Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Flee. Live your live. Enlist, maybe? Do something to shake your world up and down.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Flee. Live your live. Enlist, maybe? Do something to shake your world up and down.
    I couldn't make it in the army, I know that for sure, though fleeing has crossed my mind more than enough.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I couldn't make it in the army, I know that for sure, though fleeing has crossed my mind more than enough.
    dude. If you couldn't make it - it'd only be due to your admission of failure at the beginning. DO IT. There are millions of people "who wouldn't make it" who, thanks to hard work, DO make it. I believe in you.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    dude. If you couldn't make it - it'd only be due to your admission of failure at the beginning. DO IT. There are millions of people "who wouldn't make it" who, thanks to hard work, DO make it. I believe in you.
    Noir, listen to Dmp, he is right, you are your own worst enemy.
    The Military has much to offer, and in need of bright people.

Don't sell yourself short, you will face many challenges in life, but to limit yourself so early in life will be a burden for the rest of your life.

Think about this for a moment, if you quit this easily, it will always be easy to quit again and again.

I never finished college, it wasn't for me, so I went into business for myself, and succeeded beyond my wildest dreams, all because I wasn't willing to quit.

Three years is nothing in the big scheme of things, if for no other reason, do it for you, not because it's expected of you.
    Then when all is said and done, join the Military, it will be the experience of a lifetime, I guarantee it!
    Not to mention the doors it will open later on.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    Noir, listen to Dmp, he is right, you are your own worst enemy.
    The Military has much to offer, and in need of bright people.

Don't sell yourself short, you will face many challenges in life, but to limit yourself so early in life will be a burden for the rest of your life.

Think about this for a moment, if you quit this easily, it will always be easy to quit again and again.

I never finished college, it wasn't for me, so I went into business for myself, and succeeded beyond my wildest dreams, all because I wasn't willing to quit.

Three years is nothing in the big scheme of things, if for no other reason, do it for you, not because it's expected of you.
    Then when all is said and done, join the Military, it will be the experience of a lifetime, I guarantee it!
    Not to mention the doors it will open later on.
    I'm not going to the army full stop, thanks.

And this is not quitting, this is doing what I should of done several years ago, but didn't because of the pressure from others.

Anyways, on a more progressive note, have an interview next week for an Estate Agents. No experience required, good salary with commission, large company and local. It's nit what I want to do, nor do I think it will be in anyway easy given the housing market, but if they're employing then atleast the company thinks it's doable.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Noir, what do you want to do with your life? That is a big factor here.

I would ask you to consider the fact that 3 years is not that long. Could it be that you are not happy at university because you are in the wrong program? What educational path have you chosen?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    Noir, what do you want to do with your life? That is a big factor here.

I would ask you to consider the fact that 3 years is not that long. Could it be that you are not happy at university because you are in the wrong program? What educational path have you chosen?
    My desire is to work in politics, at either a local or national level. If I stay in the UK.

The course was law and politics, but I'm not an academic, and never have been, and the politics that I love, is not sitting in a room with a bunch of boffins talking about the pros and cons of tyrannies

The best bit about my year at Uni was the week I took off, to work as a volunteer for a local prospective MP, 6am to Midnight working days, going door to door, talkin to people, and learning of their concerns (many of which surprised me) for example the community police service (basically police without police powers!) which I always saw as a watse of money are really quiet valued in poor areas, changing my thoughts on them totally.

If I could go full time into the party machine tomorrow on minimum wage I would, but it will likely only be after allot more volunteering and getting my face/name known with the right people.