Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    For someone who bellows how he knows so much about Tebow; and the liberal media's coverage of his past - you know very little (or so you claim) about the current coverage of Tebow by the liberal media
    Give it a rest RSR. If the media loved this guy anymore, he'd have his own television network.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

For someone who bellows how he knows so much about Tebow; and the liberal media's coverage of his past - you know very little (or so you claim) about the current coverage of Tebow by the liberal media
    What does what the "liberal media" says about Tim Tebow have to do with Tim Tebow? I get sick of this shit. Can he play football and lead a team? Yes. What's he getting paid to do? Play football and lead a team. Of course the media's going to go after him. That's all they are about.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    What does what the "liberal media" says about Tim Tebow have to do with Tim Tebow? I get sick of this shit. Can he play football and lead a team? Yes. What's he getting paid to do? Play football and lead a team. Of course the media's going to go after him. That's all they are about.
    Exactly, has nothing to do with religion. hell , most of the grief they give him is based on his unconventional playing style. BUT they also admit that he's pure winner.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Exactly, has nothing to do with religion. hell , most of the grief they give him is based on his unconventional playing style. BUT they also admit that he's pure winner.
    Used to say the same thing about Ken Stabler. He couldn't throw. He couldn't run. Well, all except for those SB victories he sucked.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Used to say the same thing about Ken Stabler. He couldn't throw. He couldn't run. Well, all except for those SB victories he sucked.
    Exactly, they do it for one reason, and one reason only.

Controversy sells. PERIOD. Has nothing to do with Tebow even, let alone his religion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Exactly, they do it for one reason, and one reason only.

Controversy sells. PERIOD. Has nothing to do with Tebow even, let alone his religion.
    Fuck them. I have no problem with his religion and I DAMNED SURE don't have a problem with his having the balls to say so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fuck them. I have no problem with his religion and I DAMNED SURE don't have a problem with his having the balls to say so.
    All I can say is that I pray that both my daughter and my niece meet a Tim Tebow caliber person when they grow up, and I don't care if the guy can play sports at all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

All I can say is that I pray that both my daughter and my niece meet a Tim Tebow caliber person when they grow up, and I don't care if the guy can play sports at all.
    No shit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tim Tebow is a douchebag ...

... because he's a Gator!

I couldn't care less about his religion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually, I've grown to like Tebow TBH.

What I don't like is all the over-the-top fawning adulation.

It didn't just start here. It was in college too. Listening to the announcers gush over Tebow during Gator games made me want to puke all over my expensive HDTV. Then, last year, his was one of the top, if not the top, selling jersey in the NFL. Why? He had done nothing! He was, to some, a Football Messiah! Give me a break.

Given that a typical NFL roster often looks like the incarceration record of the local jail, the NFL needs more guys like Tim Tebow. I just wish his fans, nay worshippers, would STFU.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I said they have loved him SINCE his college days , that includes currently. You act like Tebow being pro life was some big damn secret until that commercial and once the media found out he felt that way they started hated him. LOL
    FFS I thought the SEC announcers were going to cream their jeans whenever they spoke about Tebow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Why are you here CH? You seem to know more about football then these former players do. You should be doing one of the Pre Game shows on Fox or CBS
    You could educate Howie Long all about the game

So what if these guys who follow football for a living agree Tebow is being attacked for his religious beliefs. YOU say it isn't so - that makes them wrong

Outspoken Christian athlete Tim Tebow, now the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos, has been widely criticized by many in the media. NFL analysts are starting to admit that criticism, in large part, has been because of his faith.

''Inside the NFL'' analyst and former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Cris Collinsworth concluded that much of the hatred against Tebow was based on his religious beliefs. Responding to a question from fellow host James 'JB' Brown, Collinsworth showed his disgust for Tebow's treatment: ''It's unbelievable, though, JB, that one of the best kids - just pure kids that's ever come into the NFL - is hated because of his faith, because of his mission work, because of the fact that he wears it on his sleeve, because of the fact that he lives his life that he talks about.''

This isn't the first time the issue has come up. Many sportswriters and fans have mocked Tebow and hoped to see him fail - in large part, his defenders have argued, because of his strong Christian beliefs. Other football analysts are starting to agree with that assessment.

NBCsports.com commentator Jelisa Castrodale argued: “The NFL's other backup-turned-starters don't generate this type of negativity.” And CBS analyst and former 49ers offensive lineman Randy Cross blamed the media for anti-Tebow coverage: ''People, especially the media, root against him because of what he stands for.''

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/paul-wi...#ixzz1gUlNzJXO

and

A Boston sports radio host on Friday called Heisman Trophy-winning football star Tim Tebow's "lily white" NFL draft party a "Nazi rally."

For those unfamiliar, 98.5 FM "The Sports Hub" in Boston is home to the NFL's Patriots and the NHL's Bruins.

The morning drive-time program between 6 and 10 AM is called "Toucher and Rich" as it's hosted by Fred “Toucher” Toettcher and Rich Shertenlieb.

According to the Boston Herald, Toucher on Friday stuck his foot in his mouth BIG TIME
    Fred "Toucher" Toettcher said yesterday on 98.5 The Sports Hub, "It looked like some kind of Nazi rally. . . . So lily-white is what I'm trying to say. Yeah, Stepford Wives."
    The Media Research Center's Dan Gainor offered his opinion to the Herald:
    "It's an amazing double standard," Gainor said. "The left has decided to hate Tim Tebow for nothing more than the fact that he's a good guy who tries to live an ethical and religious life."
    Tebow is known throughout the sports world as a highly-religious young man with very strong principles concerning abortion.

Outside of his performance on the football field, Tebow garnered national media attention earlier in the year when he was featured in a couple of pro-Life ads with his mother.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...#ixzz1gUmLg1Gr

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

But as usual, many on the left do Gunny

And it shows in their coverage of the man

Which is the purpose of this thread

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why are you here CH? You seem to know more about football then these former players do. You should be doing one of the Pre Game shows on Fox or CBS
    You could educate Howie Long all about the game

So what if these guys who follow football for a living agree Tebow is being attacked for his religious beliefs. YOU say it isn't so - that makes them wrong
    Another babbling attempt at an insult RSR? What does saying Tebow isn't being attacked for being a Christian have to do with football knowledge?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Another babbling attempt at an insult RSR? What does saying Tebow isn't being attacked for being a Christian have to do with football knowledge?
    Nopt at all hotshot. You keep babbling how Tebow is only attacked by a "few" sources for his religious beliefs - and I have given you many examples

You seem to know more about what is going on in football then people like Cris Collinsworth and opther football analysts

By your own post, it is seldom you are wrong and that itself is a clear error

Ronald Reagan