Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Question Who Is the President?

I think it's taken 2 or 3 days to begin to grasp just how bad last week was for Obama, culminating in Friday's weirdest day ever. I'm still trying to get my head around the President ceding the gathering of news reporters, to a past President. *head still shaking*

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DYHDPxohkrc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DYHDPxohkrc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

One thing that I definitely came away with from watching the 1/2 hour plus of Clinton monologue, he is way smarter both on issues and politics than the current President. Another is that he does love America, also unlike Mr. Obama.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I can't remember any other President having a predecessor come in and have him try to sell something like that.

Seems to me that that's a pretty desperate move.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Some interesting things that I'm finding:

http://www.nypost.com/Page/Uuid/a270...a-229b55ca35f3

Obama abdicates to Bill Clinton, lunacy

By JOHN PODHORETZ

Last Updated: 5:08 AM, December 12, 2010

Posted: 12:28 AM, December 12, 2010

The surreal week in Washington was brought to a fitting climax on Friday when Barack Obama handed the presidency over to Bill Clinton for 20 minutes. “I’m going to take off,” he said.

“You’re in good hands,” the president informed the press corps, patting his predecessor on the back. And take off the president did.

It wasn’t an official, unofficial or illicit transfer of power in any way, of course. But it somehow felt like it.

What happened here has, to my knowledge, never happened. When the president finishes speaking, whenever the president finishes speaking, the event ends. Period.

Not any longer.

President Obama can change the rules of etiquette governing his White House if he wants. The problem for him is that those rules of etiquette exist for a reason. They are intended to enforce the standing of the presidency itself. By breaching them, Obama did harm to his own standing, and at a time when he can ill afford to lose any more of his authority.

What’s more, by doing so, he overshadowed the purpose of his joint appearance with Bill Clinton by letting Bubba hold court. And hold court Clinton did, in a revelatory monologue masquerading as a press availability...
    Lots more, Podhoretz does not like Clinton.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I can't remember any other President having a predecessor come in and have him try to sell something like that.

Seems to me that that's a pretty desperate move.
    Indeed. Even weirder is this piece from, get this...Nov. 2008:

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk...dent-post.html

Obama Names Bill Clinton to Presidential Post

WASHINGTON DC - Ending weeks of speculation and rumors, President-Elect Barack Obama today named Bill Clinton to join his incoming administration as President of the United States, where he will head the federal government's executive branch.

"I am pleased that Bill Clinton has agreed to come out of retirement to head up this crucial post in my administration," said Obama. "He brings a lifetime of previous executive experience as Governor of Arkansas and President of the United States, and has worked closely with most of the members of my Cabinet."

Clinton said he was "excited and honored" by the appointment, and would work "day and night" to defeat all the key policy objectives proposed by Mr. Obama during the campaign.

"I am gratified that the President-Elect has entrusted me with this important responsibility," said Clinton. "I'm looking forward to getting back behind, and under, the Oval Office desk again. As I have told the President-Elect, I pledge to do whatever I can to serve his historic administration by making sure that none of that bullshit he talked about during the campaign will ever see the light of day. Americans can rest assured that he will be safely confined to the East Wing, as far away as possible from any potentially dangerous office equipment or nuclear buttons."...
    It was supposed to be satire...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Now some might want to participate in this poll:

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/12/1...f-the-week-75/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

It's pretty obvious that he's completely out of his element.

I would have thought that he'd have competent handlers by now to help guide him and tell him when he's about to run with a stupid idea.

He seems to be getting worse instead of better.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    It's pretty obvious that he's completely out of his element.

I would have thought that he'd have competent handlers by now to help guide him and tell him when he's about to run with a stupid idea.

He seems to be getting worse instead of better.
    As the man took the office, it became apparent that he was too inexperienced, but that didn't surprise most here. What I guess did take me aback has been his inability to adapt and grow. He is too thin skinned and can't control it from all appearances. He does appear to abdicate power alot, first healthcare to Pelosi and Reid, now one of the levers of power to Clinton.

It's dangerous, as Podhoretz makes pretty clear.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Ok, this is funny!

Paul Gigot: 'I Love the Symbolism of Two Dem Presidents Endorsing Bush Tax Cuts'

By Noel Sheppard | December 12, 2010 | 21:18
    Noel Sheppard's picture

The award for Best Line of the Weekend goes to Wall Street Journal editorial page editor Paul Gigot who on Sunday's "Meet the Press" offered a delicious irony concerning Friday's surprise press conference hosted by Barack Obama and Bill Clinton.

"I love the symbolism of two Democratic presidents--not one, but two--endorsing Bush tax cuts, saying, 'We need them crucially to help the economy':
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...g-bush-tax-cut

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5GhwPzZLWk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5GhwPzZLWk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I'll be that visual will be used often during the 2012 debates and campaign.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan