Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default The Dayton Police Department is lowering its testing standards for recruits

I saw this article and it made me think of the Lib's here. They've got to love this legislation. Its right in their wheelhouse of dumbing-down America!

It's a move required by the U.S. Department of Justice after it says not enough African-Americans passed the exam.

Dayton is in desperate need of officers to replace dozens of retirees. The hiring process was postponed for months because the D.O.J. rejected the original scores provided by the Dayton Civil Service Board, which administers the test.

Under the previous requirements, candidates had to get a 66% on part one of the exam and a 72% on part two.

The D.O.J. approved new scoring policy only requires potential police officers to get a 58% and a 63%. That's the equivalent of an ‘F’ and a ‘D’.
    snip

“The NAACP does not support individuals failing a test and then having the opportunity to be gainfully employed,” agreed Dayton NAACP President Derrick Foward.
    snip

“If you lower the score for any group of people, you're not getting the best qualified people for the job,” Foward said.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I read that a few days ago. I did like that the NAACP is against lowering the scores.

It's pathetic that they want officers who aren't passing the test. Personally I think the previous scores were too low, they were the equivalent of a D and C-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Those are the scores necessary for blacks. If your white you have to have 80% or better to be considered. Cincinnati use to require whites get a 98% or better to get an interview. While blacks needed 66%. At one point it was as low as 40%. Affirmative actions sucks in so many ways you can't count them. You end up with a lot of dumb, racist, criminals as cops.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad I don't live in Dayton.

This is the Obama administration folks. What do they care if the POLICE are qualified or not. They don't HAVE to live there.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You'll see more of this in other cities soon. The dark lord is putting more of his goons in place. these affirmative action types are gullible, ignorant and in many cases criminals. I worked with them before. Nothing good will come of it.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Keystone Cops...Live!
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Those are the scores necessary for blacks. If your white you have to have 80% or better to be considered. Cincinnati use to require whites get a 98% or better to get an interview. While blacks needed 66%. At one point it was as low as 40%. Affirmative actions sucks in so many ways you can't count them. You end up with a lot of dumb, racist, criminals as cops.
    nothing like ignorant cops when you building a police state.

but that's just crazy,
    you say they used to, so they've change that policy now ... I hope.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-16-2011 at 07:06 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    nothing like ignorant cops when you building a police state.

but that's just crazy,
    you say they used to, so they've change that policy now ... I hope.
    I don't know as I haven't been involved with looking at the police jobs in this area in a long time. In cincy it involved the police and fire dept. Dayton is just lowering an already lower minority score. They will be waiving criminal records soon too.

I have known and worked with many affirmative action hires, and NONE were worth a shit. Some were honest good guys but dumb as a stack of bricks, others were just criminals.