Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    ...you think there's too much shame? =/

I think there's far too little, from about 5th year (16 year olds +) in my school the converstaion the majoirty of the time was spent discussing who'd slept with who and who other people were going to sleep with and so forth, and shame was absent in all of those conversations.

Maybe sex as a concept doesn't mean that much to you, fair enough, but don't try and break it down into ethical axioms, it just doesn't work.

Also, lveRPgirl, as an aside, "We are humans, not animals" no, we are Humans AND animals.
    DUDE, is that avatar a self portrait?
    Did you do the artwork if thats just someone else?
    If so, its pretty awesome. Their is a LOT of artistic talent in my family, so I'm not just blowing hot air. I like that sketch

Anyways, YOU may be human AND animal, but I'm not. Im simply Human.....
    Just kinda joking, its really semantics and I understand what you are saying, but we are QUITE DISTINCT FROM HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF ALL AND ANY SPECIES THAT EVER EXISTED, and NONE of them were ever capable of drawing a sketch like your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Palin Rider View Post
    The fact that intimacy is fairly important to you personally (and to me personally) doesn't support the idea that it has to be required for everyone. Many people have so-called "fuck buddies," and although it's not a choice I'd make, there's nothing inherently wrong with it.
    You know, I read this again, and I have to say one more thing,,,,

hold on,,,,,sip,,,,,sip,,,,,sip,,,,,bite, ,,,,,crunch,,,,swallow,,,sip,,,,sip,,,swallow

ok, maybe we cant make intimacy a requirement, but I will take the responsablility of explaining to my kids how intimate sex is so much more fantastic than one night stands. I do remember some of the one nighters, but mostly I remember the girls I was with than the sex,,but all of my greatest memories of sex that still linger on ....

oppps, hold on, Etta Jones............

ok, Im back,
    WERE TIMES OF GREAT INTIMACY, MY WIFE TOOK ME PLACES NO ONE NIGHTER EVER DID,
    and I can easily still go back to those times of intimacy, they were so intense unlike one nighters

opps, stolen identity, gotta up the volume,,,,
    ok, Im back...

and trust me, I come from the 70's, not bragging, but sex was so open and free and easy, and I had no parents, NO PARENTS to teach me any restraint, and I was able to "get laid" every night by a different girl. It was amazingly easy, all you had to do was drive around and girls were hitch-hiking, which was code for, "looking for a party"
    Wilt Chamberlain had nothing on us, even the ugly looking dudes had no problem getting laid.....
    I DONT CLAIM TO KN0OW ANYTHING ABOUT HUMAN NATURE
    N
    OIR DO I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CRITICAL THINKING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Each of us is here because our mothers and fathers had sex at least once. So, considering that most of us would rather exist than not exist, why is sex so often perceived as dark, shameful, and complicated?

In an ideal world, sex SHOULD be about on the same level as a trip to the amusement park. Clearly you don't want to go with someone who's sick or who's likely to make you sick. Nor would you want to go with just any random person: we all have our own tastes about who makes for good company, and there should be no feelings of being hurt or rejected if someone tells you that you're not the right company for them.

Beyond this, there's no need for the process to become overcomplicated. Something is seriously wrong if you have to bribe someone to go to the amusement park with you, or if you have lingering ideas about the amusement park being an evil, shameful place.
    As long as you don't say to a gal, "Hey, can I use your body like an amusement park?"

I do agree that society, in general, has problems with sex. For example, condom use is advocated, however, should a parent witness a condom accidentally falling out of their daughter's purse or one in their son's pocket on laundry day usually all hell breaks loose.

As for adults I think a lot of them who are not having sex just don't feel like it, at least not with persons they know. For example, more than a few married couples lose interest, both men and women.

For me, it's not so much the intimacy as it is the desire. I'm sure we all have people we confide in but the desire for sex just isn't there.

Another example would be oral sex. It shouldn't make any difference the gender of the person performing it but I don't think most straight people would be turned on by a member of the same sex.

Humans are strange creatures.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
    since you posted this in the religion forum, what do you think that the religion should say about your amusement park "Free Sex" ?
    Technically it's the "religion and ethics" forum, but for the record, most Western religions teach ideas that are much more harmful to people than beneficial when it comes to sex.

In a way, that's understandable, because in a culture where the oldest son inherited everything, it was critical to know whose kid was whose. A more liberal attitude toward sex would have created big problems in such a society.
    All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Technically it's the "religion and ethics" forum, but for the record, most Western religions teach ideas that are much more harmful to people than beneficial when it comes to sex.

In a way, that's understandable, because in a culture where the oldest son inherited everything, it was critical to know whose kid was whose. A more liberal attitude toward sex would have created big problems in such a society.
    so the idea is that because religions have some more harmful things than sex, then sex should be allowed ?

instead of discussing if other things are more harmful or not, shouldnt we be discussing if sex is harmful or not, and why was it forbidden in all the religions in the first place.

and even if you discuss it from the ethics aspect, where do you think ethics came from, what are ethics to you ?

ethics are just the concept of right and wrong, it can vary from each perspective, i see sex is wrong, and you see sex is right, so we have different opinions, which opinion is right and which is wrong and who decides ?

should we build our judgement on perspectives which vary from one to another ?, there must be something that we all see as the right thing, or the wrong thing, so the thing that shows us whats right and whats wrong is religion, which is the basic ground of ethics.

ethics existed long before religions, ethics were not a creation of religion, its a creation of humanity, and it existed as long as the humanity existed, but when it comes to sex, then ethics differs in different cultures, one culture allow it and the other forbid it, so when both cultures abide by the same religion, it doesnt matter if they see sex is right or wrong, they will both see that its wrong because of their religion which reformed their ethics.

again, what does your religion think of sex, does it think that its like amusement park or not ?

and also, what does your ethics think about sex, does your ethics tell you that its like amusement park ?

and also, what do you want to teach your son or daughter, that sex is like an amusement park and everyone should play with it as much as he\she desires ?
    Last edited by abso; 11-30-2010 at 01:43 PM.
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ha, I was outside planting palms and flowers,

YEA, I KNOW ITS CRAZY COLD OUTSIDE, I THINK ITS DOWN TO 60 DEGREES TODAY,,,,,,,,

butk I was listening to the radio and the great love songs,,,,hmmm,

made me wonder how much great music has been written about:

1) Intimate love
    2) One night stands
    3) women who have broken mens hearts hahahha, ok, sometimes men break womens hearts tooooo

Quote Originally Posted by apple0154 View Post

Another example would be oral sex. It shouldn't make any difference the gender of the person performing it but I don't think most straight people would be turned on by a member of the same sex.
    Are you stark raving mad??????????

It is THE MOST IMPORTANT PART....

If who the person is that is performing doesnt matter, I might as well mastur.........

HMMMMM, is this Psychoblues in disguise????
    N

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Liberals/progressives generally seek to impress upon society the unspectacular human. To the godless, we aren't above the animals. Things like the sexual experience become mechanical. There's no concern about psychological or emotional aspects. There's no 'joining' of two folks - it's purely physical pleasure.

They, IMO are selling themselves short. Having sex with a woman is fantastic. If I'm in love with her, it's indescribable.
    You are a sexual being, Darin. However, that fact has nothing at all to do with how spectacular or unspectacular you are. No sense trying to turn the topic of sex into something it isn't.
    All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvRPgrl View Post
    DUDE, is that avatar a self portrait?
    Did you do the artwork if thats just someone else?
    If so, its pretty awesome. Their is a LOT of artistic talent in my family, so I'm not just blowing hot air. I like that sketch
    It was drawn for me, and i loveit this wee pic commbines the art and the image it was based on...

Anyways, YOU may be human AND animal, but I'm not. Im simply Human.....
    Just kinda joking, its really semantics and I understand what you are saying, but we are QUITE DISTINCT FROM HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF ALL AND ANY SPECIES THAT EVER EXISTED, and NONE of them were ever capable of drawing a sketch like your avatar.
    If i may steal some words from Jill...(can't memo her second name) "There isn't a sharp line dividing humans from the rest of the animal kingdom, its a very wuzzy line, Its a very wuzzy line and its getting wuzzier all the time. The more we look the more we see animals doing things that we in our arrogance use to think was just human."
    Last edited by Noir; 11-30-2010 at 07:45 PM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

You are a sexual being, Darin. However, that fact has nothing at all to do with how spectacular or unspectacular you are. No sense trying to turn the topic of sex into something it isn't.
    I don't understand your point.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I second that
    N

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by I second that
    I second that
    I....I think he wants you Darin...
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My point is that when you try to bundle the physical aspects of sex with emotions and psychology, you end up grossly overcomplicating the concept.

In other words, my point is to keep it simple.

(And Noir, you're a sexual being, too. Every one of us is. Doesn't mean that I or anybody else wants to fuck the entire world.)
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I was joking =/

but as a pedantic aside, some folk are 'A-sexual'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I was joking =/

but as a pedantic aside, some folk are 'A-sexual'

My apologies; I should have said "nearly every one of us is a sexual being."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My point is that when you try to bundle the physical aspects of sex with emotions and psychology, you end up grossly overcomplicating the concept.

In other words, my point is to keep it simple.

(And Noir, you're a sexual being, too. Every one of us is. Doesn't mean that I or anybody else wants to fuck the entire world.)
    Are you trying to say you can even manage to "unbundle" the physical part from the emotions/psychology aspect?

I think some people try, but it simply cant be done. Sex STARTS in the brain, and all aspects of it are ultimately controlled by it.
    N

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvRPgrl View Post
    Are you trying to say you can even manage to "unbundle" the physical part from the emotions/psychology aspect?
    I'm not sure that everyone can, but many people can.

I think some people try, but it simply cant be done. Sex STARTS in the brain, and all aspects of it are ultimately controlled by it.
    Sex starts in the "lizard brain;" it's the higher reasoning in the cerebral cortex that overcomplicates it.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson