Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I live close enough to the West Village in NYC, which is queer central, could be there in about 20-30mins tops. If I "hated" them that much I would just go there and beat a few of them up.
    Why would you do that? You could go to jail for that.

Can you articulate how I have an irrational fear of queers? Disagreeing with abnormal activity doesn't mean I fear them.
    Wanting everyone to be "normal" does make you a Communist though.
    Are you really going to imply people are gay because they don't agree with the actions of queers, or them being allowed to marry?
    Science says that homophobia is linked to homosexual arousal.

http://www.philosophy-religion.org/h...homophobia.htm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvRPgrl View Post

Isnt it possible to oppose homo marriage for reasons other than hating them?
    Not really. How anyone could oppose the children of homosexuals having two married parents and not hate homosexuals is hard for me to comprehend.

Its also possible to oppose it out of fear and/or ignorance I suppose.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    And those that hate Al Qeada are Al Qeada
    those that hate Jews are Jews
    those that hate Jerry Lewis are Jerry Lewis..
    Haven't seen any scientific evidence of that.

But speaking of Al Qaeda - interesting how they profess to hate adultery and fornication but don't mind going out to strip clubs before they kill themselves for Allah, huh?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I had a guy that I was in elementary school, junior high and then high school with. We hung around here and there after HS but lost touch. I kinda always suspected, but since he never made a pass at me or did stuff in front of me, I treated him as any other friend. Then we got in touch again when we were like 23. We went to some bars here and there and that's when I really noticed he had no desire in women and I kind of felt like he was trying to be too friendly with me. He took me to show me his new apartment one night, which turned out to be the basement of someones house. He showed me his bedroom and it was fitted for him and his "friend" who just happened to be another guy, but there was only one bed. I remember the weird feeling I got, felt sorta sick & couldn't get out of there quick enough!
    Yep. Homophobe. When normal heterosexuals feel like a homosexual is coming onto them, they use these things called "words" to express themselves and simply say something like "sorry dude, you may have gotten the wrong idea, I like girls and only girls"

He was just arrested with a friend of his for molesting a child. They did mandatory testing and he was HIV+. That was the last I ever heard of anything about him.
    Dude all gays molest children and have HIV, didn't you get the memo?

Funny how a place like Baton Rouge Louisiana - not exactly the gay mecca of the world - has the 2nd highest rate of HIV in the nation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanTUba View Post
    Why would you do that? You could go to jail for that.
    Didn't say I wanted to, if you read correctly. But I imagine you're just trolling now.

Wanting everyone to be "normal" does make you a Communist though.
    Ummm... Ok, as opposed to wanting people to be abnormal. Again, I believe you're just trolling.

Science says that homophobia is linked to homosexual arousal.

http://www.philosophy-religion.org/h...homophobia.htm
    Again, trolling, unless of course you want to take a shot at showing those of us against gay marriage and queers to have an "irrational fear".
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yep. Homophobe. When normal heterosexuals feel like a homosexual is coming onto them, they use these things called "words" to express themselves and simply say something like "sorry dude, you may have gotten the wrong idea, I like girls and only girls"
    Again, trolling. He never actually hit on me, or he would have received a few words and a punch in the mouth.

Dude all gays molest children and have HIV, didn't you get the memo?
    Trolling?

Funny how a place like Baton Rouge Louisiana - not exactly the gay mecca of the world - has the 2nd highest rate of HIV in the nation.
    And you're stating this, why? WTF does it have to do with my friend who contracted HIV? Oh, never mind, you were trolling again.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Okay, Spidey, everything after this post is pretty much pure crap, and I say this being in agreement that the poll is a good thing. Stop hurting the cause you're espousing, and let the grown ups talk.

Normalcy is determined by the majority of society. Hence why dueling was considered the norm for centuries, but would now be considered abnormal, if not met with outright horror. In fact, in the 1600s, it was the norm to kill all the Christians in a township you owned who did not follow your particular form of Christianity.

As to gays, they harm no one but themselves, possibly. My dad is gay, and he's helped thousands through his work with AA. In fact, now that he's retired, he's looking to go on the talking circuit. He also helps with Veteran counseling, seeing as how he was a marine back in Vietnam. Trying to "act straight" was a huge part of his drinking. He doesn't have a limp wrist, or talk any higher, or anything else. You'd have to ask him, or catch him on a date to figure it out.

I do get some of the hate, though. It's not even so much the fact of what they do, really, but there are gay men and women who are rubbing it in the faces of people. That's going to piss off anyone after a while. We'll take a member of my gaming group. He makes mention of the fact that he's gay something in the vicinity of 5 times a night when we game. It gets damned annoying, it's not like we forgot since the week before or anything.

The true aim of people seeking real equality are basically just looking for the ability to be left alone about it, to be able to be who they are without any fanfare and such. This is much the same way my dad views: If it gets to actual acceptance, then people stop talking about it, much like we don't talk much about heterosexual sex all that often. It simply occurs, and everyone pretty much minds their own business.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Okay, Spidey, everything after this post is pretty much pure crap, and I say this being in agreement that the poll is a good thing. Stop hurting the cause you're espousing, and let the grown ups talk.

Normalcy is determined by the majority of society. Hence why dueling was considered the norm for centuries, but would now be considered abnormal, if not met with outright horror. In fact, in the 1600s, it was the norm to kill all the Christians in a township you owned who did not follow your particular form of Christianity.

As to gays, they harm no one but themselves, possibly. My dad is gay, and he's helped thousands through his work with AA. In fact, now that he's retired, he's looking to go on the talking circuit. He also helps with Veteran counseling, seeing as how he was a marine back in Vietnam. Trying to "act straight" was a huge part of his drinking. He doesn't have a limp wrist, or talk any higher, or anything else. You'd have to ask him, or catch him on a date to figure it out.

I do get some of the hate, though. It's not even so much the fact of what they do, really, but there are gay men and women who are rubbing it in the faces of people. That's going to piss off anyone after a while. We'll take a member of my gaming group. He makes mention of the fact that he's gay something in the vicinity of 5 times a night when we game. It gets damned annoying, it's not like we forgot since the week before or anything.

The true aim of people seeking real equality are basically just looking for the ability to be left alone about it, to be able to be who they are without any fanfare and such. This is much the same way my dad views: If it gets to actual acceptance, then people stop talking about it, much like we don't talk much about heterosexual sex all that often. It simply occurs, and everyone pretty much minds their own business.
    Ya know, being 100% at the other end of the spectrum on this topic, I just wanted to say that this was an excellent post. I can actually respect your POV on the topic based on this post. I've debate this topic for many, many years now - and your post has been the best I have read. Honestly, it won't change my stance, but I thought it would be nice to point out a good post, for once, even if we don't agree.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ya know, being 100% at the other end of the spectrum on this topic, I just wanted to say that this was an excellent post. I can actually respect your POV on the topic based on this post. I've debate this topic for many, many years now - and your post has been the best I have read. Honestly, it won't change my stance, but I thought it would be nice to point out a good post, for once, even if we don't agree.
    Well, see? That's the thing, is we don't have to agree, as long we can co-exist. It's like Einstein said, “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.”

If I attempt to force a change in your mind, then you'll just dig in, same as I would roles reversed. It's just human nature, and this is what posters such as Gabs and Spidey don't get at all. You cannot force acceptance.

For instance, it wasn't the forced integration of schools that brought about the great strides in race relations. It was speakers like Martin Luther King, Jr. who brought a message of peace. He didn't try to cram it down your throat. He told you what his goal was, and let you come around in your own time. There's a millions of smaller examples of this, and that's what made for the honestly great stories of the time.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Those that hate republicans Are republicans...

Those that hate conservatives are conservatives...

Those hate religion Are Religion...

Those that hate tofu are Tofu...
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Those that hate republicans Are republicans...

Those that hate conservatives are conservatives...

Those hate religion Are Religion...

Those that hate tofu are Tofu...
    See, that the argument against anti-homosexuality I never got. I mean, okay there are examples where that's true, but it is by no means the majority of people who have a problem with homosexuality. By marginalizing how they feel about it, the people making the argument are only increasing the anger that others feel, like their feelings can't possibly be legitimate.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, first you say this:
    "Wanting everyone to be "normal" does make you a Communist though."

Then you say this"
    So, its ok for you to expect normal behavior out of Jimnyc, or else he is a homophobe, but if he expects normal behavior out of others, he is a commie.

U gotta love it, damned if you do, damned if you dont
    I DONT CLAIM TO KN0OW ANYTHING ABOUT HUMAN NATURE
    N
    OIR DO I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CRITICAL THINKING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Most homophobes are.
    "Homophobe" (n): A term invented by homosexual advocates as a propaganda tool, in an attempt to pretend that a natural dislike of homosexual relations somehow inexplicably involves fear.
    Last edited by Little-Acorn; 05-25-2011 at 12:06 PM.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Homo means same, sexual is self explanitory and Phobia means fear.

It was not made up by any political advocate

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    Homo means same, sexual is self explanitory and Phobia means fear.

It was not made up by any political advocate
    Maybe not - but 99.99% of the time it's used incorrectly as the person who disagrees with homosexuality or gay marriage does not have any type of fear of these people.