Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Awesome that you equate me with someone who mistreats kids and old folks. After all, I did it for the children. What's that logical fallacy called?
    Look up the history on people who abuse and/or kill animals and what else they have the propensity to do. I'm not saying you would do the same as them, but it's also not my fault that you would place an animal in a bag and drown it, therefore placing yourself in the same category as them. I just wouldn't take any chances with someone like that. You kill an animal without remorse, without hesitation and without seeking alternatives & I don't know what else you would be capable of doing.

Here's the ASPCA view on those who abuse animals, and quite frankly, you don't seem to be describing the first few type of people. Here's their last explanation:

Third Reason
    The last group of people who hurt animals are the worst. These are people who intentionally hurt animals because they enjoy hurting things, or because it makes them feel powerful. Many of these people would hurt other people if they could get away with it. They just choose to hurt animals because animals are more helpless than people.

Why do these people hurt animals? There are different reasons. A lot of these people want to have control over others. They will hurt an animal because they think this means they control the animal. Or they may hurt the animal to control another person. For example, a husband might hurt the family's pet to show his wife what he could do to her if she doesn't obey his commands. Someone else might make his dog kill other dogs because he thinks that makes him powerful.

Others simply enjoy pain and violence. Those who enjoy violence might also destroy inanimate objects as well as animals and people.

All of the people in this last group suffer from serious, psychological problems that will probably not go away on their own. They often need the help of licensed professionals—like a psychologist. We are not 100% sure why people become like this—most are probably born with their problems, but others can get their problems from brain damage, poisonous environments, or by being treated badly themselves. Without help, the psychological problems these people have can haunt them for their whole lives.

If you know anyone who you think may be like this, don't approach them yourself. Talk to a trusted adult, and let the adult find someone to help these people.
    http://www2.aspca.org/site/PageServe...whypeopleabuse
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ive seen "the other side" of shelters too.....and that has improved and many are
    striving to be "no kill". They learn and become enlightened as to their true
    mission and do better.

Picnic is the face of a victim of cruelty. I hope the attachment comes
    through........
    What are reparations? Making me pay
    for something I had nothing to do with compensates no one
    who suffered an injustice therefore I would be penalized for
    something I didnt do and someone else would receive a settlement
    for an injury they did not suffer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Maybe in the bad old days, but I have been to dozens of shelters over the years (and volunteered in a few), and I have never seen any of the things you described. If this kind of facility existed, I bet you could have found a much better one by traveling a few more miles.
    Nah, few take old cats. This one had his run.

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    You just assigned value-judgment capability to an animal you murdered. How's that feel?

You and "logical Fallacy" are homosexual lovers. The money we spent so far on the cat is money I'm not putting towards retirement. It's money I'm not using to buy new brakes for the car. It's money I'm not blowing on strippers and booze.

You're trying to justify your vile, morally-bankrupt ways now. It's not only pathetic, it's some of the stupidest contribution this board has seen in years.

At least have the balls to admit you're dead inside, or a liar -just looking to get a rise out of people.
    You forgo brake maintenance to extend the life of a cat, and act that could cause harm or death not only to you and your family, but the person stopped in front of you. Then you admit that you'd spend money on strippers instead of Food For The Poor. I can only guess what the homosexuality comment was about. And you lecture me on morality?

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Look up the history on people who abuse and/or kill animals and what else they have the propensity to do. I'm not saying you would do the same as them, but it's also not my fault that you would place an animal in a bag and drown it, therefore placing yourself in the same category as them. I just wouldn't take any chances with someone like that. You kill an animal without remorse, without hesitation and without seeking alternatives & I don't know what else you would be capable of doing.

Here's the ASPCA view on those who abuse animals, and quite frankly, you don't seem to be describing the first few type of people. Here's their last explanation:

http://www2.aspca.org/site/PageServe...whypeopleabuse
    Nice straw man argument; your failure.

I didn't abuse it; I gave if food and shelter and a warm spot by the wood stove for several years. When it tried to harm my children I dispatched it quickly and painlessly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

I didn't abuse it; I gave if food and shelter and a warm spot by the wood stove for several years. When it tried to harm my children I dispatched it quickly and painlessly.
    Taking a turd on your carpet is harming your children? Drowning in a paper bag is not painless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Glock, you and I have had mutual respect (at least for sure on my part) on these boards for many years now. But this time I have to speak out.

You have repeatedly said here that you did this deed "for your kids". What really should concern you here, even if you have no compassion for other living, feeling, creatures, is that you have raised you children to connect murdering a small helpless animal, with doing your kids a favor. Do you not see that is a very bad thing to do to your kids' psyches?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

D, if you should need money for Bradlee's care, just let us know. I will be happy to help out, and others may as well.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Nice straw man argument; your failure.

You shoved the animals face into feces, and you also killed it while holding it in a bag and drowning it. Classic show of dominance and abuse just like the article points out.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

D, if you should need money for Bradlee's care, just let us know. I will be happy to help out, and others may as well.
    I don't know what to say...thank you so much Abbey - you're (and others here) amazing.

I wonder if Glock lied about the drowning in an attempt to "impress" people.

You forgo brake maintenance to extend the life of a cat, and act that could cause harm or death not only to you and your family, but the person stopped in front of you. Then you admit that you'd spend money on strippers instead of Food For The Poor. I can only guess what the homosexuality comment was about. And you lecture me on morality?
    Are you just making up crap now? You words paint you the fool so you're making up things about my car's maintenance? And if my desire to buy brakes for my car WAS about maintenance,

I own this truck:

This car

and this car

I have other options. If Giving my cat another couple years of life meant I had to park the one with "bad brakes" (Your ASSumption) that's a small inconvenience.

Maybe I'd spend money on POOR strippers?

Thing is, I'm allotted a pretty damn good salary. It's my job to 'pay it back'. Some for those who struggle. None for the lazy. Some for fun. I get to decide. that's my point. I lecture you on morality because you are morally bankrupt. You Kill for fun (evidence by your bragging tone) - or you're lying - and try to impress people with your stories. Either way you're a disgrace to the human Race. May God have mercy upon your soul - and ideally, heal you of whatever sickness causes your wanton disregard for His creation.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    I hope Bradley does well DMP

I myslef had to spend close to $1,000 to fix up Herbie.

I found him outside and he was a sick little guy. But he is fine now, and very happy

WOW!!!!

What a handsome guy Herbie is.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glock, you and I have had mutual respect (at least for sure on my part) on these boards for many years now. But this time I have to speak out.

You have repeatedly said here that you did this deed "for your kids". What really should concern you here, even if you have no compassion for other living, feeling, creatures, is that you have raised you children to connect murdering a small helpless animal, with doing your kids a favor. Do you not see that is a very bad thing to do to your kids' psyches?
    Well said Abbey!

I don't know what to say...thank you so much Abbey - you're (and others here) amazing.

I wonder if Glock lied about the drowning in an attempt to "impress" people.

Are you just making up crap now? You words paint you the fool so you're making up things about my car's maintenance? And if my desire to buy brakes for my car WAS about maintenance,

I own this truck:

This car

and this car

I have other options. If Giving my cat another couple years of life meant I had to park the one with "bad brakes" (Your ASSumption) that's a small inconvenience.

Thing is, I'm allotted a pretty damn good salary. It's my job to 'pay it back'. Some for those who struggle. None for the lazy. Some for fun. I get to decide. that's my point. I lecture you on morality because you are morally bankrupt. You Kill for fun (evidence by your bragging tone) - or you're lying - and try to impress people with your stories. Either way you're a disgrace to the human Race. May God have mercy upon your soul - and ideally, heal you of whatever sickness causes your wanton disregard for His creation.
    Im still hoping he meets the victims of his cruelty in "the tunnel" we hear
    so much about and experience what he has done to them and others.
    What a payback could be in store for him.

Im trying the story of Picnic again.....Im terribly tech challenged!

I give up!!!!
    What are reparations? Making me pay
    for something I had nothing to do with compensates no one
    who suffered an injustice therefore I would be penalized for
    something I didnt do and someone else would receive a settlement
    for an injury they did not suffer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Have to spread the rep around Abbey - I owe you

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

It's a worthy investment if we can help him live for another couple years. -Cp, you might remember we chose to put Mike down rather than keep him half-assed alive. We'll do what's right. You know that.

The difference between your post and Glocks - Glock is a fucking cock-breath asshole... and you're just a guy giving an honest heart-felt opinion.
    All this vitriol from a so-called compassionate guy. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Taking a turd on your carpet is harming your children? Drowning in a paper bag is not painless.
    Dude can you read? That cat never shat on the floor until we had my second child. Then he targeted their playroom not just once, but twice.

And it was a cloth bag. Doctors abort babies without anesthesia because they "won't remember the pain". What's good for human babies is good for adult cats.

Your argument is a straw man, Abbey:

mur·der
    Pronunciation: \ˈmər-dər\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: partly from Middle English murther, from Old English morthor; partly from Middle English murdre, from Anglo-French, of Germanic origin; akin to Old English morthor; akin to Old High German mord murder, Latin mort-, mors death, mori to die, mortuus dead, Greek brotos mortal
    Date: before 12th century

1 : the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought
    A cat ain't a person, no law was broken and there was no malice.

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You shoved the animals face into feces, and you also killed it while holding it in a bag and drowning it. Classic show of dominance and abuse just like the article points out.
    Wrong-o. I "stuck his nose in it", meaning I got his nose close enough to give him a good smell of his own shit.

Dominance is how you train pets. Read any book on training and that's the first thing they tell you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Your argument is a straw man, Abbey:

A cat ain't a person, no law was broken and there was no malice.
    And yours is just another typical trick to use just one definition of several.

5. to kill or slaughter inhumanly or barbarously.
    And the synonym of murder is "kill"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/murder

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Wrong-o. I "stuck his nose in it", meaning I got his nose close enough to give him a good smell of his own shit.

Dominance is how you train pets. Read any book on training and that's the first thing they tell you.
    Still a show of dominance and not how you train an animal. Any expert in the field will tell you that old school of thought is NOT how to properly train an animal. I've dealt with tons of breeders and have brought 2 of my dogs to obedience school, and anyone who cares about their pets will tell you that's not how you properly house train an animal.

I'm also sure you won't find any books telling you that the humane way to get rid of one of your pets is by drowning it. In fact, they will likely tell you it's against the law and you can be charged with animal cruelty for doing so. Amazing that you think animal cruelty is not inhumane.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

For someone trying to use morality to blast me again your lack of morality here is glaring.

"Poor" strippers? If she's poor you give her less of a tip? If she's poor you should give her more.

You call spending ridiculous large sums of money on a cat "giving back"? You claim my soul is in trouble, yet the real reason you keep your cat alive is to soothe yours.

Giving it to Food For The Poor would actually be "giving back".