Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    I think it's supposed to last only until death. In death, no one is given in marriage, check the Bible... I think that's what it says.
    " Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." (Matt 19:6)

Adam and Eve were Married and commaned to multiply and replenish the earth before the fall. There was no death in the world then.

Marriage is instituted by God, and therefore is Eternal. Or at least can be.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    And who set the "rules"? Is it not society/culture?
    Nope. That would be God.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    You're a Tudor fan I surmise.
    Whats Tudor?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    It gets worse!
    They even allow people who have been married to get divorced and marry again, when that isn't either!
    Maddness I tell you.

/sarcasm.
    And couples shouldn't be getting divorced. Especially not nearly at the level they are currently doing it.

I know that in some circumstances, because of man's weakness, divorces are right. But too many people are divorcing for purely selfish reason. And in doing so they destroy their families for generations to come.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    That's kinda depressing...
    And that being depressing is kind of depressing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Since it is a state level contractual agreement anyway, it should be treated as such, with options to renew. People who choose religious options should be required to follow the guideline set out by their choice.
    Wait, what kind of signing bonus/re-enlistment bonus would I have to look forward to?
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Whats Tudor?
    The Tudor dynasty. Well known for Henry VIII and his many wives, including several annulments (de fact~ divorce) and executions.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I wonder how many other versions of "marriage" will make it or court or the law before the word is completely meaningless. or we have to start using adjectives before and after the word to have any idea what we're talking about.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Guy wants to marry his car
    Girl wants to marry a concept
    Girl wants to marry a dead guy
    Woman want to see her bird and cat marry...
    Teacher wants to marry her class of 3rd graders,..
    Guy want to marry his job... literally... make it legal...
    Child wants to marry a toy...
    man want to marry restaurant...
    woman marries a piece of art...

WHATS WRONG WITH IT? If they LOVE EACH OTHER, or SOMTHING... It's a right...
    Your just a .uh fill-in-the-blank- a phobic if you want to ban them... Someone in my family is a necrophiaic or art lover etc....
    plus they were born that way...DNA will prove it .. oneday...
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think we just need a core group of Americans honoring marriage by getting married and staying married. I heard a sermon the other day, the best thing a man can do to raise a daughter is to love her mother. Our children need to be rooted in good values. that way if the world around us goes to hell, and it's heading there, we can correct it and our posterity will be the ones who lead it back to sanity.

Maybe im wrong. I dont know. Im not sure about alot of things lately. But I know that we aren't living the way God wants us to be living.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Nope. That would be God.

Yeah? How do you figure?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I wonder how many other versions of "marriage" will make it or court or the law before the word is completely meaningless. or we have to start using adjectives before and after the word to have any idea what we're talking about.
    Problem is, we've romanticized what marriage is. Originally, it wasn't even about love, really. It's been a way of solidifying treaties, it's been pluralistic, it's been abusive, etc.. People forget that romantic love as a reason for marriage as a good thing is somewhat new. The other 10,000 years, it's been something else entirely. I don't think we're gonna do any damage nowadays that's gonna take it down.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah? How do you figure?
    He said so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Whether marriage lasts or not, the bigger problem is people who no longer have faith in certain institutions (marriage, church) attempting to talk others out of their faith.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post