long as these weapons exist, we will maintain a safe, secure and effective arsenal to deter any adversary, and guarantee that defense to our allies - including the Czech Republic. But we will begin the work of reducing our arsenal.

http://prague.usembassy.gov/obama.html

Still think it is an OPINION Virgil?

Obama's words are his words, and I agree with every single word of his statement. The Washington Times editorial writer wrote his OPINION as to what he thought the impact of those words would be. I disagree with him...

now... again... as to the thread topic... Let me ask you to answer this simple question:

are you still trying to suggest that the Nobel Prize Committee was restricted to only looking at acheivements of the nominees that were completed prior to 1 February 2009?

you see... I always try to reply to your posts in their entirely. You, on the other hand, only chose to pick those aspects of my posts that suit YOU to reply to....so... answer the question in RED and we'll proceed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    Obama's words are his words, and I agree with every single word of his statement. The Washington Times editorial writer wrote his OPINION as to what he thought the impact of those words would be. I disagree with him...

now... again... as to the thread topic... Let me ask you to answer this simple question:

are you still trying to suggest that the Nobel Prize Committee was restricted to only looking at acheivements of the nominees that were completed prior to 1 February 2009?

you see... I always try to reply to your posts in their entirely. You, on the other hand, only chose to pick those aspects of my posts that suit YOU to reply to....so... answer the question in RED and we'll proceed.
    Originally Posted by maineman
    4. I can remember NO president who ever said that he wanted a world free of all nuclear weapons.....

Like I said Virgil you do not pay any attention to what Obama says - you just wave the pom poms for him like a good little liberal

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

4. I can remember NO president who ever said that he wanted a world free of all nuclear weapons....
    Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    What would you say if a Republican President said this? Would you support him?
    Crickets still chirping.

maine, for now.... Merida, Mexico in 2011
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by maineman
    4. I can remember NO president who ever said that he wanted a world free of all nuclear weapons.....

Like I said Virgil you do not pay any attention to what Obama says - you just wave the pom poms for him like a good little liberal

you misunderstood me. I am fully aware that Obama has called for a nuclear free world... I applaud that. I do not remember any president before Obama that ever said such a thing... and it is clear that the Nobel Prize Committee thought it was significant as well.

Now... quit being a coward and answer this question:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

you misunderstood me. I am fully aware that Obama has called for a nuclear free world... I applaud that. I do not remember any president before Obama that ever said such a thing... and it is clear that the Nobel Prize Committee thought it was significant as well.

That is not what you posted in post #190

No misunderstanding at all Virgil

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is not what you posted in post #190

No misunderstanding at all Virgil
    yes. you do misunderstand me. Post 190 was a listing of the things that I thought distinquished Obama and why the Nobel Prize Committee picked him. The committee mentions his commitment to a nuclear free world... and that is unique in that no other president, to the best of my knowledge, has ever called for a planet free of all nuclear weapons.

Now... would you please address my question:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Virgil's yapping away with six more posts and crickets are still chirping.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

simple question red.... why not take a stab at actually answering it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Same for you maineman- answer my question.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Damn my 7 year old son said he wanted a nuclear free world could ya call the Nobel Prize Committee I think they owe him a award , and by the way that was when he was in first grade, they talked about it is class, seems he is as smart as the messiah

Virgil your argument gets more ridiculous by the minute

Try getting with reality

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Damn my 7 year old son said he wanted a nuclear free world could ya call the Nobel Prize Committee I think they owe him a award , and by the way that was when he was in first grade, they talked about it is class, seems he is as smart as the messiah

Virgil your argument gets more ridiculous by the minute

Try getting with reality
    why can't people who claim to be patriotic Americans react with pride when their president receives a prestigious award?

Could it be that their patriotism pales in comparison to their shameless partisan hackery?

methinks so.

folks in the military take an oath to defend the country from such domestic enemies.

and just a thought: you probably shouldn't bring your children into the discussion if you don't want them to become legitimate targets...

you know jeff.... like the way you have insulted MY son.

turn about will be fair play.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

why can't people who claim to be patriotic Americans react with pride when their president receives a prestigious award?

Could it be that their patriotism pales in comparison to their shameless partisan hackery?

methinks so.

folks in the military take an oath to defend the country from such domestic enemies.

and just a thought: you probably shouldn't bring your children into the discussion if you don't want them to become legitimate targets...

Fuck with my kids you fuckin punk and you wont worry no more about having to kiss Jim's ass ever again, know report this post, PUSSY, but this is not a threat it is a promise!!!!

Show me where I fucked with anything related to you, all I have ever said was I pitty them, I am not one here that will allow your pedophile fantasies to include my kids, what I posted was the truth, sorry if your messiah has the intelligence of a first grader

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

methinks so.

Just sent on to the South Parish, wonder if the congregation would approve??

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

this thread has run its course.

If any of us threaten the lives, livelihood, or security of any other member they'll lose the privilege of participating in this forum.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

methinks so.

Look mutherfucker - if you go after his kid in ANY capacity after he made such a SIMPLE reference to his child, I swear by all that's holy (I know you know NOTHING of holiness, you hypocritical bastard) I'll do whatever I can to ban you forever.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.