Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    you forgot "must be in the same species" and "both parties must be of age"
    Trufax.

(which then puts gay people marrying in the same box as people marrying other species or profuse people not of age)
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Trufax.

(which then puts gay people marrying in the same box as people marrying other species or profuse people not of age)
    yep
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    yep
    Mkay, let's play a game, anyone can join in.

Your Son comes to your house one day, say, 25 years old, and says 'Mum, Dad, I a) am gay b) am a pedophile c) have sex with animals.
    Which of the three options would you rather. Or are they all the same in your eyes?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Your Son comes to your house one day, say, 25 years old, and says 'Mum, Dad, I a) am gay b) am a pedophile c) have sex with animals.
    Which of the three options would you rather. Or are they all the same in your eyes?
    They are all the same in my eyes.

Game over.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

They are all the same in my eyes.

Game over.
    Oh, well, wow, it takes a real twisted mind to be able to twist that together, but whatever ticks your clock.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Oh, well, wow, it takes a real twisted mind to be able to twist that together, but whatever ticks your clock.
    Nothing twisted in my mind. They are all unnatural acts. The twisted ones are those that allow such acts and condone them. I have no religious convictions so don't bother going there.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Nothing twisted in my mind. They are all unnatural acts. The twisted ones are those that allow such acts and condone them. I have no religious convictions so don't bother going there.
    Oh, unnatural acts?
    Can you please define a natural act, because, tbh if you are going to have nature as your guideline then youd believe that once girls start releasing eggs they are ready for sex, as nature has decided they are.

In which case what is wrong with the 'natral act' of a 25 year old having sex with a egg releasing 12 year old?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

If it were my son?

a) - I would be more than happy to pay for the intensive psychiatric therapy he needs. (My son is now 10, and we have already discussed the issue and HE stated to me that it is wrong and HE cannot understand why people are like that)

b) - If I had evidence of him being a pedophile I would call the cops, have him arrested for his crimes & then help him get the appropriate help after he pays his debt to society.

c) - If I had evidence of him having sex with animals, he would be "persona non grata" with me until that sick act was out of his life and he has somehow repented for his actions.

Which would I "rather"? NONE! As a parent, we would see them all as a sickness, be disheartened that our son was sick, but be realistic and get him the appropriate help.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    If it were my son?

a) - I would be more than happy to pay for the intensive psychiatric therapy he needs. (My son is now 10, and we have already discussed the issue and HE stated to me that it is wrong and HE cannot understand why people are like that)

b) - If I had evidence of him being a pedophile I would call the cops, have him arrested for his crimes & then help him get the appropriate help after he pays his debt to society.

c) - If I had evidence of him having sex with animals, he would be "persona non grata" with me until that sick act was out of his life and he has somehow repented for his actions.

Which would I "rather"? NONE! As a parent, we would see them all as a sickness, be disheartened that our son was sick, but be realistic and get him the appropriate help.
    You also believe it's behavioral rather than biological I guess,

If I can ask, would there be any heterosexual acts youd pay for your son to be corrected from? Like, say he had a foot fetish, or get couldn't get off unless his patner was dressed as a furry? Or some other such oddity?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You also believe it's behavioral rather than biological I guess,

If I can ask, would there be any heterosexual acts youd pay for your son to be corrected from? Like, say he had a foot fetish, or get couldn't get off unless his patner was dressed as a furry? Or some other such oddity?
    Well, first off, lets take the pedophilia and sex with animals off the table - as both of those are illegal acts in the US. No parent should condone/support illegal actions from their children.

I believe homosexuality is a sickness, and a learned sickness through behavior and/or environment. Not for a split second do I believe queers are born that way. My belief is that's an excuse to make them feel better about their decisions.

If my son had a "sexual dysfunction", of course I would help him pay to seek therapy or whatever it was that could help with his dysfunction. But his dysfunction would neither be illegal or a "sickness" that would REQUIRE intensive therapy.

BTW - You say I "think" its behavioral and not biological... I'm confident that with the thousands and thousands and thousands of doctors and scientists in the world, they would have found SOME evidence that homosexuality was biological. I find it odd that NOTHING has ever been found to support that argument.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

(not directed specifically at you, Noir!)

Why is it that those in support of homosexuality tend to disappear from threads that bring up the topic of "born that way" or "biological" when you ask for scientific or medical evidence? While Noir has brought that up here, there is a long history of similar on this board and many others I belong to.

Almost every other "condition" I can think of that people claim to be "born with" is backed up scientifically, 'cept for queerism.