Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dragon View Post
    Vistigial structures, poor "design", unnecessary complexity.
    Until a purpose is discovered that was previously overlooked. The "poor" design of life you bemoan is much more elegant then any design by man.

It looks like there's more of a halfhazard accumulation of changes, mutations that are not beneficial, endigenous retroviruses, etc.
    You may fancy yerself an ace mindreader; yer not.

Ya can't even read a single functional brain cell, so yer surely not gonna be able ta read the mind or intentions of God. Jesus appears to allow free agency in us as you believe in your own religion, why could God not allow free agency in the development of all living things?

These things don't make sense from an intelligent design perspective.
    Sure they do. An omnipotent omnicient Intelligent Designer could do anything. The work is very impressive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OldMercsRule View Post
    Until a purpose is discovered that was previously overlooked. The "poor" design of life you bemoan is much more elegant then any design by man.
    Like I pointed out before, vistigial structures need not be useless, just diminished or changed. But of course you ignore and information I give you so I guess you wouldn't know that still.

Elegant? You mean like eyes or wings that are fully formed yet permanently sealed and unusable? Or like the blind spot humans have? What about non beneficial, even deadly or horrible mutations? Man or even a fucking monkey could a better job than that.

Jesus appears to allow free agency in us as you believe in your own religion, why could God not allow free agency in the development of all living things?[/COLOR]

Sure they do. An omnipotent omnicient Intelligent Designer could do anything. The work is very impressive.
    This is you rationalizing away any incriminating evidence. "OH, well, the creator can do anything he wants, so everything fits!" Gee, how scientific! Yea, this is one good reason why I.D. can never be science. It assums god did everything and uses the age old cop out that he simply chooses to do it that way for everything. It's completely unfalsifiable. Not to mention we can't even show that a god exists in the first place. I.D. is tooth fairy science or fairy tale science. Meaning that it misuses science to show how a fairy tale can be true without first proving the premise.

And if god supposedly allows this free agency so they can develop on their own, then why do we need him for evolution? You're saying that oh yea, things can evolve on their own because god allows it, but evolution is false! Do you not see how this doesn't make sense?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by OldMercsRule
    Like I pointed out before, vistigial structures need not be useless, just diminished or changed.
    "Diminished or changed" in who's judgment? Hmmmmmmmmm???? True belivers tryin' ta grasp at straws ta prove their precornceived bias in support of their religion?

But of course you ignore and information I give you so I guess you wouldn't know that still.
    How do you know what I ignore or pay attention to? Are ya some sorta ace mindreader or some such?

Elegant? You mean like eyes or wings that are fully formed yet permanently sealed and unusable? Or like the blind spot humans have? What about non beneficial, even deadly or horrible mutations? Man or even a fucking monkey could a better job than that.
    You actually think man or a monkey can create life or organs? Even organs that don't measure up to yer standards?

Yer gettin' a bit huffy again eh???

Originally Posted by OldMercsRule
    Jesus appears to allow free agency in us as you believe in your own religion, why could God not allow free agency in the development of all living things?

This is you rationalizing away any incriminating evidence. "OH, well, the creator can do anything he wants, so everything fits!" Gee, how scientific! Yea, this is one good reason why I.D. can never be science. It assums god did everything and uses the age old cop out that he simply chooses to do it that way for everything. It's completely unfalsifiable. Not to mention we can't even show that a god exists in the first place.
    ID is an alternative and very logical explanation for all we observe. God's work is how we show his existance as black holes are not directly observed; butt: shown by the effects on nearby matter and light.

I.D. is tooth fairy science or fairy tale science. Meaning that it misuses science to show how a fairy tale can be true without first proving the premise. And if god supposedly allows this free agency so they can develop on their own, then why do we need him for evolution?
    Because we can't explain where life came from, or what made the Big Bang happen out of a tiny singularity in the middle of nothingness among other things.

You're saying that oh yea, things can evolve on their own because god allows it, but evolution is false!
    Evolution is unproven; and not a fact. Show me where I said evolution "is false". You sure get huffy about yer religion. Get some fresh undies you will feeeeeeeel better.

Do you not see how this doesn't make sense?
    Makes perfect sense.