Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    IMO, no. But even with that answer, I'd still restrict abortions to the 1st trimester with exceptions for mother's health and catastrophic defect.
    Why?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IOW, you don't deny that you made ANOTHER false accusation against me.
    Yawn..... I said the events occuring during the pregnancy are all vague, inconsistent, etc. etc. with no clear demarcation line. Again, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN,WHAT OCCURS AT THE END OF THE FIRST TRI MESTER THAT MAKES YOU BELIEVE IT SUDDENLY IS A HUMAN BEING, AND/OR WORTH SAVING?

Yawn.....
    Last edited by LuvRPgrl; 06-16-2011 at 05:18 PM.
    I DONT CLAIM TO KN0OW ANYTHING ABOUT HUMAN NATURE
    N
    OIR DO I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CRITICAL THINKING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvRPgrl View Post
    Yawn..... I said the events occuring during the pregnancy are all vague, inconsistent, etc. etc. with no clear demarcation line. Again, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN,WHAT OCCURS AT THE END OF THE FIRST TRI MESTER THAT MAKES YOU BELIEVE IT SUDDENLY IS A HUMAN BEING, AND/OR WORTH SAVING?

Yawn.....
    So if I again state that the first trimester is hardly vague, are you going to accuse me of putting words in your mouth AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN,?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So if I again state that the first trimester is hardly vague, are you going to accuse me of putting words in your mouth AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN,?
    IT wont be answering the question at hand. What occurs.....
    N

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IT wont be answering the question at hand. What occurs.....
    The first trimester is hardly vague.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The first trimester is hardly vague.
    What changes between the night of the last day of the first trimester and the morning of the first day of the second?

Why can't you answer the question?

Because your position is based on faith and grounded in the religion or abortionist, making reason something for you to fear.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J.T View Post
    What changes between the night of the last day of the first trimester and the morning of the first day of the second?

Why can't you answer the question?

Because your position is based on faith and grounded in the religion or abortionist, making reason something for you to fear.
    I've answered this question at least once in this thread.

And you've yet to answer mine.
    Last edited by Missileman; 06-16-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yet more evasion.

Why can't you people ever be honest?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've answered this question at least once in this thread.

And you've yet to answer mine.
    Answer the question, or admit you are wrong
    N

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Choose life - your mother did

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Answer the question, or admit you are wrong
    As I previously stated, I have already answered this question in this thread.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Choose life - your mother did
    In some cases, that was a poor decision at best!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I rarely jump into abortion discussions.

For those of you debating "when life starts", the answer is : At conception.

I realize that there is a time lag in discovering when the female is pregnant and there are a host of other concerns; but no one can dispute that the moment of conception is the beginning of life when the sperm fertilizes the egg - to say anything otherwise is stupid, and you all know it.

Sure, you can debate all you want about quickening, knowledge of the pregnancy, whether it's legal, safe, financially prudent, or if the mother feels like being pregant - the fact remains that life starts at the moment of conception and anyone claiming otherwise is a fool.

I posted the following in 2003 on USMB back in the day. Today, my son is a 14 year old boy that looks exactly like I did at his age, he has his learner's permit, girls that are fawning all over him, and makes mistakes like we all did at that awkward age. I wouldn't trade him for the world, and there were medical professionals almost demanding that we kill him prior to his birth due to inadequate medical training.

Here is what I posted in 2003 :

My personal opinion formed when Misty became pregnant with Ricky back in '96.

We went in for an ultrasound, and the tech was cheerful and bubbly. Then suddenly she got real quiet & I could see she was disturbed... she kept focusing the screen on Ricky's head, but wouldn't answer me when I asked her what was wrong. Then she got up, told us to stay there, and left.

After a few minutes, a doctor came in, and they looked & took pictures of the ultrasound. They flat out wouldn't tell me what was up.

About a week later, they called us back in. The doc sat us down and explained that the baby had some sort of hideous genetic disorder and would be severely retarded, have massive defects, would be in constant agony, etc.. they could tell this by looking at the cysts in the brain. I forget the term for this, but it's flat out scary shit. Neither of us have any relatives that have problems that we know of, and he was puzzled about that. Anyway, the doc said that the best thing to do was abort the pregnancy. I immediately shook my head, and that fucker put his hand up to me and told me I had nothing to say about it! Misty said no, too. He described how it was going to be for him, and it was truly frightening.

Anyway, we agreed we'd come back in for another ultrasound in 3 weeks.

We came back again, and there was another woman doing the ultrasound. She was bubbly & excited to see him moving around, and finally I asked her about the cysts in his brain. She gave me a puzzled look and focused in on the brain - there wasn't anything there! I was dumbfounded. I asked her what happened to the terrible genetic deformation, and she had no idea what I was talking about, so I explained what happened on our last trip in.

She got kinda pissed, and explained that technology is moving so fast these days, they're seeing things that they've never seen before, so they don't know how to interpret what they're seeing! She assured us he was perfectly normal.

Now when I look at Ricky, who is a perfect little boy & my pride and joy, I shudder at what almost happened to him before he ever had a chance to experience life.

That's what I wrote in 2003.

I had about 12 posts quoted in this thread alone that I wanted to respond to, but just decided to post this instead.

MM, I think you have some great notions, but you are dead wrong on this. I think this is due to your atheist beliefs.

We all have souls; we all have a purpose. Whether that is reproducing someone down the line that has an important role in events or a direct role with our actions / reactions is impossible to say.

Consider this : Where would we be if Michelangelo or Einstein or Khan or Ford or Wright or Tesla or a multitude of other influential people had been aborted?

Surely you can agree that the world would be a very different place had they all been aborted.

It is not our right to kill our babies; I really can't believe that any civilized human would dispute this.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I rarely jump into abortion discussions.

For those of you debating "when life starts", the answer is : At conception.

I realize that there is a time lag in discovering when the female is pregnant and there are a host of other concerns; but no one can dispute that the moment of conception is the beginning of life when the sperm fertilizes the egg - to say anything otherwise is stupid, and you all know it.

Sure, you can debate all you want about quickening, knowledge of the pregnancy, whether it's legal, safe, financially prudent, or if the mother feels like being pregant - the fact remains that life starts at the moment of conception and anyone claiming otherwise is a fool.

I posted the following in 2003 on USMB back in the day. Today, my son is a 14 year old boy that looks exactly like I did at his age, he has his learner's permit, girls that are fawning all over him, and makes mistakes like we all did at that awkward age. I wouldn't trade him for the world, and there were medical professionals almost demanding that we kill him prior to his birth due to inadequate medical training.

Here is what I posted in 2003 :

My personal opinion formed when Misty became pregnant with Ricky back in '96.

We went in for an ultrasound, and the tech was cheerful and bubbly. Then suddenly she got real quiet & I could see she was disturbed... she kept focusing the screen on Ricky's head, but wouldn't answer me when I asked her what was wrong. Then she got up, told us to stay there, and left.

After a few minutes, a doctor came in, and they looked & took pictures of the ultrasound. They flat out wouldn't tell me what was up.

About a week later, they called us back in. The doc sat us down and explained that the baby had some sort of hideous genetic disorder and would be severely retarded, have massive defects, would be in constant agony, etc.. they could tell this by looking at the cysts in the brain. I forget the term for this, but it's flat out scary shit. Neither of us have any relatives that have problems that we know of, and he was puzzled about that. Anyway, the doc said that the best thing to do was abort the pregnancy. I immediately shook my head, and that fucker put his hand up to me and told me I had nothing to say about it! Misty said no, too. He described how it was going to be for him, and it was truly frightening.

Anyway, we agreed we'd come back in for another ultrasound in 3 weeks.

We came back again, and there was another woman doing the ultrasound. She was bubbly & excited to see him moving around, and finally I asked her about the cysts in his brain. She gave me a puzzled look and focused in on the brain - there wasn't anything there! I was dumbfounded. I asked her what happened to the terrible genetic deformation, and she had no idea what I was talking about, so I explained what happened on our last trip in.

She got kinda pissed, and explained that technology is moving so fast these days, they're seeing things that they've never seen before, so they don't know how to interpret what they're seeing! She assured us he was perfectly normal.

Now when I look at Ricky, who is a perfect little boy & my pride and joy, I shudder at what almost happened to him before he ever had a chance to experience life.

That's what I wrote in 2003.

I had about 12 posts quoted in this thread alone that I wanted to respond to, but just decided to post this instead.

MM, I think you have some great notions, but you are dead wrong on this. I think this is due to your atheist beliefs.

We all have souls; we all have a purpose. Whether that is reproducing someone down the line that has an important role in events or a direct role with our actions / reactions is impossible to say.

Consider this : Where would we be if Michelangelo or Einstein or Khan or Ford or Wright or Tesla or a multitude of other influential people had been aborted?

Surely you can agree that the world would be a very different place had they all been aborted.

It is not our right to kill our babies; I really can't believe that any civilized human would dispute this.
    I know my POV is completely different than yours, cuz you experienced that & didn't.
    I'm sure you were so overwhelmed with joy at the good news, that you probably forgot all about the doc.

Buttt,,,,,,,,,,,,had that guy raised his hand to me and said that, and maybe you did, I would have had a SERIOIUS PROBLEM with that and told him to vacate the room immediately. And then, after the good news, right now, I feel like I would have gone back to him and......maybe the dude shouldn't be a doc
    N

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I know my POV is completely different than yours, cuz you experienced that & didn't.
    I'm sure you were so overwhelmed with joy at the good news, that you probably forgot all about the doc.

Buttt,,,,,,,,,,,,had that guy raised his hand to me and said that, and maybe you did, I would have had a SERIOIUS PROBLEM with that and told him to vacate the room immediately. And then, after the good news, right now, I feel like I would have gone back to him and......maybe the dude shouldn't be a doc
    I was reading my post and thinking about how less thorough my posts were back then... there are many gaps in that story.

I called the hospital later and told them my story, and I never heard back from them (which wasn't expected) but I did hear a few years later that the doctor that tried to bully us into aborting Ricky was fired, and my complaint was one of the reasons for doing so.

I was enraged when he put his hand up to me and told me it wasn't my decision to make. The hell it wasn't! As soon as he saw my gut instinct was "NO", he tried to shut me down and convince Misty. When he pulled that, I had no other recourse but to get aggressive, and he left the room right about then.

Incompetent bastard. I'd still love to punch him in the face. Hard.

Both of us agonized over that horrible decision that had been thrust upon us for 3 weeks. Both of us called every member of our families and grilled them, trying to find out where the genetic disorder came from and to get info on it, only to find out later that there was no genetic disorder - only people using new technology and not understanding what it was telling them.

I cringe to think of how many babies were killed due to that doctor's incompetence. My son would have been one of them if I hadn't had a violent gut reaction to protect him - if I hadn't been there, she would have followed his advice to abort.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum