Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    You can NOT refuse to allow a warrant to served. That's the point of a search warrant.

As to your second point. We had a thread on this right after I joined. A guy sued over his computer being broken into during a warrant search when he refused to give the password, I'm fairly certain the courts ruled that the search of the computer was valid.
    By merely stating I don't consent, I haven't refused to allow the warrant to be served. I was advised on this by my former attorney, who's now a judge; and he said never consent, always say you don't consent to any search. Just going off what he said.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't be jealous that I'm retired at 40 and you're still slinging Big Macs at 60

Does that sound familiar? Post 377,

I didn't open any door you fool you are the one who is contnusly worried about how much time I spend on here;??
    Your choice of terms is very, very often, uh, shall I say, not too good or accurate. Me WORRIED? hahaha

and further telling you it is none of your business is not even close to whining about it like a little girl.?
    hahahahha

Not only am I smarter than you,?
    hahahahhahhahahah
    and not only could I kick your ass,?
    hhahahahah hahaahhahha bwahahahahhahahah

I would choose wisdom over all of your superior talents, and dont go thinking for one second you have any at all.

I also apparently am so far in your head that I should be paying rent.?
    BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

How about getting back to the topic?
    YOU FIRST.
    I DONT CLAIM TO KN0OW ANYTHING ABOUT HUMAN NATURE
    N
    OIR DO I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CRITICAL THINKING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    By merely stating I don't consent, I haven't refused to allow the warrant to be served. I was advised on this by my former attorney, who's now a judge; and he said never consent, always say you don't consent to any search. Just going off what he said.
    exactly, cuz it simply cant hurt.

But our resident police gestapo officer doesnt like being told NO, when he gives an order. So he wants us to think we cant.
    WRONG
    N

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well of course you can say whatever you want, and no one is ever oR SHOULD EVER, get in trouble for that. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. All I was saying that objecting to a search wasn't going to prevent a valid warrant from being served.

We evidently were discussing two different points. Probably my fault for misunderstanding you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You do NOT have the right to refuse them if they have a warrant. In fact the first thing we did when serving no knock warrants was put everyone in the house in handcuffs and remove them from the house before we started the search.
    You must really miss that...locking people up
    N

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvRPgrl View Post
    You must really miss that...locking people up
    If I really missed it, I have 5 outstanding job offers, and that doesn't even include the option of rejoining the military.

Not to mention what a stupid remark anyway. It was a job, nothing more , to me. Sure there are some law enforcement people who enjoy the power, but to most it's just a job.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I really missed it, I have 5 outstanding job offers, and that doesn't even include the option of rejoining the military.

Not to mention what a stupid remark anyway. It was a job, nothing more , to me. Sure there are some law enforcement people who enjoy the power, but to most it's just a job.
    I still think you miss it.
    LMaybe wifey wont let you go back to work
    N

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well of course you can say whatever you want, and no one is ever oR SHOULD EVER, get in trouble for that. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. All I was saying that objecting to a search wasn't going to prevent a valid warrant from being served.

We evidently were discussing two different points. Probably my fault for misunderstanding you.
    Quite frankly, objecting to an invalid search warrant won't prevent it from being served; but, nonetheless, I need to preserve what rights I do have, including establishing a defense.

Two points/ Sorta. You're looking at it from the perspective of law enforcement, I'm looking at it from the side of the citizen. Its not that its your fault, just what you've been trained to be aware of as part of your job duties--a job I don't want, so I don't condemn those who do. What I take issue with, or rather have concern over, is most citizens aren't trained on their rights, and too often people think the police will preserve their rights--but they're mistaken. Again, its not the fault of LE, it's just that LE protects and serves, not defends and exonerates.

If a cop wants search my house or person, I don't consent, but I won't resist you. I'm a pleasant person to deal with, so don't think I'd be an asshole to a cop--that's just dumb. My goal is to get the police to leave me be so they can attend to more pressing issues like terrorists, murders and rapists...which i'm not, am I free to go?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I still think you miss it.
    LMaybe wifey wont let you go back to work
    Please keep all references to my family out of your comments directed at me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quite frankly, objecting to an invalid search warrant won't prevent it from being served; but, nonetheless, I need to preserve what rights I do have, including establishing a defense.

Two points/ Sorta. You're looking at it from the perspective of law enforcement, I'm looking at it from the side of the citizen. Its not that its your fault, just what you've been trained to be aware of as part of your job duties--a job I don't want, so I don't condemn those who do. What I take issue with, or rather have concern over, is most citizens aren't trained on their rights, and too often people think the police will preserve their rights--but they're mistaken. Again, its not the fault of LE, it's just that LE protects and serves, not defends and exonerates.

If a cop wants search my house or person, I don't consent, but I won't resist you. I'm a pleasant person to deal with, so don't think I'd be an asshole to a cop--that's just dumb. My goal is to get the police to leave me be so they can attend to more pressing issues like terrorists, murders and rapists...which i'm not, am I free to go?
    I get what you're saying and you are correct. Other than reading a card one time the police are under no obligation to make sure you know your rights. And other than making sure that any evidence obtained is admissible in court, some cops couldn't care less about respecting your rights. BUT on the whole, most LEO are acutely aware of and respect that they in fact hired to protect.

I was actually trained as an MP long before I was TAD to the DEA so in fact most of the stuff I learned had to be relearned so to speak, b/c in the military the Bill of Rights may as well not exist. Now true, the UCMJ does afford many of the same rights to suspects as the BoR , not all.

As to your last sentence. Generally speaking the quiet, cooperative person is far more likely to walk from minor transgressions than the loud mouth obnoxious dude who is running his mouth about his rights is. Also generally speaking the louder a person he is in situations like that, the more likely he is to be guilty of something, and LE knows that fact.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I get what you're saying and you are correct. Other than reading a card one time the police are under no obligation to make sure you know your rights. And other than making sure that any evidence obtained is admissible in court, some cops couldn't care less about respecting your rights. BUT on the whole, most LEO are acutely aware of and respect that they in fact hired to protect.

I was actually trained as an MP long before I was TAD to the DEA so in fact most of the stuff I learned had to be relearned so to speak, b/c in the military the Bill of Rights may as well not exist. Now true, the UCMJ does afford many of the same rights to suspects as the BoR , not all.

As to your last sentence. Generally speaking the quiet, cooperative person is far more likely to walk from minor transgressions than the loud mouth obnoxious dude who is running his mouth about his rights is. Also generally speaking the louder a person he is in situations like that, the more likely he is to be guilty of something, and LE knows that fact.
    Please don't misunderstand me, as I'm not saying LE doesn't respect my rights, they just aren't concerned with preserving them. I'm under no obligation to answer their questions, beyond name, ID, registration etc, but I've NEVER heard of cop telling somebody that. But to get back to issue of this thread, and how this applies, if nobody refuses consent to the TSA searches, they are assumed to be voluntary. Not to say that makes them unconstitutional, but in giving consent--they automatically are.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please don't misunderstand me, as I'm not saying LE doesn't respect my rights, they just aren't concerned with preserving them. I'm under no obligation to answer their questions, beyond name, ID, registration etc, but I've NEVER heard of cop telling somebody that. But to get back to issue of this thread, and how this applies, if nobody refuses consent to the TSA searches, they are assumed to be voluntary. Not to say that makes them unconstitutional, but in giving consent--they automatically are.
    I think most ARE concerned with preserving your rights in MOST cases. yes of course if they are after a murderer or something they don't give a shit about a suspects rights; BUt if you're pulled over for speeding or something like that, then yes training says protecting your rights is of the utmost concern. I know the popular opinion is to say that police are just looking for a reason to arrest people , but its simply not true. Probably 1 out of 100 encounters between police and civilians results in an arrest.

And of course as you say, the searches at airports are 100% constitutional. A better argument would be constitutional or not, are they NECESSARY? On THAT I would say no there are better ways of doing things in most cases.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please keep all references to my family out of your comments directed at me.
    I didnt say anything remotely disparaging about your wife,
    and YOU OPENED the door on that yourself you hypocrite.
    If you dont want someone talking about your family, then dont say shit about others.
    N

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Laserjet 4050 laser
    N

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I didnt say anything remotely disparaging about your wife,
    and YOU OPENED the door on that yourself you hypocrite.
    If you dont want someone talking about your family, then dont say shit about others.
    I didn't say you said anything disparaging about her retard. I asked that you just don't bring my family up at all. And no I didn't open the door for you to say shit about them in this thread