Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Hear that wizzz it wasn't a white bird..but it still went way above yer head.
    That's not wizz, but jizz, in your mouth from your boyfriend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Sorry bout that,

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    I think the problems stems from those that infer that Christians invented and hold a monopoly on morality.

1. Another atheist that has no other purpose but to try and discredit Christianty, and a defender of islam in all its glorious death religion.
    2. There is a theme starting here.
    3. And its, atheists don't just not want to believe in Jesus Christ, they resent Jesus Christ.
    4. I think its because they fear Jesus Christ.
    5. These poor souls are not content in being a lost loser without hope in their lives, a begger for salvation without even being aware of it.
    6. They have no other purpose in life, but to try to bring shame to Jesus Christ and his Church in whatever denomination it's targeting.
    7. It truely is sad and surly to its core.
    8. You can't fix surly my friends.
    9. While they shore up islam, how its just a small percentage of them causing all the problems, and yet they won't try to shame islam into anything moral and good.
    10. There is nothing in it for them, they want to tear down Jesus Christ and him alone.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    Last edited by chesswarsnow; 02-11-2010 at 10:11 PM.
    "At Times We Cry, At Time We Fly" ~CWN
    "See You Down The Road Man" ~ CWN

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I love how ya post when ya just ain't got nothin..reflects well on your Christianity too..MORON.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question

Sorry bout that,

1. Glock, I know why you said that, but I think its a tad over the top my friend.
    2. Mr. P you too, lets stop with what you were doing as well.
    3. Both of you are out of line some what.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    "At Times We Cry, At Time We Fly" ~CWN
    "See You Down The Road Man" ~ CWN

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chesswarsnow View Post
    Sorry bout that,

1. Glock, I know why you said that, but I think its a tad over the top my friend.
    2. Mr. P you too, lets stop with what you were doing as well.
    3. Both of you are out of line some what.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    Please tell us why. Cuz he's a MORON, maybe?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I love how ya post when ya just ain't got nothin..reflects well on your Christianity too..MORON.
    Its called "eye for an eye", asshole, Glock-style.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

We are not arguing your opinion but facts. The facts are that this main stream atheist website shows intolerance and immorality. I challenge you to find a main stream Christian website that displays the same level of intolerance and immorality.

This argument also destroys your insistence that "moral code comes from within man, and not from a bible". Morality goes out the window when authority disappears, not for all, but for many. Much has been written on this fact. If you don't believe me, walk through a shitty part of town after midnight and ask some folks hanging out there.

In the past we've discussed your "meat is murder" view. You were forced to redefine the English language in order to justify your position. Sorry, but it doesn't work the second time around either.
    There was a Christian bus campaign, by a mainstream Christian group (which was the inspiration for the much more light hearted atheist bus campaign) and what was the Christian message? That non-Christians would "spend all eternity in torment in Hell" and would "burn in a lake of fire" Most tolerant, yes?
    I i personally believe that teaching children about heaven and hell is immoral.

Do you have any evidence that moral code comes from religion? As apose to created by man? I point you again to the teachings of Maat. Assuming that you do not believe in the God Maat then it must of been a human who came up with the idea "That which you hate to be done to you, do not do to another" No?

I merely brought that up to show that difference of opinion on a moral issue is to be expected.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I'm fairly certain that we've been through this exercise before, and since I rebuilt my computer and lost all my bookmarks it will be difficult for me to find the link that I've used before. But basically it comes down to statistics and chance.

Atheists believe that the world and all in it happened by chance. That's like turning a corner and discovering a coin that is balanced on its edge; the chances of that happening is small. Then you find dozens more on edge and the chances of that all have to be multiplied together. If you have enough balanced coins the chances of occurrence are impossibly small. Using known unusual properties of chemical, gravitational, mechanical and quantum elements, some have calculated the possibility of the universe occurring by random chance at one in several quadrillion.

In a court of law murderers are routinely convicted on DNA evidence. That is, the chances of a DNA matching theirs being is a particular place are one in several million. I'm sure some lawyer would argue that their client is that one, but a jury, instructed to rule based on "beyond a reasonable doubt", ain't going to buy that theory.

You, as an atheist, choose to be like that stubborn lawyer and insist that this proof is not absolute. You have the luxury of doing so because you don't have to answer to a jury.

You will, however, eventually have to answer to God.
    Thats all very nice, the problem is the alternative, because it is even more improbable still, infact, infinity less likely.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    The God of Heaven is the SAME God in the New Testament as the Old Testament. Christianity simply has a different covenant than the Israelites had and we are not under the old law.
    The same god? You mean the most unpleasant character in all fiction? "Jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” In the words of Dawkins.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    I don't understand why I shouldn't be allowed to teach my beliefs to my own flesh n blood? Why shouldn't I be allowed to?
    If i may answer with a question, do you think it is right that some one raises their child to be a racist, or sexist or some other undesirable 'ist'?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HogTrash View Post
    I can almost guarantee you have been influenced by marxism without even realizing it.

You show all of the symtoms...You are liberal-You practice PC-You are easily influenced by left wing media-You are a radical atheist.

Do you recall the place and time period of the revelation of your atheist selfawareness?

Consider where you were, what you were doing and who were your closest associations?

You didn't just wake up one morning and say, "today I think I'm going to be an atheist".
    Self awareness of atheism? I remember not believing in a god when i was in P6&7 (about 10/11 years old) but it was really when i got into debating/public speaking when i was 14/15 that i really started asking questions about things critically, and as far as i see it the more questions are asked of religion the more it is found to be wanting.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful HoneyBee View Post
    Is not your persistent desire to take pot shots at people of faith a form of fanaticism Noir? What is it that you hope to accomplish? Do you seek to single handedly bring about the demise of organized religion by posting on a debate website?

I am a person of faith in God, though I do find many practices of religion to be murky and lurid. However, this has always been the case since the beginning of mankind. With that thought in mind, do you believe you will achieve whatever it is you hope to achieve by posting threads such as this? I just don't get it, I don't comprehend your objective. It is about as convoluted as some of the religious practices you have laid on this table.
    Taking pot shots? I'm asking questions.
    What is the aim of anyone on this board? It is to exchange ideas and thoughts. I would doubt anyone thinks they are going to single handedly do anything by making posts on a forum.

My objective is merely to discuss.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    How interesting that in your view, the atheist web site is not even representative of a lot of atheists, yet the Jesus camp video is somehow representative of all religions.
    I never said it was representative of all religions. I put it up to show how religion is used as an excuse for child abuse.
    However, all religions have built into them this notion that you must pass on the fairytales of whatever god you follow in order to teach them morality, which you do not.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Its called "eye for an eye", asshole, Glock-style.

Is this an attempt to sound like a bad-ass in the internet?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    The same god? You mean the most unpleasant character in all fiction? "Jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” In the words of Dawkins.
    Ah, we have a worshiper of Dawkins among us. I should have realized this and clocked that fact when your unearned arrogance and lack of rhetorical ability evidenced itself wrapped in the hypocrisy of the atheist faith.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr