Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I have a new problem that started about a week ago....

used to be, if I made a reply post and wanted to return to the thread page that contained the post I had replied to I merely hit the back button.....

now I get a popup box that says something along the lines of, "Do you really want to leave this page? Press to continue"........

what used to take one button click now takes three or four......did you change something or did I change something in my browser........
    Nope, that's a new addition to the latest version of vBulletin. It thinks you might be leaving the page you are on by accident and wants to ensure you don't want to lose any work. It's odd that it does it to you on a page you aren't actually typing anything on, but it does that to me on other boards I belong to. Another member here complained about this new code as well, and there is no way to disable it as of yet. If enough of you hate it, I will remove it once I find out how. It's a balance between code that prevents people from losing what they've been typing and code that annoys people that aren't worried about that.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J.T View Post
    Can we please lose the popup when I close a 'reply to thread' tab? It gets really annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I have a new problem that started about a week ago.... used to be, if I made a reply post and wanted to return to the thread page that contained the post I had replied to I merely hit the back button..... now I get a popup box that says something along the lines of, "Do you really want to leave this page? Press to continue"........ what used to take one button click now takes three or four......did you change something or did I change something in my browser........
    I think I've found a way to remove the javascript that forced this question to be asked. I also just hit "reply to thread" with this thread, then left and it didn't ask me. Hopefully this one has been solved, but let me know if anyone still sees this popping up.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I cannot edit posts, new problem just noticed. Works on other sites.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I think I've found a way to remove the javascript that forced this question to be asked. I also just hit "reply to thread" with this thread, then left and it didn't ask me. Hopefully this one has been solved, but let me know if anyone still sees this popping up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I cannot edit posts, new problem just noticed. Works on other sites.
    Ok, disregard the fix to the annoying javascript popup message. While it does get rid of the message, I duplicated the fact that it gets rid of the ability to edit posts. Putting the java file back to it's original state brings back the ability to edit.

The good news is that quite a few have asked vB to add this as a standard "Enable/Disable" in future releases - which hopefully wouldn't be too much longer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Just in the last few days, when I type in a post and separate out the paragraphs, the system deletes all the carriage-returns and paragraph marks, and displays my post as one big blob of text, headers, links, etc, all run together. It's an unreadable mess. <------first paragraph. Two carriage returns before the next paragraph.How do I stop it from doing that? <-------second paragraphAny hits? <----- third paragraph
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

See? The above was in three paragraphs... but now it's not. At least not on my screen.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    Just in the last few days, when I type in a post and separate out the paragraphs, the system deletes all the carriage-returns and paragraph marks, and displays my post as one big blob of text, headers, links, etc, all run together.It's an unreadable mess. <------first paragraph.

Two carriage returns before the next paragraph.How do I stop it from doing that? <-------second paragraph

Any hits? <----- third paragraph
    Your post appears as one paragraph to me as well. I went into your quote and hit enter at the appropriate places to see if it works for me...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

See? The above was in three paragraphs... but now it's not. At least not on my screen.
    Let me look into this a bit and see if I can find an answer for you...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Just trying something off the top of my head. Go into your UserCP, then go to 'General Settings' - and then scroll to the bottom of the page where you can set your editor. It should be set already, but ensure yours is set to "enhanced editor".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Just trying something off the top of my head. Go into your UserCP, then go to 'General Settings' - and then scroll to the bottom of the page where you can set your editor. It should be set already, but ensure yours is set to "enhanced editor".
    I looked, and it was set to the first setting (of three), which was "Enhanced Editor".

The third setting was "Standard Editor". I clicked that one.

Now it works as I like!

Oddly, the instruction just below, said that the THIRD setting was "Enhanced Editor", and that first was "Text Box".

Could there be a couple of swapped links in the code?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

(Notice that my post above is now separated into paragraphs, just as I typed it. Happy!)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I looked, and it was set to the first setting (of three), which was "Enhanced Editor".

The third setting was "Standard Editor". I clicked that one.

Now it works as I like!

Oddly, the instruction just below, said that the THIRD setting was "Enhanced Editor", and that first was "Text Box".

Could there be a couple of swapped links in the code?
    You will lose a few options on the toolbar when posting if you choose standard editor. You can try going back to enhanced now and see if it recognizes the paragraph breaks. I used a SQL query a few weeks back to force the entire board over to the enhanced editor within their control panels. It's possible some got screwed up and need to be fiddled with, not sure. But to be fully optimized you should be using the enhanced feature.

If you can't get it to work, can you tell me what browser and OS you are using? I can open a ticket with vB and see if they are aware of this as a bug with the latest version?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

You will lose a few options on the toolbar when posting if you choose standard editor. You can try going back to enhanced now and see if it recognizes the paragraph breaks. I used a SQL query a few weeks back to force the entire board over to the enhanced editor within their control panels. It's possible some got screwed up and need to be fiddled with, not sure. But to be fully optimized you should be using the enhanced feature.

If you can't get it to work, can you tell me what browser and OS you are using? I can open a ticket with vB and see if they are aware of this as a bug with the latest version?
    Well, in truth the new editor had more bad points than good points IMHO. I'd rather stick with this one.

Windows XP Pro, Version 2002, SP3

IE 8 Version 8.0.6001.18702

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Well, in truth the new editor had more bad points than good points IMHO. I'd rather stick with this one.

Windows XP Pro, Version 2002, SP3

IE 8 Version 8.0.6001.18702
    If you can do me a favor... Can you possibly change it back to "enhanced editor" one last time to see if it starts working, and you can change it back even if it does? I'm just wondering if it's a bug or maybe wasn't working because I "forced" it on a few users. No rush, but I would appreciate it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

If you can do me a favor... Can you possibly change it back to "enhanced editor" one last time to see if it starts working, and you can change it back even if it does? I'm just wondering if it's a bug or maybe wasn't working because I "forced" it on a few users. No rush, but I would appreciate it!
    Well, here's the first paragraph after switching back to the "Enhanced Editor". Now a few Carriage Returns...

And here's the second paragrah. Hope they separate out as they should...

And the third, not to be outdone.