Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
    Then there is no point in bringing it up to me then.
    Sure there is, you're a fucking hypocrite. You'll laugh and roll eyes when the tactic is tossed in your direction but outright ignore it when its tossed at others.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And to move a point here from a thread that is off topic.... FJ thinks because of a Gallup poll that Americans are becoming more supportive than against gay marriage. As I have asked there, I am curious as to how many states adopted bans against queer marriage when put to the people and how many have allowed it when voted by the people?

Anyone know the answer?
    Oooh ooh I know the answer! *Holds hand up*

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Oooh ooh I know the answer! *Holds hand up*
    Nah, let 'em work for the answer. And then I'd like to see how he compares that with his statement that the majority of the people are starting to accept gay marriage, or however he actually stated it.

So again, to put it out there directly:

How many states have adopted laws/bans/constiutional amendments AGAINST gay marriage when put to the people?

How many states have adopted laws/bans/constiutional amendments FOR gay marriage when put to the people?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

29 states have put the the issue to the populace and 29 have banned it and put it in the state constitution.

14 other states have had propositions on the ballot changing wording in the constitution defining marriage as being between "one man and one woman"..................all have passed.

The states and the District of Columbia that have legalized it have all done so through the courts or in their respective legislastures.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nah, let 'em work for the answer. And then I'd like to see how he compares that with his statement that the majority of the people are starting to accept gay marriage, or however he actually stated it.

So again, to put it out there directly:

How many states have adopted laws/bans/constiutional amendments AGAINST gay marriage when put to the people?

How many states have adopted laws/bans/constiutional amendments FOR gay marriage when put to the people?
    Shit, sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

29 states have put the the issue to the populace and 29 have banned it and put it in the state constitution.

14 other states have had propositions on the ballot changing wording in the constitution defining marriage as being between "one man and one woman"..................all have passed.

The states and the District of Columbia that have legalized it have all done so through the courts or in their respective legislastures.
    Oh well, we'll hand feed 'em then! LOL

Sure looks to me from YOUR stats, and not a lame poll, that when put to the people that they really don't care for it after all? Imagine that!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Shit, sorry, I couldn't help myself.
    That's alright, I already knew the answer too. And quite frankly, I think the question would have remained unanswered anyway. It's an outright slaughter to the queer cause when the people have their say.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default I didn't want to bring out nukes but....................................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Oh well, we'll hand feed 'em then! LOL

Sure looks to me from YOUR stats, and not a lame poll, that when put to the people that they really don't care for it after all? Imagine that!
    You see Jimmy the media and the entertainment industry want you to believe that we are all a bunch of homophobes and that the majority just love queers, you will never ever hear a story about queers and meth or that they are still by far the leading group in new AIDS cases year in and year out, you will hear how they are loving parents(like that is possible since the definition of parents is one mom, one dad) but you won't hear how fucked up the kid is later on in life because it was devoid of either the female or male influence in its life.

Its enough to make you vomit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    why does it matter if gays get married?
    It doesn't , if queerosexuals want to sign a piece of paper that says "when I get tired of your ass you can have half my shit as I leave" then let them. Who cares.

I said it before, I'll say it again. This country has serious issues, this isn't one of them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    It doesn't , if queerosexuals want to sign a piece of paper that says "when I get tired of your ass you can have half my shit as I leave" then let them. Who cares.

I said it before, I'll say it again. This country has serious issues, this isn't one of them.
    Apparently you don't care about America socially, not that it matters anyway, its already one of the worst social shitholes on earth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It's when we stop caring as a society and just let anyone do anything, no matter how destructive it is to them or society as a whole, that we are giving up. Larger issues for our society should not mean that we ignore the smaller ones, which ignored can fester and lead to a downturn for that society.

If we want to ignore this - we should also ignore smoking, gambling, drinking, prostitution... and other destructive lifestyles and addictions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

Look, if you're gay, you're gay. I know Gunny is a little scary sometimes, but even he can't punch through the internet. Just embrace your queerness, find you a nice guy and enjoy life. There is no need for this self hatred.
    I am pro-gay rights, and pro-gay marriage. I am also in favor of gays and lesbians serving in the military. However, this sort of response dumbs down the level of the debate. Now, I can't do anything about the fact that Prince Lemon skipped the sections of the Bible where they talk about no longer being under the Law (Hence why Leviticus is no longer used), or Christ himself stating that none have the right to judge save God Himself, or the part where Christ stated to "Love Your Enemy".
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's when we stop caring as a society and just let anyone do anything, no matter how destructive it is to them or society as a whole, that we are giving up. Larger issues for our society should not mean that we ignore the smaller ones, which ignored can fester and lead to a downturn for that society.

If we want to ignore this - we should also ignore smoking, gambling, drinking, prostitution... and other destructive lifestyles and addictions.
    Actually, the government should stop legislating morality all together, but that's a different debate, Jim. This isn't about marriage, really, because marriage has been, and in some cases still is, polygamous. It has been incestuous, as well as little more than a bargaining strategy used to secure trade, or par off an enemy. It has been used as a way to entrap women and men alike. Strictly speaking, in the past 100 years, marriage has been more pure than any other point in our history, including the time of Jesus. Gays wanting to get married does nothing to damage them, nor is it destructive to society, as it has endured far worse things than two men being in love. Hell, it's endured worse than that in the last 100 years.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Apparently you don't care about America socially, not that it matters anyway, its already one of the worst social shitholes on earth.
    No sir, what I don't want is the government dictating social mores. Do you want to risk the day when enough queers gain power that they have the power to outlaw straight sex? I sure don't.

One of the first lessons I learned as an Army officer was that we were there to defend EVERYONE , especially those with whom you most vehemently disagree. I disagree with homos, BUT I absolutely don't want the government telling them what they can and can't do.

What kind of big government liberaloid are you?