Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Seems to be a purposefully forgotten piece of trivia ... wasn't it the libs who for 13 years anytime the subject of Saddam and/or Iraq came up tried to end every argument with:

"Well, Bush didn't finish the job."

Notice how it's never brought up nor anyone called to task for it? And you'd think I was alone in a cemetery every time I've brought this little fact back into the light for all the response I get from the left.

So perhaps one of you lefty-types would undulge me, strap on a pair, and explain to me how the outcome in Iraq would have been any different in 1991 than it is now.

We were there. We wanted to go in. We didn't know until later that Bush had to promise not to invade in order to get his AFB in Saudi, unrestricted used of Arab airspace, and support from the Arab nations in general.

Any takers?
    Didn't know about that agreement. Since when does Liberal policy have anything to do with consistency? It is simply based on emotions at any particular time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Didn't know about that agreement. Since when does Liberal policy have anything to do with consistency? It is simply based on emotions at any particular time.
    Which agreement? The one President Bush had to make in order to get an airfield and unrestricted use of Arab airspace? 'Tis a fact. It was a political coup as well as a strategic one. It solidified most Arab states in opposing Saddam, and supporting the coalition. Even Syria played a marginal hand in the game on our side.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Which agreement? The one President Bush had to make in order to get an airfield and unrestricted use of Arab airspace? 'Tis a fact. It was a political coup as well as a strategic one. It solidified most Arab states in opposing Saddam, and supporting the coalition. Even Syria played a marginal hand in the game on our side.
    Don't hold you breath. Glock is right. Context flies out the window and the big picture doesn't exist when thier political blinders are on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

excellent response Gunny. And Glock is right, libs only respond with emotion, with knee jerk response at that.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Don't hold you breath. Glock is right. Context flies out the window and the big picture doesn't exist when thier political blinders are on.
    Oh I'm not doubting glock is right. I did not address that portion of his statement since that portion of his statement directly supports the entire premise of this thread.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes, that one. I'm not doubting you, I just never heard anything official about it. Or maybe I did and forgot.