Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Mkay, can't you provide counter sources to discredit the info presented or did you just make that judgement yourself?
    I made that judgment myself. I'm not interested in researching anything about queers.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I made that judgment myself. I'm not interested in researching anything about queers.

Reminds me of a quote by Richard Dawkins one 'what is science' when he said "Science replaces private prejudice with publicly verifiable evidence"
    If you want to live in your ignorance fair enough, but that doesn't say much for you, just saying.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Mkay, let's play a game, anyone can join in.

Your Son comes to your house one day, say, 25 years old, and says 'Mum, Dad, I a) am gay b) am a pedophile c) have sex with animals.
    Which of the three options would you rather. Or are they all the same in your eyes?
    If it were my son?

a) - I would be more than happy to pay for the intensive psychiatric therapy he needs. (My son is now 10, and we have already discussed the issue and HE stated to me that it is wrong and HE cannot understand why people are like that)

b) - If I had evidence of him being a pedophile I would call the cops, have him arrested for his crimes & then help him get the appropriate help after he pays his debt to society.

c) - If I had evidence of him having sex with animals, he would be "persona non grata" with me until that sick act was out of his life and he has somehow repented for his actions.

Which would I "rather"? NONE! As a parent, we would see them all as a sickness, be disheartened that our son was sick, but be realistic and get him the appropriate help.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    If it were my son?

a) - I would be more than happy to pay for the intensive psychiatric therapy he needs. (My son is now 10, and we have already discussed the issue and HE stated to me that it is wrong and HE cannot understand why people are like that)

b) - If I had evidence of him being a pedophile I would call the cops, have him arrested for his crimes & then help him get the appropriate help after he pays his debt to society.

c) - If I had evidence of him having sex with animals, he would be "persona non grata" with me until that sick act was out of his life and he has somehow repented for his actions.

Which would I "rather"? NONE! As a parent, we would see them all as a sickness, be disheartened that our son was sick, but be realistic and get him the appropriate help.
    You also believe it's behavioral rather than biological I guess,

If I can ask, would there be any heterosexual acts youd pay for your son to be corrected from? Like, say he had a foot fetish, or get couldn't get off unless his patner was dressed as a furry? Or some other such oddity?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You also believe it's behavioral rather than biological I guess,

If I can ask, would there be any heterosexual acts youd pay for your son to be corrected from? Like, say he had a foot fetish, or get couldn't get off unless his patner was dressed as a furry? Or some other such oddity?
    Well, first off, lets take the pedophilia and sex with animals off the table - as both of those are illegal acts in the US. No parent should condone/support illegal actions from their children.

I believe homosexuality is a sickness, and a learned sickness through behavior and/or environment. Not for a split second do I believe queers are born that way. My belief is that's an excuse to make them feel better about their decisions.

If my son had a "sexual dysfunction", of course I would help him pay to seek therapy or whatever it was that could help with his dysfunction. But his dysfunction would neither be illegal or a "sickness" that would REQUIRE intensive therapy.

BTW - You say I "think" its behavioral and not biological... I'm confident that with the thousands and thousands and thousands of doctors and scientists in the world, they would have found SOME evidence that homosexuality was biological. I find it odd that NOTHING has ever been found to support that argument.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

(not directed specifically at you, Noir!)

Why is it that those in support of homosexuality tend to disappear from threads that bring up the topic of "born that way" or "biological" when you ask for scientific or medical evidence? While Noir has brought that up here, there is a long history of similar on this board and many others I belong to.

Almost every other "condition" I can think of that people claim to be "born with" is backed up scientifically, 'cept for queerism.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Why is it that those in support of homosexuality tend to disappear from threads that bring up the topic of "born that way" or "biological" when you ask for scientific or medical evidence? While Noir has brought that up here, there is a long history of similar on this board and many others I belong to.

Almost every other "condition" I can think of that people claim to be "born with" is backed up scientifically, 'cept for queerism.
    One question I ask of people who think it can be altered with psychology treatment? (I dont think I've asked it here before) is could I be turned gay with the right psychological treatment? Seems only senseable if ghats what someone believes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

One question I ask of people who think it can be altered with psychology treatment? (I dont think I've asked it here before) is could I be turned gay with the right psychological treatment? Seems only senseable if ghats what someone believes.
    I would imagine that if you went under intensive therapy by a whackjob, and his therapy was to "teach" you that being heterosexual was deviant and that being queer was normal and how you would find peace and happiness in this world - yes, I think it's possible. Possible with everyone? No. But just like other ailments and diseases, some can be cured and some cannot.

Until such time that PROOF is found that it's not an ailment and simply a biological gene or whatever they want to call it - it's nearly impossibly but to believe it is learned behavior of some sort. As the old saying goes - "We can land a man on the moon and cure forms of cancer - but not a single person can find any proof of homosexuals "being born" that way".

Noir, do you think maybe there's a concerted effort throughout the scientific and medical fields to cover up information proving what the homos believe? With ZILCH as proof, why would you think they are born this way?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We don't know which gene screwed up and caused a baby to be born blind, so obviously it is choosing not to see.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    We don't know which gene screwed up and caused a baby to be born blind, so obviously it is choosing not to see.
    Show me JUST ONE incident where a human being was/is born blind and the doctors/scientists cannot tell them or their parents why. JUST ONE.

As MFM liked to say - "I'll wait".

** Edit **

Here's a starting point for you:

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...s=0&fr2=rs-top

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Show me JUST ONE incident where a human being was/is born blind and the doctors/scientists cannot tell them or their parents why. JUST ONE.

As MFM liked to say - "I'll wait".

** Edit **

Here's a starting point for you:

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...s=0&fr2=rs-top
    Here's an ending point for you:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/birthdefects.html

For most birth defects, the cause is unknown.
    And yet they exist.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Here's an ending point for you:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/birthdefects.html

And yet they exist.
    Wrong, and not what I asked for. In those cases they know exactly what the defect is and where - they just don't know HOW they got the defect. In the case of queers, there is no known "defect" or "gene" or ANYTHING biological.

And back to your original point, if a baby is born blind, they will know WHY, they just might not know how the defect came to be. In other words, the biological aspect of the defect they are born with is known.

Feel free to try again though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wrong, and not what I asked for. In those cases they know exactly what the defect is and where - they just don't know HOW they got the defect. In the case of queers, there is no known "defect" or "gene" or ANYTHING biological.

And back to your original point, if a baby is born blind, they will know WHY, they just might not know how the defect came to be. In other words, the biological aspect of the defect they are born with is known.

Feel free to try again though.
    It takes a special type of logic to conclude that being sexually attracted to the same gender is NOT a defect.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It takes a special type of logic to conclude that being sexually attracted to the same gender is NOT a defect.
    Some would say the same about drug addicts, alcoholics, murderers... Seems like they are "defective", but they sure as shit weren't born that way, they learned their behaviors and acted on impulse.

Again, and open to EVERYONE, I'd be happy to see the proof that any of the thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of doctors and scientists have come up with to show that queers are "born that way". If its a defect as you say, MM, then surely this defect can be identified. That's logic 101.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Until such time that PROOF is found that it's not an ailment and simply a biological gene or whatever they want to call it - it's nearly impossibly but to believe it is learned behavior of some sort.
    That's where your logic breaks down. Do you have any control over who you're attracted to? Of course not.

That doesn't necessarily mean you were born to become attracted to certain types of people, but it definitely shows that it's not "learned" behavior.
    All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson