Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    Sure you did. You didn't want these disgusting people to have equal rights, and now they do.
    What they want is acceptance in society. But they won't get it from me just because the state says they can have a state sanctioned marriage. Their filth and abnormalities will still exist.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My guess is most of them could give a shit whether you accept them or not. They wanted the civil right to marry and they got it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

My guess is most of them could give a shit whether you approve of them or not. They wanted the civil right to marry and they got it.
    Kudos for them. Now hopefully the filth will go away now and back to their abnormal lives.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Kudos for them. Now hopefully the filth will go away now and back to their abnormal lives.
    And hopefully, you will crawl back under your rock and let these people have their intimate privacy. Thank God your disgust for these people is abnormal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And hopefully, you will crawl back under your rock and let these people have their intimate privacy. Thank God your disgust for these people is abnormal.
    Sorry, but the fact that this is such a protested subject, and such a political hotbed right now, only shows that I am FAR from being in a small minority on this subject. Funny how when left up to activist judges and politicians - queers get their way. But tell me, in ALL the states where it's left up to VOTES by the citizens - tell me why so many all of a sudden think like I do? Sorry, but when left to votes, queers and their supporters are still in the minority.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Sorry, but the fact that this is such a protested subject, and such a political hotbed right now, only shows that I am FAR from being in a small minority on this subject. Funny how when left up to activist judges and politicians - queers get their way. But tell me, in ALL the states where it's left up to VOTES by the citizens - tell me why so many all of a sudden think like I do? Sorry, but when left to votes, queers and their supporters are still in the minority.
    Look. If you want to waste your time thinking about what other people do in bed and getting disgusted by it, I can't stop you.

As for the gay marriage issue. It's not going away until it is the law of the land throughout America. It is the civil rights issue of our time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I think in most cases it is too much censorship. With breaking news though, having to start new threads too much gets lost and people lose interest. Watched that happen on another site.
    Here's a way to do it that is not censorship in the least:

1.) Somebody puts a post in the thread that has nothing to do with the subject of the thread, but is inflammatory and designed to prompt replies on the same off-topic.

2.) You take that off-topic post (and its replies) out of the thread, and open a brand-new thread in an appropriate forum. Put that post as the OP, and any related replies as the replies they are.

There. You have INCREASED the visibility of that off-topic post, by providing an all-new thread with its own title RELATED to the (off-topic) post, with space for anyone to read and post all he likes.

That's hardly "censorship". In fact, it's the opposite: You have INCREASED the visibility and access to what the person said. Both for him, and for the people who want to reply to him.

And you have also increased the accessibility of the original thread, by preventing it from getting buried with irrelevant, off-topic posts.

The more I think about this, the more I like it.

Can it be done? Say, upon request of the original creator of the thread, and AFTER the moderators have looked it over and judged that the off-topic post is really diversionary?

Sure, it's more work for the mods, as if you all didn't have enough already. But I believe the results would be very positive - more so than a lot of the work you have to do here.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

My sister called me a short while ago after talking to one of our cousins in Germany. It appears that both the bombing and camp shooting are the work of one male domestic terrorist, a Norwegian citizen who is currently in police custody. Several Islamic terrorist groups have attempted to take credit, but their claims have been discounted.

Looks to me like a domestic issue not unlike the Oklahoma City bombings.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    My sister called me a short while ago after talking to one of our cousins in Germany. It appears that both the bombing and camp shooting are the work of one male domestic terrorist, a Norwegian citizen who is currently in police custody. Several Islamic terrorist groups have attempted to take credit, but their claims have been discounted.

Looks to me like a domestic issue not unlike the Oklahoma City bombings.
    Damn Gabby and I thought you were going to blame Bush for this like you have everything else

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Bush is only responsible for the rise of international terrorism since 2001. Therefore, he can't be the cause of the attacks in Norway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Bush is only responsible for the rise of international terrorism since 2001. Therefore, he can't be the cause of the attacks in Norway.
    Forget the heat wave - it is going to snow

Something happened and Gabby is not playing her worn out Blame Bush card

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Right along side the conservative faction still wanting to play the "blame Islam" every time a tragedy occurs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think we can wait before judging, it may be islamic radicals who did this, but no evidence yet, and we should wait.

At least one Islamic terror group quickly claimed the attacks were “revenge” for Norway’s engagement in Afghanistan, but last night Norwegian police said the attack did not appear to be the work of Islamist terrorists.

The man arrested in connection with the Utoya island shooting was named last night by the the justice ministry as Anders Behring Breivik, a 32-year-old Norwegian national. Investigators believe he was also involved in the bombing, but have not ruled out the possibility that he had accomplices.
    A suspect in the shootings, and the Oslo explosion that killed seven people, was arrested. Though police did not release his name, Norwegian national broadcaster NRK identified him as 32-year-old Anders Behring Breivik and said police searched his Oslo apartment overnight. NRK and other Norwegian media posted pictures of the blond, blue-eyed Norwegian.

A police official said the suspect appears to have acted alone in both attacks, and that "it seems like that this is not linked to any international terrorist organizations at all." The official spoke on condition of anonymity because that information had not been officially released by Norway's police.

"It seems it's not Islamic-terror related," the official said. "This seems like a madman's work."
    The official said the attack "is probably more Norway's Oklahoma City than it is Norway's World Trade Center." Domestic terrorists carried out the 1995 attack on a federal building in Oklahoma City, while foreign terrorists were responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07...#ixzz1SuLaW3zf

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?...80#post6148280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
    i think we can wait before judging, it may be islamic radicals who did this, but no evidence yet, and we should wait.
    It appears it was a Norwegian man working alone. He set the bomb and then went to the island to start killing people. The latest report was 80 dead on the island. Norway is a no gun society so this killer was the lone armed person. He seems to have just hated the government. This was well thought out and I suspect he planned to escape and the blame would have been put on muslim extremists, in the case of Norway the religion that cannot be named extremists. He fooled me along with many others. Unless he's recently changed his name to ackmed.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    It appears it was a Norwegian man working alone. He set the bomb and then went to the island to start killing people. The latest report was 80 dead on the island. Norway is a no gun society so this killer was the lone armed person. He seems to have just hated the government. This was well thought out and I suspect he planned to escape and the blame would have been put on muslim extremists, in the case of Norway the religion that cannot be named extremists. He fooled me along with many others. Unless he's recently changed his name to ackmed.
    now you can expect world wide gov't security to be looking for more WHITE ALQueda. or just White angry citizens in general. See how the gun laws aren't strong enough in Norway even. We just can't let White men walk the streets. I'll post some white people's Hate filled writings to prove it. (hope the gov't doesn't read this forum or my post). We can't be safe with all these potentially dangerous angry EXTREMIST white males, Animals. Tim McVeigh and his Crew, all those serial killers... white males. Wait a minute I shouldn't broad brush it will hit me eventually.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16