Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default normally I cant stand her but I think she is right on this one

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

what is it?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its about how some in america are telling anti gay, that gays can change b.s.

I have no problem with those who think gay is wrong, but some are telling very hateful people that gays are a problem or other bad things

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

homosexuality is a behaviour, and thus, can be changed like any-other behaviour. That's not hate.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

but your talking about sexuality.

how do you change hard wiring?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Thing is, you are assuming sexuality is forced upon folks.

What if I told you I am hard-wired to love money, thus I should be allowed to rob banks?

I'm hard-wired to love sweets - in fact, I'd argue MOST humans are.

Behavior vs Preference.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good points I admit.

Sexual preferences.

but how do you change what the prefences are?

could you really change liking chocolate for brocoli and is it the same thing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Thing is, you are assuming sexuality is forced upon folks.

What if I told you I am hard-wired to love money, thus I should be allowed to rob banks?

I'm hard-wired to love sweets - in fact, I'd argue MOST humans are.

Behavior vs Preference.
    I think quite the opposite, dmp. It is you that is assuming sexuality is being forced upon folks as in homosexuals destroying our country by converting people like you and others with questions about your own sexuality.

I think homo's are born that way. They are found all over nature and certainly I have never heard of one that was suddenly converted. You is or you ain't as the adage goes.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

homosexuality is a behaviour, and thus, can be changed like any-other behaviour. That's not hate.
    No, it's a feeling. It's the feeling of attraction toward a member of the same sex.

You can be homosexual while doing nothing at all. It's not a behavior.

Where it comes from, or what causes it, is debatable.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    No, it's a feeling. It's the feeling of attraction toward a member of the same sex.

Thank you, la. What you say is the very best way to describe, as I understand it to be, homosexuality. But, you knew I'd have a "but", I had a good friend when I was about 9 or 10 years old. She would do anything us boys liked to do and many times do it better. Even at that young age little girls would sometimes show interest other than casual in little boys. Other than her habit of passing out Valentines only to girls we never thought much about. She was just a good ol' girl in our estimations. Many years later I ran into her again. She was clearly an old time embittered dyke. She felt as if life had dealt her a bad hand and she couldn't change it. She even cried on my shoulder a bit.

I asked her about our younger years and her propensities to play mostly with the boys or rough house girls and give valentines only to girls. She said that she knew for as far back as she could remember, before even entering 1st grade that she had an unusual attraction to certain females. And that she felt zero sexual attraction to any boy or man. I liked her then and I still like her. We stay in contact every year or so and I wish her the very best but I don't have a clue how to cure her homosexuality. I do know she has tried everything known to mankind trying to find that miracle.

Psychoblues

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

You're speculating. Homosexuality is as homosexuality does - just as bank robbers are as bank robbers do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Thank you, la. What you say is the very best way to describe, as I understand it to be, homosexuality. But, you knew I'd have a "but", I had a good friend when I was about 9 or 10 years old. She would do anything us boys liked to do and many times do it better. Even at that young age little girls would sometimes show interest other than casual in little boys. Other than her habit of passing out Valentines only to girls we never thought much about. She was just a good ol' girl in our estimations. Many years later I ran into her again. She was clearly an old time embittered dyke. She felt as if life had dealt her a bad hand and she couldn't change it. She even cried on my shoulder a bit.

I asked her about our younger years and her propensities to play mostly with the boys or rough house girls and give valentines only to girls. She said that she knew for as far back as she could remember, before even entering 1st grade that she had an unusual attraction to certain females. And that she felt zero sexual attraction to any boy or man. I liked her then and I still like her. We stay in contact every year or so and I wish her the very best but I don't have a clue how to cure her homosexuality. I do know she has tried everything known to mankind trying to find that miracle.

Psychoblues
    She felt sexual attraction before first grade?! Then I suspect there was sexual abuse in her household. Which is often the case for people who get confused later on.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

So, you're saying that I, as a heterosexual man with no attraction to other men, can change and become gay by way of a behavioural change?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What I wonder, when this subject comes up, is why do so many gay's not like their life style?

Is it because of all the negativity that comes their way, or is it a self perception problem, or BOTH?

I don't have any answers, but as an observer, gays sure don't seem like a bunch of happy campers.
    If ya can't prove it, don't say it.
    Bikes, babes, and beer, it don't get no better than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trobinett View Post
    What I wonder, when this subject comes up, is why do so many gay's not like their life style?

Is it because of all the negativity that comes their way, or is it a self perception problem, or BOTH?

I don't have any answers, but as an observer, gays sure don't seem like a bunch of happy campers.
    IF that's correct then why would they choose to engage in a behavior that brings about pain and suffering?