Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
I'd love to fly that 407 for a few months then come back to warm weather.
Funny you should say that. The pilot, pictured to the left of the frosty helicopter photo, had just relocated from flying them in Hawaii. I suspect he'll begin carrying a firearm with him as he hears of hairy situations of a pilot forced down in no man's land.

Some of those flying jobs in Alaska pay enough in 3-4 months to allow you to take the rest of the yr off. The pay does reflect the risk though.
Yeah, he was making pretty good coin. The pilot was retired Air Force SAR and he could really fly that baby. The bill for that helo and pilot was $5,000 per day as we were weathered in and couldn't fly. So that's where the Crown came in handy... it's traditional to get the pilot drunk, as you know. He rewarded us with some kickass flying on our last day there by flying 160 MPH right off the deck, laying that beautiful machine on it's side coming around hills. God, it was fun... I was in heaven. I have video clips of that ride that I can post.

He told us that there's only two helicopters faster than that Bell 407 : the Chinook and the Blackhawk. I believe him, we were really hauling ass.

See the floats on the skids? I asked him about those and he said he'd never had to use them before. I'm not sure, but I'd wager that helo would turn turtle in that situation. Have you ever seen or used those?

I'll be that "grizzled old pilot", NT.
Can you bring the brunette hardbody as the stewardess? Wish I would have got a pic of her.