Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Thank you all so much, my efamily.

The anticipation is tough. I will check back in later tonight if we still have power. The brunt of it is due from midnight to around 8 am. We bought wine.
    As long as your not directly in the path and taking the brunt of it you might as well have a hurricane party. Put the home owners insurance papers in a safe place too.

The waiting is always the worst part.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    As long as your not directly in the path and taking the brunt of it you might as well have a hurricane party. Put the home owners insurance papers in a safe place too.

The waiting is always the worst part.
    Here TS winds (will probably lose power) and God knows how much rain tonight. Looks like where I am at we will get the outer bands

Stiil it will be a PITA

Getting a steady rain right now

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Here TS winds (will probably lose power) and God knows how much rain tonight. Looks like where I am at we will get the outer bands

Stiil it will be a PITA

Getting a steady rain right now
    Good luck to you too. You should probably prepare for power outages as well. Good thing it's the weekend and most people can stay home.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Good luck to you too. You should probably prepare for power outages as well. Good thing it's the weekend and most people can stay home.
    I have no reason to leave Gaffer. Went to the store early this morning. It may not be so bad. I sqaw online the winds will be around 35 MPH and taper off towards Sunday evening.

Rain may be around 3 to 5 inches so it may not be as bad as I thought

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have no reason to leave Gaffer. Went to the store early this morning. It may not be so bad. I sqaw online the winds will be around 35 MPH and taper off towards Sunday evening.

Rain may be around 3 to 5 inches so it may not be as bad as I thought
    I don't think any of it will be as bad as the media presents it. Where ever the storm makes land fall will get slammed but other than that it will be just wind and rain as usual. Nothing that hasn't been seen a thousand times before.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Abbey ... I remember when my father-in-law went through two major hurricanes in one season (lives in the panhandle of Flordia and they got hit Ivan and I think Frances - 2004). They have a safe room ... room that's right in the middle of their house (which is 7500 square feet .... anyway, it's her jewelry room so it's like a fortress .... they camped out in there during the worst part of the storms. They have 10 acres of producing trees (nuts and fruit) ... and over half of them were lost, two of his three greenhouses were destroyed and some of their roof blew off.

They survived, but it changed their lives. He became very disheartened trying to make the property an income producing property. Now, it's just a hobby farm.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't think any of it will be as bad as the media presents it. Where ever the storm makes land fall will get slammed but other than that it will be just wind and rain as usual. Nothing that hasn't been seen a thousand times before.
    But the damn thing will not weaken as fast as they hoped. It looks like half the storm will be over land and the other half over water.

While I have got less then a quarter inch of rain some parts of VA have gotten over 9 inches and the storm is just getting fired up

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Looks like this area got by with no problems. No heavy rains, no winds, and this morning it is in the 60's

I hope everyoine else is doing just as well

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Looks like this area got by with no problems. No heavy rains, no winds, and this morning it is in the 60's

I hope everyoine else is doing just as well
    I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. I hope that Abbey and everyone else is OK.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. I hope that Abbey and everyone else is OK.
    Me to. NY, NJ, and parts of PA got it pretty good

I hope they log on soon and let us know they are OK

It is nice here. A little rain but the temp in low and there is a nice breeze blowing. I opened the windows and I am letting Mother Nature air the place out

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Still waiting to hear from our members in the affected area. We're taking a head count here.

The media is saying oops it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. DUH.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Abbey's gone black. LOL! I've heard from RSR and Evil. Both alive and not too broke from out of pocket. Evil has some damage, but manageable.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It was okay at my house a few miles from the Pa./NJ border. Not much wind, no loss of power, just a lot of rain. Some people in the area are flooded and displaced from the Deleware River and some small creeks flooding and a lot of folks are without power. One man was killed by a falling tree after pushing his young son out of the way. Some roads are still closed to flooding and debris, but the main flooding won't occur until Monday when the rivers crest.

Here is my peaceful little creek 95 yards out the back door with pics taken 14 hours apart. The 6 acres on the far side is only 90% flooded. So if you want to buy some waterfront property in Pa., PM me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Looks like just a lot of flooding from the storm. Now it is Canada's problem

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2011/...roes-in-on-ny/

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay. I was up all night watching tornado warnings come and go, so I neeed to rest a bit.

We had some particularly scary moments when we were told to seek shelter from tornados. You may have heard that we did have tornado damage in Delaware. With no basement, that meant the three of us (and our cat, of course), huddled in a coat closet with a lantern and a battery-operated radio. The cat was going a little crazy.

The rain was pretty intense for many, many hours, but the drainage pipe and sump pump my husband put in a couple of days ago worked. Had he not done that, recent flooding into our home would surely have been repeated.

Thank you all so much for the prayers and good wishes. We really are like a family here whne it counts.

And Gaffer, my husband was impressed with your take on it- that we were able to identify weaknesses on our property thanks to the previous flooding last week. It was a positive way to look at it!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey