Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Alwasys pretty close to my mental limit. Or as I also call it, close to South Bend, IN.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Why did KRB run ....

Cz I was terrified of your POWERFUL question and intellect. Or I had to take a dump or had something else to do. You choose.

But please don't be THAT kind of idiot.
    The specific set of foolish ideas that has laid claim to the name 'supply side economics' is a crank doctrine that would have little influence if it did not appeal to the prejudices of editors and wealthy men" -- Paul Krugman

You will respect my atoritay!- ConHog aka Cartman

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacerBoy View Post
    Cz I was terrified of your POWERFUL question and intellect. Or I had to take a dump or had something else to do. You choose.

But please don't be THAT kind of idiot.
    Oh , I'm not EXCEPT when the idiot I'm calling out for running is over posting in the dinner thread so I know he's not in taking a dump.

Seriously though, you damn well know that profiling is an accepted law enforcement technique except here suddenly when it comes to illegal immigration and terrorism and then suddenly "Don't profile" is the battle cry.

Fuck that, I say profile more. If 20 year old black men seem to sell more crack cocaine than any other group of people, then guess who we should target when investigating such crimes. Just for example.

It's Law Enforcement 101.

Alwasys pretty close to my mental limit. Or as I also call it, close to South Bend, IN.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh , I'm not EXCEPT when the idiot I'm calling out for running is over posting in the dinner thread so I know he's not in taking a dump.

Seriously though, you damn well know that profiling is an accepted law enforcement technique except here suddenly when it comes to illegal immigration and terrorism and then suddenly "Don't profile" is the battle cry.

Fuck that, I say profile more. If 20 year old black men seem to sell more crack cocaine than any other group of people, then guess who we should target when investigating such crimes. Just for example.

It's Law Enforcement 101.
    Bullshit. Profiling is idiocy. I had a 20ish black guy as a criminal client once stopped for DWB (driving while black) in his BMW 3 series. He was an electrician. The cops stopped him becz he was a young black guy in an expensive car in a bad neighborhood. The jury found him not guilty and the all white jury after the trial were all appalled at the arrrest and profiling.

Luckily, enough people disagree with your opinion to make profiling difficult for police to use without intense scrutiny.
    The specific set of foolish ideas that has laid claim to the name 'supply side economics' is a crank doctrine that would have little influence if it did not appeal to the prejudices of editors and wealthy men" -- Paul Krugman

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bullshit. Profiling is idiocy. I had a 20ish black guy as a criminal client once stopped for DWB (driving while black) in his BMW 3 series. He was an electrician. The cops stopped him becz he was a young black guy in an expensive car in a bad neighborhood. The jury found him not guilty and the all white jury after the trial were all appalled at the arrrest and profiling.

Luckily, enough people disagree with your opinion to make profiling difficult for police to use without intense scrutiny.
    So wait, you're ONE case that you didn't even give us all the facts on is proof that profiling doesn't work?

I find it nearly impossible to believe that a case of driving while black made it to jury. I'm not saying there aren't cases of someone getting pulled over under the circumstances you describe, no doubt it happens, but that is racism, not profiling. Profiling is using statistical analysis to determine the group most likely to commit certain crimes.

I was military police for over 20 years, they absolutely, positively teach law enforcement to use profiling as a tool. It is not my fault you don't understand the difference between racism and profiling.

Or do you really contend that the FBI doesn't profile?

Oh, I would love to hear the real and complete story of why your client's case made it to a jury. Obviously he was at least accused of more than driving while black. My guess is that the vehicle either wasn't titled or he simply didn't have any ID on him at the time of the stop. I tend towards no plate on the car. Otherwise you need to explain under what pretense the police pulled him over for.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What was he charged with? The reason for pulling him over is obvious. I would have done the same. What did they arrest him for?
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    What was he charged with? The reason for pulling him over is obvious. I would have done the same. What did they arrest him for?
    KRB just pulled the usual defense attorney crap. Tell half the story, only the evidence that helps his client look better, and hope the "jury" is too stupid to notice.

Unfortunately for him, we did notice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

KRB just pulled the usual defense attorney crap. Tell half the story, only the evidence that helps his client look better, and hope the "jury" is too stupid to notice.

Unfortunately for him, we did notice.
    And you pulled the typical racist cop thing.

And prosecutors don't tell the story that makes defendants look guilty? They don't try to prove their case? Don't be stupid, please.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And prosecutors don't tell the story that makes defendants look guilty? They don't try to prove their case? Don't be stupid, please.
    I thought you were smarter than this. Listen. Profiling =/= racism. It is equals good police work, and a wise use of resources. If your facts show that 90% of a certain crime is in fact committed by a specific group then it just makes sense that you would concentrate your resources on THAT group, regardless of their race.

Oh, and no a prosecutor really can't just omit certain facts the way you just did. Why are you refusing to tell us why your client was really pulled over?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As I said, what was he charged with? A man in an expensive car in a bad neighborhood is going to get pulled over no matter what color he is. If he's not up to something he'll be sent on his way, maybe warned to stay out of the area. It's profiling based on the car, not the individual. Such a person is usually there for prostitution or drugs.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought you were smarter than this. Listen. Profiling =/= racism. It is equals good police work, and a wise use of resources. If your facts show that 90% of a certain crime is in fact committed by a specific group then it just makes sense that you would concentrate your resources on THAT group, regardless of their race.

Oh, and no a prosecutor really can't just omit certain facts the way you just did. Why are you refusing to tell us why your client was really pulled over?
    I thought you were smart, too. Race doen't equal criminal, but you seem to think it is. I'm sorry for you.

And I've seen plenty of prosecutors hold back facts in trial that would help exonerate a defendant. Get off your wife's highhorse.

What facts did I hold back? The fact that a jury was outraged at police behavior and a not guilty verdixt? YOU can be a better judge than 12 people that heard all the evidence over 10 hours? Please. It was a DUI charge, btw, disguised as DWB.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought you were smart, too. Race doen't equal criminal, but you seem to think it is. I'm sorry for you.

And I've seen plenty of prosecutors hold back facts in trial that would help exonerate a defendant. Get off your wife's highhorse.

What facts did I hold back? The fact that a jury was outraged at police behavior and a not guilty verdixt? YOU can be a better judge than 12 people that heard all the evidence over 10 hours? Please. It was a DUI charge, btw, disguised as DWB.
    You're being a full of shit crybaby in this thread KRB.

No one said race equaled criminal. I in fact said that in many cases it is the WHITE guy who should be the target of profiling. For instance, who do you think is the primary suspect group in the case of serial killers? Oh that's right, 30 something white males because statistically speaking that is the most likely group to commit said crime. I don't see you whining about that profiling.

As for prosecutors, I'm sure occasionally it happens, but generally speaking a prosecutor wants to get the right guy/gal and not just send SOMEONE to prison, a defense attorney however has no such qualms their , your, only job is to get their, your, client off, regardless of guilt.

Oh and I see now what happened. Black guy got pulled over for swerving all over the road, passed the sobriety tests but was arrested anyway, screamed racism, and a jury voted not guilty; and now you want us to just take your word for it that the cops didn't truly think he was DUI they just saw a black guy and went and got him.

Good grief, I am so sick of hearing about racism. I'm married to a full Hispanic, I KNOW what real racism looks like, I know it exists, I know it can be ugly, I also know that throwing racism out every time a minority feels the slightest bit inconvenienced is getting old.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're being a full of shit crybaby in this thread KRB.

No one said race equaled criminal. I in fact said that in many cases it is the WHITE guy who should be the target of profiling. For instance, who do you think is the primary suspect group in the case of serial killers? Oh that's right, 30 something white males because statistically speaking that is the most likely group to commit said crime. I don't see you whining about that profiling.

As for prosecutors, I'm sure occasionally it happens, but generally speaking a prosecutor wants to get the right guy/gal and not just send SOMEONE to prison, a defense attorney however has no such qualms their , your, only job is to get their, your, client off, regardless of guilt.

Oh and I see now what happened. Black guy got pulled over for swerving all over the road, passed the sobriety tests but was arrested anyway, screamed racism, and a jury voted not guilty; and now you want us to just take your word for it that the cops didn't truly think he was DUI they just saw a black guy and went and got him.

Good grief, I am so sick of hearing about racism. I'm married to a full Hispanic, I KNOW what real racism looks like, I know it exists, I know it can be ugly, I also know that throwing racism out every time a minority feels the slightest bit inconvenienced is getting old.

You made a completely inane statement so I matched it. IMO, profiling is unconstitutional and stupid.

Being a successful black guy in an unsuccessful/poor black neighborhood makes one suspicious? Should the guy have moved to white suburbia so he wasn't "suspicious"? I truly hope as a military cop you didn't think like that.

Nice to see how you support the justice system, Mr. ex-cop. If they are pulled over and arrested, they are guilty cz the cops say so. Do you want to play executioner, too?

Good grief, I'm sorry you're tired of hearing that racism exists. And racism in policing exists. Do you think that a criminal charge like DUI doesn't scare the shit out of someone? Do you think it's a joke to them? It's someone's life. It will follow them around and humiliate them for the rest of their life. It's not some insignificant event, but that's how you view it. You're wrong.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wow, a black guy arrested for DUI screams racism. I'm shocked, truly shocked, who ever heard of such a thing. And in the courtroom the whole trial becomes about race, not the fact he was driving drunk. You did a great job turning that all around. I'll bet after the trial he drove down to the club to party and celebrate. He can, after all, drive erratically now without worry, cause it would be racist profiling to pull him over again.

I've got your measure now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You made a completely inane statement so I matched it. IMO, profiling is unconstitutional and stupid.

Being a successful black guy in an unsuccessful/poor black neighborhood makes one suspicious? Should the guy have moved to white suburbia so he wasn't "suspicious"? I truly hope as a military cop you didn't think like that.

Nice to see how you support the justice system, Mr. ex-cop. If they are pulled over and arrested, they are guilty cz the cops say so. Do you want to play executioner, too?

Good grief, I'm sorry you're tired of hearing that racism exists. And racism in policing exists. Do you think that a criminal charge like DUI doesn't scare the shit out of someone? Do you think it's a joke to them? It's someone's life. It will follow them around and humiliate them for the rest of their life. It's not some insignificant event, but that's how you view it. You're wrong.
    You're opinion on the matter doesn't mean anything in the face of thousands of years of profiling being used to good ends in law enforcement.

The successful black guy you refer to was obviously arrested for more than being black. At minimum a grand jury or judge found that there was sufficient evidence of DUI to send it to a jury. You already admitted that. As I said, I suspect that he was driving erratically and pulled over for THAT, not because he was black, but the cop was white so instead of just presenting his evidence that he wasn't drunk he no doubt shouted that the cop was a racist and that pissed the cop off so he arrested him even though he passed the field sobriety exam, which by the way is legal to do, and the case went to trial. I have no doubt that is exactly how it happened. If the "successful" black man had not have mentioned racism I doubt he would have been arrested.

That isn't racism, that's called don't piss the cops off when they pull you over dumb shit.

By the way if this black guy was so successful why was he relying on a public defender?

And of course I never implied that DUI was no big deal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Wow, a black guy arrested for DUI screams racism. I'm shocked, truly shocked, who ever heard of such a thing. And in the courtroom the whole trial becomes about race, not the fact he was driving drunk. You did a great job turning that all around. I'll bet after the trial he drove down to the club to party and celebrate. He can, after all, drive erratically now without worry, cause it would be racist profiling to pull him over again.

I've got your measure now.
    I'm sorely disappointed in KRB after this thread. I understand he's liberal, but I thought he was at least rational.