Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    As stated already, I have the user area one shade of gray, the quoted text in a post is white, and I made the line that separates the post and the signature much more prominent. It seems as if the signature area and the post area are controlled the same - you change one and you change both - hence the heightened separator in the mean time. I'll find a way to change it yet!
    That's much better. The separator line is much more prominent, and the highlight behind the quoted material is very obvious. Thanks, Jim.
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 08-02-2010 at 10:45 AM.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You are correct. I searched through all the mods for the new version and there aren't any as of yet that support searching all the threads you were "thanked" in for your post. I removed the one that was currently installed as it distorted your rep count and thanks count off to the right of your post. This one blends in with the board a little better at the bottom of a post where you thank someone, and your stats are right in your postbit (after you post, to the right of your name and avatar). But still no way to search. A few developers stated this will be available in future release, so we'll just have to wait a bit.

IMO, while I think the "thanks" is a nice option, and nice to see people thanking you under your posts, it's a bit redundant with the reputation system.
    I thought the same at first. Now I see it as an enhancement. Keep it.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

mr P I can't see your post at all. just one big blue field. what the hell happened???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    mr P I can't see your post at all. just one big blue field. what the hell happened???
    You said you didn't like Firefox, and that you weren't using AOL's browser. Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, what version exactly? If another browser, please let me know! It's definitely something on your end as you are the only one experiencing this issue. I'll do my best to help you troubleshoot it. Off to get a coffee first and be right back though!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

You said you didn't like Firefox, and that you weren't using AOL's browser. Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, what version exactly? If another browser, please let me know! It's definitely something on your end as you are the only one experiencing this issue. I'll do my best to help you troubleshoot it. Off to get a coffee first and be right back though!
    IE 7. and it works fine on other forums. I thought these worked with all browsers.

I put fire fox back on. same problem. you tell me. it has been working just fine till yesterday.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Can you see this one?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

IE 7. and it works fine on other forums. I thought these worked with all browsers.

I put fire fox back on. same problem. you tell me. it has been working just fine till yesterday.
    You need IE8 for the new version of vBulletin to render properly, which is why you probably often see tables out of whack or stretched. Try upgrading to IE8 which is now recommended for all PC's regardless:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...r/default.aspx

Odd that the latest version of FF would do the same, that's what myself and a lot of others are using, without the issue you are seeing. But let's attack one issue at a time, starting with IE which I would recommend upgrading whether you had the issue here or not.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Can you see this one?
    just fine. it is an intermittent problem

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

You need IE8 for the new version of vBulletin to render properly, which is why you probably often see tables out of whack or stretched. Try upgrading to IE8 which is now recommended for all PC's regardless:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...r/default.aspx

Odd that the latest version of FF would do the same, that's what myself and a lot of others are using, without the issue you are seeing. But let's attack one issue at a time, starting with IE which I would recommend upgrading whether you had the issue here or not.
    for some reason IE8 keeps logging me off. but ill try anything right now.
    didn't you address this problem further back????

I don't think this has any weight. but when it was working i had the blue border with gray interior. now its all blue.
    off to IE8. BRB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

for some reason IE8 keeps logging me off. but ill try anything right now.
    didn't you address this problem further back????

I don't think this has any weight. but when it was working i had the blue border with gray interior. now its all blue.
    off to IE8. BRB
    Blue border with gray interior is what we are shooting for. It sounds to me like the "tables" are not rendering properly. Things are likely being shoved all the way to the right or all the way to the bottom. I've seen it before and it's always the forum software, mismatch in pertinent software, or problem with receiving PC. I doubt it's your PC since you have no issue anywhere else. I doubt it's the forum software as everyone should then experience the issue. That leaves us with the browser, which is the easiest to try and fix at the moment anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I thought the same at first. Now I see it as an enhancement. Keep it.
    I agree. On another site, they also have a 'thumbs down' option. I like that better than rep, as I don't like to ding folks, just show disagreement.

The thumbs up is very nice when you are out of repping someone positively, but want them and others to know you agree.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Another thing worth mentioning to anyone having ANY weird issues on the forum - make sure you empty your browsers cache and delete your cookies. You might have remnants still cached from the old version.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Blue border with gray interior is what we are shooting for. It sounds to me like the "tables" are not rendering properly. Things are likely being shoved all the way to the right or all the way to the bottom. I've seen it before and it's always the forum software, mismatch in pertinent software, or problem with receiving PC. I doubt it's your PC since you have no issue anywhere else. I doubt it's the forum software as everyone should then experience the issue. That leaves us with the browser, which is the easiest to try and fix at the moment anyway.
    im back.

Blue border with gray interior is what we are shooting for. It sounds to me like the "tables" are not rendering properly. Things are likely being shoved all the way to the right or all the way to the bottom.
    bingo !!! that what i have. and it is an intermittent problem. i never know when i post if this will happen or not.
    when it does on the far right is a scroll bar. it goes allll the way to the bottom. nothing there. and you can see something in the lower right corner. im running IE 8 now

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

bingo !!! that what i have. and it is an intermittent problem. i never know when i post if this will happen or not.
    when it does on the far right is a scroll bar. it goes allll the way to the bottom. nothing there. and you can see something in the lower right corner. im running IE 8 now
    Is it still doing it now? Can you also delete your cache and cookies and then log back in again and continue testing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Is it still doing it now? Can you also delete your cache and cookies and then log back in again and continue testing?
    I wouldn't think you would have to with a new or updated browser. what the hell do i have to lose??? I will get logged off but that's normal. this time i stayed logged on. standby

BTY everything's still blue.............