Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
you're a condescending piece of shit.

You seem to have done well for yourself, you're very well educated.

Yet, you post BS about other Indians not being educated or experienced enough to be economically viable.

Are other Indians just not as good as you?

Anyone who wants to do better in this country, especially minorities, have every opportunity to do so. Families can move. Yes, they may be separated from their comfort zone, away from family, friends and culture. But, hey, that's the way things are. If you want to make life easier for your kids you do everything you can.
You're a dumb fucking hillbilly, no matter if fellow dumb fucking hillbillies mrs****princess and Guffer rimjob you all day long. The exception proves the rule! There's a literal stockpile of literature that illustrates that the U.S. has limited social mobility in comparison with the social democratic capitalist and even slightly more leftist capitalist countries of continental Europe. There's also a lot of evidence on this group specifically, that you just ignored, like the dimwitted imbecile that you are. Continuing my extrapolation of evidence on the Indian contingency of the "Mexican-American" population, there's An American Dream Unfulfilled: The Limited Mobility of Mexican Americans:

Objective. We build on past research regarding immigrant group adaptation by examining the wages of first–, second–, and third–generation Mexican–American men and women and empirically evaluating if past theories of immigrant incorporation apply to the Mexican–American case. Methods. We use the 1989 Latino National Political Study and the 1990/1991 Panel Studies of Income Dynamics and OLS regressions to estimate the effects of generation and human capital on wages. Results. Immigrant men and women report lower wages than their second– and third–generation counterparts, but once human capital controls are added, the wage pattern becomes one of steady decline across generations for men, and stagnation or marginal decline across generations for women. Conclusions. Our results generally contest the applicability of linear assimilation hypotheses to the Mexican–American experience, while lending some credence to the selectivity and immigrant optimism hypotheses. Results also indicate the importance of developing more contextualized immigrant adaptation frameworks.
So paired with the studies that reveal that Indian admixture is positively associated with lower class status within the Mexican-American population, what does that indicate? Your "American dream" is just that: you have to be asleep to believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by mrskurtsprincess View Post

Standing ovation Trigg!!!

I am an example of exactly what you are referencing. At 18 I walked away from everything I knew to get out of the poverty and violence that was my world.
Your stupid little anecdotes aren't even relevant in this context, since you're not even an Indian. My mother's a Mayan and has the same inaccurate belief in unrestrained social mobility based on her own rags-to-riches story from Guatemala to the U.S. (psychoanalyze that however you want). Like you, she's a victim of arrogant inflation of her own individual perceptions. You'll never see the forest as long as you belligerently insist on charting the growth of one tree and inferring that all the others must be the same.