Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Palin Rider View Post
    Are you implying that you want to run away with me and secede?
    I have two acres!!!

I might take you up on that, depending on how much you could move into the new treasury.

Not much .... my tax rate is too high.

If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrskurtsprincess View Post
    Oh, really? You've heard him assign blame elsewhere? When and which problem? Cause I must have missed that one. I'd like to print it and frame it.
    Obama didn't push the economy into a ditch. Mentioning how we got to where we are is what responsible adults do.

Ronald Reagan and GW Bush blamed Carter and the Democrats from decades earlier for every wrong. So your argument if true would be a double standard. But your argument is false.

Blame for not accomplishing things fast enough is what Obama took credit/blame for. Obama did not blame Bush for the slowness of his policies and the Republican obstructionism.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    Obama didn't push the economy into a ditch. Mentioning how we got to where we are is what responsible adults do.

Ronald Reagan and GW Bush blamed Carter and the Democrats from decades earlier for every wrong. So your argument if true would be a double standard. But your argument is false.

Blame for not accomplishing things fast enough is what Obama took credit/blame for. Obama did not blame Bush for the slowness of his policies and the Republican obstructionism.
    So, Obama is giving himself a backhanded compliment....what a surprise.

Seriously? How about he accepts the blame for a policy he's put in place that is totally screwed? Hmmmmmmm...can't see a narcissist ever doing that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seriously? How about he accepts the blame for a policy he's put in place that is totally screwed? Hmmmmmmm...can't see a narcissist ever doing that.
    The effect of his policies can be debated. Your personal attacks are ridiculous. They serve absolutely no purpose on an internet message board except to flame. They are devoid of argument.

Narcissism is most likely a prerequisite for running for President. You remind me of the crazy people who criticized Kerry ofr being arrogant. Like any Presidential candidate in Us history was not arrogant.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The effect of his policies can be debated. Your personal attacks are ridiculous. They serve absolutely no purpose on an internet message board except to flame. They are devoid of argument.

Narcissism is most likely a prerequisite for running for President. You remind me of the crazy people who criticized Kerry ofr being arrogant. Like any Presidential candidate in Us history was not arrogant.
    There is no debate. Obama's policies have failed. After the "stimulus" bill, several "jobs" bills, Cash for Clunkers, and Obamacare - the economy continues to sink. Millions have lost their jobs.

Not ONE Dem who voted for Obamacare is running campaign ads boasting about that vote

Many Dems do not want Obama to campagn for them. After all, Obama is what 1 and 4 with his endorsements?

All Obama and the Dems can do is try to pass the buck to someone else.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Uhm......whatever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dante has at least one point: the "narcissist" label is pretty weak. I doubt that it was ever possible for a non-narcissist to win a presidential election.
    All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obama didn't push the economy into a ditch.
    This is probably correct. However, he and his cronies have marched into the ditch, poured sand in the block, removed all the tires, cut the axles in half, and set the damned car on fire. I sure as hell don't feel obliged to give him a "good job" for that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

and now the voters see Obama for what he really is. A tax and spend liberal who can't govern and only knows how to campaign

Rasmussen now has Obama's approval index at -24

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Palin Rider View Post
    Dante has at least one point: the "narcissist" label is pretty weak. I doubt that it was ever possible for a non-narcissist to win a presidential election.
    So, you don't deny that he is a narcissist?

As for the label being weak ... perhaps I should have said ... the "most narcissistic president that I've ever experienced"? Would that have been a stronger stance to take?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    1) There is no debate. Obama's policies have failed. After the "stimulus" bill, several "jobs" bills, Cash for Clunkers, and Obamacare - the economy continues to sink. Millions have lost their jobs.

2) Not ONE Dem who voted for Obamacare is running campaign ads boasting about that vote

Many Dems do not want Obama to campagn for them. After all, Obama is what 1 and 4 with his endorsements?

All Obama and the Dems can do is try to pass the buck to someone else.
    1) The job loss was stemmed. How many people were losing their jobs daily before Obama's policies? You can either be fair or wingnutty, you're choice. (wingnutty is not an insult as it is not a noun)

2) Popularity contests about things do not make very good measures of effectiveness of policies. A policy can be unpopular yet effective. *sigh

3) The rest of your post is far too juvenile and immature to respond to tonight. Maybe after a few cups of caffeine?

note: is condescension a crime?
    Last edited by Dante; 09-09-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Obama didn't push the economy into a ditch

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dante:
    Obama didn't push the economy into a ditch.

This is probably correct. However, he and his cronies have marched into the ditch, poured sand in the block, removed all the tires, cut the axles in half, and set the damned car on fire. I sure as hell don't feel obliged to give him a "good job" for that.
    His cronies? my oh my aren't we literate?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1) The job loss was stemmed. How many people were losing their jobs daily before Obama's policies? You can either be fair or wingnutty, you're choice. (wingnutty is not an insult as it is not a noun)

2) Popularity contests about things do not make very good measures of effectiveness of policies. A policy can be unpopular yet effective. *sigh

3) The rest of your post is far too juvenile and immature to respond to tonight. Maybe after a few cups of caffeine?

note: is condescension a crime?
    OK, class is in session son. Please take notes a test will be given on November 2

Fact: About 4 miilion jobs have been lost on Obama's watch despite his "stimulus" bill and Obama's promise unemployment would not go above 8% if the "stimulus" bill was passed

Fast: Obama has spent more in 18 months then Pres Bush spent in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Katrina COMBINED. Obama and Dems ran on Bush's spending and deficits and they have made Bush look like Ebenezer Scrooge

Fact: Cash for Clunkers did nothing to help the auto companies. All that happened was to ytake sales that would have been made anyway and caused them to made early. The csot to the taxpayer per car? About $45,000 per car. Not only that but the price for used cars has risen since Obama said the clunkers had to be destroyed

Fact: Under Obama's "stimulus" the cost per job "created" for the US taxpayer is about $250,000

Fact: Dems claimed passing Obamacare was the landmark accomplishment for them. yet not one Dem running for reelection is touting their vote in campaign ads. Not one. Yet there are some Dems boasting about their NO vote. In fact, one Dem here in PA is running ads on TV proudly telling voters about his no vote

Fact: In elections held so far Obama's choice lost in VA, MA, NJ, and in PA. Not very good results for the Chosen One

Not juvenile or immature it is the truth.

Folks are seeing the results of Obama's policies and more results are on the way.

The cost of their healthcare will go up as premiums shoot up. Unless something is done, masive tax increases are set to clobber the middle class as the Bush tax cuts expire and the tax increases in Obamacare take effect

Obama's policies are unpopular and ineffective. Period.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

His cronies? my oh my aren't we literate?
    Oh my! Aren't we evasive?