Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I will say that some of what Abso writes is contradictory but don't we all do the same thing. I really have to question the fact that not one but 2 or 3 mod are jumping on the bandwagon here to rip him apart!!

I for one believe that he is a nice person but we have to understand that the Imans will always place their religion above everything else and tell their followers what they should believe. This being said he is still young and doing what his religious leaders tell him.

Islam is not set up the same way as most other religions!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    I really have to question the fact that not one but 2 or 3 mod are jumping on the bandwagon here to rip him apart!!
    Do you really? Did we "moderate" at all? Can we not post our opinions freely, like everyone else here, because we have the ability to moderate?

And I'm sorry, when someone supports attacks on our troops, whether appropriate or via terrorism, I am going to speak my mind. I love each and every one of our troops, and to see someone "rooting" against them, in any way, is disheartening to me.

But I shouldn't be able to speak my mind because I am a moderator? If you're going to publicly criticize staff members, at least make it when we actually do something that every other member on this board can't do.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Do you really? Did we "moderate" at all? Can we not post our opinions freely, like everyone else here, because we have the ability to moderate?

And I'm sorry, when someone supports attacks on our troops, whether appropriate or via terrorism, I am going to speak my mind. I love each and every one of our troops, and to see someone "rooting" against them, in any way, is disheartening to me.

But I shouldn't be able to speak my mind because I am a moderator? If you're going to publicly criticize staff members, at least make it when we actually do something that every other member on this board can't do.
    Btw, i respect that attitude of yours very much
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
    Btw, i respect that attitude of yours very much
    You'll salute me as you support harm against US soldiers?

With all due respect, fuck off.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You'll salute me as you support harm against US soldiers?

With all due respect, fuck off.
    yup, i am free to have any opinion i like, isnt that the freedom that america is all about ?
    People show you and tell you who they are and you need to be listening and watching, not deciding that you know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
    yup, i am free to have any opinion i like, isnt that the freedom that america is all about ?
    The freedom that America is all about is graciously given to us by our US Military Forces, and I for one don't take our freedoms for granted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why not even a single one used the opportunity i gave all of you to lecture me about how some muslims believe in the war against terrorism and participate in it, you should have used that chance to tell me that i should do the same as that colonel.

instead of defelcting the whole topic on my personality, you should have defelcted it on the colonel's personality.

Think positive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

abso posts:

about Jim, he has the right to be upset, everyone have the right to be upset when i say that i support attacking their country troops, but i also have the right to support legal resistence in any country allover the world, you see your army as a liberation force for Iraq, but i say that most of Iraqi people see it as an occupation force, and as i already said, Iraqi people will never accept the existence of american troops in their country, they will always consider it as occupation.
    Well abso, we'll see if the Iraqi people have those feelings YOU think they have, AFTER our troops pull out of Iraqi, and things start to go back to the way it was before our LIBERATION force showed up.

What say we have this conversation in a couple of years?
    If ya can't prove it, don't say it.
    Bikes, babes, and beer, it don't get no better than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trobinett View Post
    abso posts:

Well abso, we'll see if the Iraqi people have those feelings YOU think they have, AFTER our troops pull out of Iraqi, and things start to go back to the way it was before our LIBERATION force showed up.

What say we have this conversation in a couple of years?
    okay, no problem, if i live until then, i promise i will be here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I will say that some of what Abso writes is contradictory but don't we all do the same thing. I really have to question the fact that not one but 2 or 3 mod are jumping on the bandwagon here to rip him apart!!

I for one believe that he is a nice person but we have to understand that the Imans will always place their religion above everything else and tell their followers what they should believe. This being said he is still young and doing what his religious leaders tell him.

Islam is not set up the same way as most other religions!!
    Mods are allowed to interact. I for one have rarely 'jumped' on Abso, mostly reacted to what he's written.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I also want to reiterate this point...

Some started by telling Kathianne what she wrote was not "fair". Now Nukeman thinks it is wrong that some "mods" ganged up on him (abso) in this thread.

Forget for a minute whether you agree/disagree that abso supports terrorism. One thing that IS NOT in doubt, is what he wrote several times in that same thread:

American Troops in Iraq had no right to invade the country in the first place, WMD wasnt found at all, the whole war is illegal according to the international law, american troops there is an occupation force, so i support attacking them.

Same here, American troops is occupation force, and i support attacking them.
    But it's wrong or "unfair" if it's pointed out to abso that the muslim man he posted about he apparently supports attacks against? It's wrong of me to point out that he supports American troops getting attacked in ANY fashion?

I'm baffled as to why WHAT we wrote is wrong, or WHY we shouldn't be able to express our feelings about his words because we are moderators?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I also want to reiterate this point...

Some started by telling Kathianne what she wrote was not "fair". Now Nukeman thinks it is wrong that some "mods" ganged up on him (abso) in this thread.

Forget for a minute whether you agree/disagree that abso supports terrorism. One thing that IS NOT in doubt, is what he wrote several times in that same thread:

But it's wrong or "unfair" if it's pointed out to abso that the muslim man he posted about he apparently supports attacks against? It's wrong of me to point out that he supports American troops getting attacked in ANY fashion?

I'm baffled as to why WHAT we wrote is wrong, or WHY we shouldn't be able to express our feelings about his words because we are moderators?
    Dude seriously what I said was taken out of context/meaning I could have been more clear!! ... My point was NEVER to state that you and the other mods have no opinion!!! I have been on this board since the beginning and I rarely say things like this. I feel he was taken out of context and there are some on here who are like a dog with a bone.

The mods should be there to moderate and keep things from escalating into attacks that is all I was attempting to point out!!

I think what has happened is that we are confusing him with the difference of an "invited" force and a "invading" force.

I know what he stated and he has attempted to clarify that with an invading force and not all troops!!

I will be the first to say I think Islam has MORE than its share of lunatics and violent adherents but we must also remember that to Abso English is a second language and things do get confused in translation!!

Just saying, and if I offended you or any of the mods I do apologize!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Dude seriously what I said was taken out of context/meaning I could have been more clear!! ... My point was NEVER to state that you and the other mods have no opinion!!! I have been on this board since the beginning and I rarely say things like this. I feel he was taken out of context and there are some on here who are like a dog with a bone.

The mods should be there to moderate and keep things from escalating into attacks that is all I was attempting to point out!!

I think what has happened is that we are confusing him with the difference of an "invited" force and a "invading" force.

I know what he stated and he has attempted to clarify that with an invading force and not all troops!!

I will be the first to say I think Islam has MORE than its share of lunatics and violent adherents but we must also remember that to Abso English is a second language and things do get confused in translation!!

I'm generally the first to admit if I abuse my power or do/say something not in the best interest of the board. But when it comes to "supporting" those who attack our troops, I draw the line there.

I really don't see where he attempted to clarify anything, other than to say he didn't mean terrorists.

But he has repeatedly referred to the US Troops as an "occupying force" and has stated he supported the attack of these troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Take the terror angle off the table and we are left with a Muslim stating he supports are troops being attacked. He stated it 2x no less, and then the third time is where he inferred he supported terror attacks against the troops.

Doesn't matter if WE see ourselves as an invited or invaded, abso made it very clear in MANY threads that:

1- He sees the war as internationally illegal
    2- The US is an occupying force in both Iraq and Afghanistan
    3- He supports attacks against those troops

No matter how you slice it or dice it - I cannot get on board or let #3 pass on by. Not even once. If you support others attacking our troops, then you are my enemy.

No need for an apology, none at all. I'm sure others see it differently too. But I cannot make it any more clear when I post where he has stated he supported our troops getting attacked - and 3x in just the past few days!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Give me a freakin break. His English is good enough to say he supports attacking US troops. Piss on whether he used an adverb when he should have used an adjective. He has CLEARLY gotten his point across without any confusion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTDASH View Post
    Give me a freakin break. His English is good enough to say he supports attacking US troops. Piss on whether he used an adverb when he should have used an adjective. He has CLEARLY gotten his point across without any confusion.
    nope, my english isnt that good enough, after all i am egyptian, we dont get good education, arent we just some bearded terrorists, how can my english be that good as you say, i dont even understand whats an adverb and whats an adjective