Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    How bout "Fatty Forum"...or something with a sexual overtures, like "Chub Club."

Kind of aside, but not really. I had my annual mall trip today, shopping for the wife, and a kiosk girl tried selling me on some sort of wickless candle air freshener, I said i'd buy if they had a bacon scent...Seriously though, how great would it be if you kitchen smelled like bacon? Mmmmm, bacon.
    My wife sells that kind of stuff and I tell her the same thing!

I am waiting for all this workout/diet stuff to kick in on the romance side but it just aint happenin! Like my kids say "You can't do anything about the ugly, Dad".
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    It sure isn't easy! I pretty much meet the standard for a 54 year old. Situps are the toughest. It's a good thing there are a lot of them built into the cross fit routines we do. Believe me, when I retired, I quit doing ANYTHING and blossomed to a very robust 220 pounds which is really bad for a guy 5'9". Tried a diet or two after a couple of years but just couldn't seem to stay on it. Did manage to lose about 30 pounds and keep it off. This last 12 weeks have been awesome though. My weight is coming down ever so slowly but not fluctuating like when I tried to diet. Not that any of this is easy. If it was, we would all be "beautiful people".

It can be done and I guess what I am trying to say is ... HANG IN THERE whoever is trying to get healthy!
    Speaking of hanging in there ... try about 20 hanging leg raises instead of situps.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Do we have a second and third to the motion?
    Sure. I'm there.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My wife sells that kind of stuff and I tell her the same thing!

I am waiting for all this workout/diet stuff to kick in on the romance side but it just aint happenin! Like my kids say "You can't do anything about the ugly, Dad".
    Y'know, some women look more on the inside than the outside. Somehow I doubt that you're "ugly" in either respect.

Of course, if you have lots of money, you can be ugly, look like Shamu, have walleye vision, halitosis, tourette's syndrome, mange, a bad toupe AND and ugly dog. You'll still have women swarming. Is that helpful?
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Your close but a little off. Naked and bare foot would reduce weight. Can't have that. The full combat pack is correct. Only the biggest guys in the platoon would have the M60's. The rest would carry M14's. The snow would only be there if it's available. UPHILL both ways is correct.

Our senior drill sergeant in basic was a Marine. First thing he told us was " You are not getting Marine boot training here. But I'm going to get as close to it as I can." I think the only thing that was missing was the hands on discipline.
    Hey ... I had to hump that f-ing 60. At least I didn't have to hump my own ammo though ....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. I was talking about the guys who went commando during training where you get a shower everyday, etc. I too did the PT thing in combat boots; heck I used to smoke while running (plt sgt bringing up the rear...heh). As I remember, when PT/first started becoming really important, there was no PT uniform except as you describe and the test consisted of things like run/dodge/jump and grenade throw (???). It was just stupid. On a side not, I always hated wading streams etc because of the leeches. There were leeches without crossing streams for cryin out loud. I hate leeches!
    I've actually run the first mile and a half with a smoke hanging from my lips. In boots. Uphill in 6" of snow. Both ways. Naked but for the boots. Carrying a twin .50.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Y'know, some women look more on the inside than the outside. Somehow I doubt that you're "ugly" in either respect.

Of course, if you have lots of money, you can be ugly, look like Shamu, have walleye vision, halitosis, tourette's syndrome, mange, a bad toupe AND and ugly dog. You'll still have women swarming. Is that helpful?
    You just described me perfectly (except for the money part)!!!!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Speaking of hanging in there ... try about 20 hanging leg raises instead of situps.
    Yep. That's one of the change up exercises. I like hollow rocks insted of plain old crunches too.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You just described me perfectly (except for the money part)!!!!
    Assuming you have enough to pay your bills and have internet, the money is negotiable.

How ugly is the dog?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Assuming you have enough to pay your bills and have internet, the money is negotiable.

How ugly is the dog?
    Debt free (finally!) and the dog is a longhaired Chihuahau with a napoleon complex. Meanest little thing I have ever seen on 4 legs. I don't know why but he seems to like me (wife's dog, supposedly) and hates everybody else.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I've actually run the first mile and a half with a smoke hanging from my lips. In boots. Uphill in 6" of snow. Both ways. Naked but for the boots. Carrying a twin .50.
    LOL! I always felt bad for the poor slug carrying the mortar baseplate. Fortunately that wasn' t me!
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Debt free (finally!) and the dog is a longhaired Chihuahau with a napoleon complex. Meanest little thing I have ever seen on 4 legs. I don't know why but he seems to like me (wife's dog, supposedly) and hates everybody else.
    Hmmmm ... that could be tough to overcome. We could send Marvin (the resident fat-@ssed cat that I adopted a year ago) to give your dog an attitude adjustment. Marvin weighs probably 25+ lbs and thinks he rules the world.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Hmmmm ... that could be tough to overcome. We could send Marvin (the resident fat-@ssed cat that I adopted a year ago) to give your dog an attitude adjustment. Marvin weighs probably 25+ lbs and thinks he rules the world.
    Your cat weighs far more than the dog. That stupid dog attacked a St. Bernard last week and ran that bugger off. I doubt the cat would survive.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your cat weighs far more than the dog. That stupid dog attacked a St. Bernard last week and ran that bugger off. I doubt the cat would survive.
    I dunno. The cat - even sans claws - can make the 6 yr. old Gunny Jr. cry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Your close but a little off. Naked and bare foot would reduce weight. Can't have that. The full combat pack is correct. Only the biggest guys in the platoon would have the M60's. The rest would carry M14's. The snow would only be there if it's available. UPHILL both ways is correct.

Our senior drill sergeant in basic was a Marine. First thing he told us was " You are not getting Marine boot training here. But I'm going to get as close to it as I can." I think the only thing that was missing was the hands on discipline.
    Damned jarheads.