Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Religious Fanaticism: Adolph Hitler

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people."

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

How can people of faith help the fanatics in their ranks? Discuss. How could Hitler have been stopped sooner?

Why did the 19 people mostly of Saudi Arabian origin sacrifice their own lives for the purpose of killing thousands of innocent people on September 11?

Answer: They were fanatics.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

First, Hitler was a liar and a good one. If you believe that Hitler did the things he did because he was being a Christian then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. Second, Hitler was a master at manipulating the public. He often invoked religion in order to sway people to his way of thinking.

His close circle of followers were pagans. Rudolph Hess, his deputy, was involved in the occult. Heinrich Himmler the head of the SS, which was responsible for the Holocaust, was also a pagan. Contrary to popular belief, The "SS" insigna that SS officers wore on their uniforms were not two "S"s but runes. Himmler believed that the runes carried some sort of mystical power. The SS held pagan rituals as part of their iniitiation rites. The swastika, the symbol of the Nazis, was originally a pagan symbol.

I can also tell you that more atrocities were suffered by innocents at the hands of non-religious people, e.g. Communists, than at the hands of religious fanatics. One only has to look at the number of deaths inflicted on the masses because of the Soviets and by Mao Tse Tung and his followers.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't believe any such thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    I don't believe any such thing.
    If you don't believe it, then what was the point of starting the thread?
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    Why did the 19 people mostly of Saudi Arabian origin sacrifice their own lives for the purpose of killing thousands of innocent people on September 11?

Answer: They were fanatics.
    Shall we compare fanaticism. Let's start with christian fanatics. They tend to be judgmental and pray a lot and want the lord to rein down death and destruction on the non-believers. They look down their noses and dream of the day they can sit in heaven and look down in hell on all those that don't believe as they do. The real serious ones will preach to you incessantly.

Now muslim fanatics. They are judgmental and believe they are the executioner of their gods will. They will kill and maim at the slightest affront, even to the point of killing themselves. They don't preach, they threaten.

Now we can look at Bushido and emperor worship as practiced in Japan. It's similar to islam in that dying for the emperor was a free ticket to heaven.

We can go back to the 1800's and the Thugs of India which was a combination of muslim and hindu worshiping kali. They believed you had to commit murder to get into heaven. Strangulation was the preferred method.

Christian fanatics don't worry me at all. They are annoying but harmless. It's the other fanatics you need to be concerned about.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Christian fanatics don't worry me at all. They are annoying but harmless. It's the other fanatics you need to be concerned about.
    Those who have come into contact with Andrea Yates, David Korresh and Timothy McVeigh might disagree with you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Wind Song, sooo those extremist Christians want to kill the Jews, gays and cripples. Like the christian leader Hitler. And start eugenics programs on other people to. you'll clue me in I'm sure.
    So what should we do about those xtremist Christians Wind Song?
    You've got me worried. Jesus should have been stopped from coming back from the dead. Christianity is so evil. It's amazing ANYONE is still alive in this country. There's a Church on almost every corner in some cities. Every president has been a Christian, that's why the U.S. is so evil. Stalin was a Christian, Mao was Christian. I think the earthquake in Haiti said it was a Christian.

Wind Song how do we to Fix this? the Bible is narrow book of no gay sex, hate, rape and Genocide ONLY EVER. That's all it means, If it means Anything. JT agrees.
    It's the cause of all the problems in the world.

I mean, Should we ban it? or what? How can we get these Xtremist in LINE?
    Do we need to gently convert them to New Age thinking? Shun them. Take their children so they don't breed. Put gold stars on the clothes.

Seriously What's your final solution to this horrible Christian problem you keep talking about?
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Fanaticism is a great thing and has no impact on why people do stupid shit. I'm a football fanatic, yet nobody I've read about ever killed anyone because of the travesty that was Superbowl XL.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Those who have come into contact with Andrea Yates, David Korresh and Timothy McVeigh might disagree with you.
    Want to try naming someone who was actually Christian practicing Christianity instead of just grabbing up 3 names of people who claimed they were doing so?

You claim to be intelligent. The truth belies your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Fanaticism is a great thing and has no impact on why people do stupid shit. I'm a football fanatic, yet nobody I've read about ever killed anyone because of the travesty that was Superbowl XL.
    The better team won that game. I can come up with a quick list of far worse travesties in pro football. New England's playoff wins in the 2001 season come to mind right off the bat.

“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    People like this really kill me. Christian fanatics? Somebody bombs an abortion clinic and you're ready to paint with a broad brush. How about people like Ted Kaczynski, the Uni-Bomber? There was a left wing terrorist for you. Or how about the Environmentalist and Animal Rights whackos that have bombed building, damaged property, and so on? Let's not forget that 32 million plus unborn children also have been wiped out and it was considered their mothers' right to choose.

Yes, but baseball fanatics have hurt and killed ! So by the liberals' logic we should ban baseball.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Yes, but baseball fanatics have hurt and killed ! So by the liberals' logic we should ban baseball.
    Ban those lawn darts! Oh wait ....
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The better team won that game. I can come up with a quick list of far worse travesties in pro football. New England's playoff wins in the 2001 season come to mind right off the bat.

Better how? (sigh). NFL Top 10 Botched Calls of all time: #8 Super Bowl XL. You can google it. So, sure, there may be 7 worse botched calls in the history of the league, but no Championship Game in the history of ANY recorded organized sports was a bigger goat-screw than the "officiating" of that game.

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Better how? (sigh). NFL Top 10 Botched Calls of all time: #8 Super Bowl XL. You can google it. So, sure, there may be 7 worse botched calls in the history of the league, but no Championship Game in the history of ANY recorded organized sports was a bigger goat-screw than the "officiating" of that game.

I disagree. For one, I've noticed any " ... of All Time" list always gets younger and younger. Older people die off, and or the younger ones don't know their history. It comes down the same as one of those "Could the 1966 Packers beat the 1976 Steelers?" kind of threads.

The biggest goat screw in officiating history is a matter of conjecture. I'd say the no-call in the Ice Bowl where Forrest Gregg left early and Starr went behind him into the end zone to screw Dallas out of the NFL Championship was.

Or the officials carrying the Patriots through 2 playoff games in 2001.

Or you could just go with the fact there are calls and no calls in every game, and some people only see them one-sided.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Did you watch the game? Did you read the Ref's comments last year, admitting his incompetence during those four quarters? (sigh)...be impartial here - the game was chock-full of TERRIBLE and game-changing calls.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Yes, Jesus & Hitler, can barely tell them apart.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

16. Thanks revelarts thanked this post