Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    I never understood that. Don't idiots realize when you belittle the person YOU chose to marry you're actually belittling yourself? Duh , there's some real jerks out there.
    Well, he wasn't the brightest bulb...what can I say. Usually after one of his "you suck" tirades...he would then want to have make up sex too. My response was usually something like..."why would you want to have sex with a repulsive person". "Go sleep it off...asshole".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Well, he wasn't the brightest bulb...what can I say. Usually after one of his "you suck" tirades...he would then want to have make up sex too. My response was usually something like..."why would you want to have sex with a repulsive person". "Go sleep it off...asshole".
    Geez Shadow he sounds mentally mean, it's amazing you have such a good outlook.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    Geez Shadow he sounds mentally mean, it's amazing you have such a good outlook.
    He was.

And to be honest regarding my outlook,it didn't happen overnight...it's taken a lot of time. And I'm still pretty shy/introverted and not very social at times.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He was.

And to be honest regarding my outlook,it didn't happen overnight...it's taken a lot of time. And I'm still pretty shy/introverted and not very social at times.
    Well your online personna shines through, I can see you have a good sense of humor, you like to delve deep into human issues, your loyal and nurturing to your friends, you have all those great qualities online that I imagine offline people are lucky to be part of your life.

That mean ex husband didn't deserve what you had to offer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Men want a female who will mate with them. That trumps all - especially if the woman who mates with them conducts herself in a way to stroke the ego (and other parts?) of the man in a way that conveys acceptance of his s3xual prowess.

My ex was, physically, my ideal. However, we didn't synch on very important issues. My wife is nearly the opposite of my ideas (she's too tall, introvert, etc), but when the zombies attack, I want her on my team for a lot of the reasons you listed above.

I'm scared of 'friendship' when thinking of a potential mate. I sorta think a good relationship starts out with a strong sexual/emotional connection. It's easier to teach friendship than passion.
    So,how important is the above to most people? Is it a deal breaker if your SO doesn't tend to defend you,but rather leaves you to the wolves (so to speak)? Do you care if they have your back? Or if they always take the other side of an argument? Just curious?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Because of the hardness of their hearts today's men dumping their wives because they hate wives problems like obesity,disabilities,and other things that happen to them.Adulerous age or the last days.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So,how important is the above to most people? Is it a deal breaker if your SO doesn't tend to defend you,but rather leaves you to the wolves (so to speak)? Do you care if they have your back? Or if they always take the other side of an argument? Just curious?

Deal breaker if she argues in public. I've known my wife almost 7 years and she never has. We've had disagreements in private of course (unlike me she isn't always right) , but in public we are a united front.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It depends on the situation, not blind loyalty because I am human and often make mistakes or have poor judgement, however if I am being attacked by someone in some public fashion and its malicious then I would like my better half to support me and stick up for me even if they think theres some validity to the reason behind the attack, I would expect my true love to be close enough to me to address any issues I may be in denial about but temper it with mercy. Standing up for your loved one in public is a sign of respect to me it's saying you love them warts n all.

Alwasys pretty close to my mental limit. Or as I also call it, close to South Bend, IN.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I ran into an ex-GF a few years ago. At 45 she was on her 3rd marriage and looking for another divorce but trying to make herself financially secure before she left. She somehow married 2 alcoholics after her first marriage. She was a sweet girl but had little self-confidence (which was why we split). I knew her dad well after we broke up becz years later we were opposites when I worked at the EPA and he was a VP at Mobil Oil. He had the cruelty to tell his daughter and I that she wasn't smart enough to even be a secretary for him. I wouldn't care if it was true (it wasn't) but you just don't say things like that to your kids. Think it, maybe, but don't say it.

No wonder some people grow up insecure. Just becz you can breed doesn't mean you're a decent enough human to be a parent.

Alwasys pretty close to my mental limit. Or as I also call it, close to South Bend, IN.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It depends on the situation, not blind loyalty because I am human and often make mistakes or have poor judgement, however if I am being attacked by someone in some public fashion and its malicious then I would like my better half to support me and stick up for me even if they think theres some validity to the reason behind the attack, I would expect my true love to be close enough to me to address any issues I may be in denial about but temper it with mercy. Standing up for your loved one in public is a sign of respect to me it's saying you love them warts n all.
    I pissed off a girlfriend when she borrowed someone's car (a POS) and it ran out of coolant. The car overheated but even after she discovered the problem, she decided since the guy who lent her the car was so RUDE as to give it to her with low coolant, she had no problem driving it until the engine seized. The car owner then came by her place when I was there to demand she pay for a new motor. I didn't entirely agree with his reasoning but thought he was more right than my girlfirend.

We broke up a month or so later. She never told me why. It's still a mystery.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacerBoy View Post
    I pissed off a girlfriend when she borrowed someone's car (a POS) and it ran out of coolant. The car overheated but even after she discovered the problem, she decided since the guy who lent her the car was so RUDE as to give it to her with low coolant, she had no problem driving it until the engine seized. The car owner then came by her place when I was there to demand she pay for a new motor. I didn't entirely agree with his reasoning but thought he was more right than my girlfirend.

We broke up a month or so later. She never told me why. It's still a mystery.
    sure he was right and she was wrong good riddence eh>?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree. And it also shows the person that you care more about them then some aquaintance or stranger. IMO if your SO won't stand up for you in front of friends,strangers etc...it shows you at least two things:

1). You can't depend on them.
    2). Makes them harder to trust in the future.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree. And it also shows the person that you care more about them then some aquaintance or stranger. IMO if your SO won't stand up for you in front of friends,strangers etc...it shows you at least two things:

1). You can't depend on them.
    2). Makes them harder to trust in the future.
    Sure, I expect more of someone I am in a romantic commitment to then just a friend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sure, I expect more of someone I am in a romantic commitment to then just a friend.
    Which brings up a good point. So,you don't care if your friends stick up for you...just your SO?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Which brings up a good point. So,you don't care if your friends stick up for you...just your SO?
    Not as important to me. I don't have any friends offline so maybe I would think different if I had friends.

Basically if I was in a commitment I can't imagine a situation that I'd find myself being subjected to an attack unless it was my own dang family and I don't think my man would want to hang around them anyway.