Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
Perhaps there are normal people who want the freedom of choice to own an AK-47, as well as there are people who want the freedom to abort babies.

Are you qualified to determine someone's needs?
Try telling me once again why any normal person would want to own an AK-47.
The AK-47 has one purpose -- to kill people. There is nothing else you can do with it.
Imagine your own mom and/or dad, sitting at a restaurant for breakfast. I can't see anyone walking in with a rock or a can of gas looking to kill people. That is why they would want a rapid fire weapon.
You gun nuts can moralize and pontificate all you want. But the only reason to own an AK-47 is to kill people.
Imagine your mom and/or dad is dead right now. DEAD. Someone killed them. And I am guessing you are sitting around thinking "oh, I suppose some nut could just as easily have killed with a rock. Or a sledgehammer." Because I know gun nuts are stupid enough to think like that.
But they're still dead. And you don't care. Because you support unlimited gun ownership.
It's going to happen again. Very soon. Perhaps to someone you know. If you don't care, why should I?