Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Was that you assume because i do not believe in a creator that i must see less beauty
    d'uh....I would have assumed my meaning was obvious from the git-go.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.
    —Matthew 5:22

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
    —Matthew 10:28

And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell.
    —Mark 9:44

They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,
    —2 Thessalonians 1:9
    Matthew 10:42And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."
    ...full immersion.....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    d'uh....I would have assumed my meaning was obvious from the git-go.....
    But not only did you make an assumption for yourself, you then lied by saying "you specifically said you saw less than I did, so how can it be wrong to say I saw more?....."

Its bad enough to make an assumption about what someone said, but to then go on and claim they said your assumption is pretty pathetic IMO, and distorts debate.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

But this is exactly the point i am trying to make!
    You can not appreciate the real beauty of something based on beauty alone. You have to attribuate it to a creator,
    ???....but that is obviously a plus factor, not a minus......I see and appreciate the beauty that everyone else sees.....

May i ask if you also do the same with not so nice things as beauty and love? But say with Ugliness and hatred?
    Query: which would be worse, an ugly woman filled with the love of God or an ugly woman filled with spite and anger.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

But not only did you make an assumption for yourself, you then lied by saying "you specifically said you saw less than I did, so how can it be wrong to say I saw more?....."

Its bad enough to make an assumption about what someone said, but to then go on and claim they said your assumption is pretty pathetic IMO, and distorts debate.
    ????....that isn't a lie.....you did say you saw less than I did.....you don't see the hand of God in creation......what is not "less" about that......I didn't "assume" anything about what you said.....it was obvious in your statement.....
    ...full immersion.....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

/shrugs.....Einstein wasn't an atheist.....claiming he was simply demonstrates how desperate atheists are for acceptance in society.....

and thanks for reminding me....since he agreed with me about seeing more in the sunsets....

"When that question was put to him, Einstein once responded, "I
    believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony in
    what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions
    of human beings."
    This is pure tosh.

It is hotly debated whether Spinoza's God is panentheist, pantheist, or atheist. But by reading through Einstein's works, which i assume you have not done, it is clear to see that he uses the word 'God' to mean Nature. It is to the eternal annoyance of Atheists that scientists use the word 'God' on this poetic way, because it is certain that once they are dead then the religious will twist these words on them.
    Even Steven Hawkings, who is no doubt an atheist still uses the word 'God' as Einstein did, and i bet you in 30 years time i'm having a debate with some idiot who will use a Hawking God quote =/
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Dude I grew up in Massachusetts where we were required to read lots of atheist shit. I've read my share of it and over several decades made up my own open mind. You, however, were raised by atheists who themselves were raised by atheists and are sadly in need of an education. It is you who are closed minded, not I.
    I was not raised by atheists. My Dad is Agnostic and my mum is a Christian.

And how dare you imply that 'education' is some sort or requirement to being religious and thus those that are not are stupid or intellectually inferior.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

???....but that is obviously a plus factor, not a minus......I see and appreciate the beauty that everyone else sees.....
    This is clearly going nowhere, if you can not see something for its own beauty but the fact that something created it, fair enough. I find that pretty sad myself, but such is life.

Query: which would be worse, an ugly woman filled with the love of God or an ugly woman filled with spite and anger.....[/QUOTE]

Who's to say an Ugly women filled with the love of god is not also filled with spite and anger? It all depends on how you define god.

Also can you answer my question directly rather than asking another question in reply, if you see a creator in beauty and love, Do you also see the same creator in ugliness and hatred?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talking

This is clearly going nowhere, if you can not see something for its own beauty but the fact that something created it, fair enough. I find that pretty sad myself, but such is life.

Query: which would be worse, an ugly woman filled with the love of God or an ugly woman filled with spite and anger.....

Who's to say an Ugly women filled with the love of god is not also filled with spite and anger? It all depends on how you define god.

Also can you answer my question directly rather than asking another question in reply, if you see a creator in beauty and love, Do you also see the same creator in ugliness and hatred?
    ...If you answer... ...a question with a question... ...you don't have to answer the question...
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

????....that isn't a lie.....you did say you saw less than I did.....you don't see the hand of God in creation......what is not "less" about that......I didn't "assume" anything about what you said.....it was obvious in your statement.....
    It is a lie, i did not say i saw less than you did, I appreciate the beauty of something based on its beauty. Thus you assume, from your prespective that i must "see less" if you really want to think that then fine, but don't start posting it and saying that i said it, when i didn't, that is truly dishonest.

You inferred something from a statement that i did not imply, that is called assuming, you have since gone on to twice claim its 'obvious' to try and justify your assumption, but i will have none of it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 82Marine89 View Post
    ...If you answer... ...a question with a question... ...you don't have to answer the question...
    LOL, i see the irony in what i said.

However, PMPs question supposes that we must assume that the God women is not filled with spite and anger, this is an assumption that i would rather not make, and so will only answer with a question.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question

LOL, i see the irony in what i said.

However, PMPs question supposes that we must assume that the God women is not filled with spite and anger, this is an assumption that i would rather not make, and so will only answer with a question.
    Everyone is filled with happiness and anger. It is up to you which you will allow to control your life. There is no god that controls it or puts it inside you.

SIDEBAR* Noir, I think you are more of an Agnostic like myself than you are an Atheist. Ever given it any thought?
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 82Marine89 View Post
    Everyone is filled with happiness and anger. It is up to you which you will allow to control your life. There is no god that controls it or puts it inside you.

SIDEBAR* Noir, I think you are more of an Agnostic like myself than you are an Atheist. Ever given it any thought?
    Why would you think I'm more Agnostic? I do not believe in any Gods, or that there is anything that can not be explained through science.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I was not raised by atheists. My Dad is Agnostic and my mum is a Christian.

And how dare you imply that 'education' is some sort or requirement to being religious and thus those that are not are stupid or intellectually inferior.
    You're a disappointment to your mum, why do you hate her?

Sorry bud but you are in need of an education. That's actually a compliment because atheists either need an education or else are too dumb to be taught.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    You're a disappointment to your mum, why do you hate her?

Sorry bud but you are in need of an education. That's actually a compliment because atheists either need an education or else are too dumb to be taught.
    Well she hides her disappointment well, and i don't, i love her lots and lots

lol, well i just i'm just too dumb to be taught, such is life.