Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Can't help ya if you are going to deny the surge is a new strategy but Bagdhad is vital and it's not surprising they began there nor is it surprising that the violence increased in other areas as the enemy ran. The US is in essence "shaping" the battlefield and maintaining security in areas whereas before they were cleaning out an area and moving on. What you are seeing now is a methodical strategy to slowly force the enemy into retreating to new areas and eventually out of Iraq unless they are killed first.

How can this come in to fruition, your opyimistic view, if they are pulling out 1 brigade by christmas that they are not replacing and the other 30k by july?

With the democrats being so incredibly inconsistent in what they claim they want or don't want, I can see why the administration can't please them.
    The anti-war faction needs to take a stance and stick with it if they are so sure of themselves and want anyone to take them seriously.
    It's "yank all the troops home immediately" one day and 'send in 500k to finish the job" the next.
    I have never been part of ''that'' anti war crowd that you speak of, and it is me, asking you, the questions not the Democratic party, not the anti-war crowd, and not the moveon.org crowd, but me, a person, on this message board.

jd
    Last edited by JohnDoe; 09-14-2007 at 12:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    I have never been part of ''that'' anti war crowd that you speak of, and it is me, asking you, the questions not the Democratic party, not the anti-war crowd, and not the moveon.org crowd, but me, a person, on this message board.

jd
    Me and You ? Sounds like the cage match that's been proposed.

and yes since no one can predict exactly what will happen, I prefer to be optimistic.
    Do you have a problem with the withdrawal of some combat troops? I don't.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Me and You ? Sounds like the cage match that's been proposed.

and yes since no one can predict exactly what will happen, I prefer to be optimistic.
    Do you have a problem with the withdrawal of some combat troops? I don't.
    JPP, one of the other sites that I used to frequent, has a "Cage Match" section, and all others are locked out....but it failed...

It failed because the two posters that were chosen for the match, or actually volunteered for it, were not on the board 24/7 and some of these individual matches went on for weeks and months with periods of days and days inbetween of NOTHING....

And all other posters on the site became bored with it, imo.

So, personally, I think it is better to match at free will and not contained, allowing others to contribute also.

The Cage won't work, unless scheduled where both parties are 100% free and also won't work where the match does not have a time limit....

I meant to add that info to dmp's thread, but forgot....

------------------------------------

Now to the 2nd part of your post...

I don't honestly know Dillo...

If we were being told that we are leaving Iraq, with only minimal troops left and the 412,000 contracters were leaving too with minimal civilians left behind then I would be FOR the withdrawl.

If we are just keeping everyone there, and bringing the surge people home only, then I think we are setting ourselves up for another disasterous situation...

I think this is how I am leaning...? I haven't solidified this stance yet, because I have alot more reading to do, before it becomes concrete in my head!
    Last edited by JohnDoe; 09-14-2007 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I found it most revealing when Senator John Warner(R-VA) asked General Petraeus, "...If we continue what you have laid before the Congress here as a strategy, do you feel that that is making America Safer?", to which General Petraeus, after hemming and hawing, answered, "I don't know..."

"I don't know...", the Commander of "multi-national" forces in Iraq doesn't know if the strategy the Bush administration is pursuing with regard to Iraq is making America safer? Did we finally get an honest answer to that question from someone who damn well should know?

"I don't know..." Contrast that with Chimpy McPresident's assessment:

<blockquote>"[The terrorists] know that the success of a free Iraq, who can be a key ally in the war on terror and a symbol of success for others, will be a crushing blow to their strategy to dominate the region, and threaten America and the free world."</blockquote>

General Petraeus was, at least honest and realistic in saying, "I don't know...". Bush was simply dissembling in a feeble attempt to shore up sagging support for the war at home and provide some political cover to those Congressional Republicans who will still ask "How high?" when Bush says "Jump!".
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder, for those that call General Petraues a liar, is he still a liar? If not, then why not? If he is still a liar then why would Obama put him in charge of the Afgahnistan surge that he ordered?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Written records of what they said before.... the mortal enemy of modern liberalism.....
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)