Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zefrendylia View Post
    I'm sorry, but who is the "gay and lesbian lobby" and what makes them powerful? The way I see it, the U.S. is probably the least progressive developed democracy when it comes to LGBT rights. If the lobby was so powerful, I would at least expect to see our civil rights on par with Europe (i.e. several countries allow gays to serve openly in the military). I agree that yes, homosexuality is being portrayed more in pop culture i.e. Will and Grace, Queer Eye, and Brokeback Mountain but I think that's just a sign of the changing times. Yes, BBM stirred up controversy and outrage, but nowhere near what it could've been a decade ago. There was also a time when African-Americans were considered sub-human, then second-class citizens, and today recognized as equals at least in the mainstream. Our feelings toward gays will eventually change as well and not just through gay activism but through the understanding, compassion, and acceptance of straight Americans.

I disagree, and your comparison of blacks with homos has been tried before, only to the ire of blacks.

You can't compare slavery with a preversion. Try again. We've all heard this tripe here before.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I disagree, and your comparison of blacks with homos has been tried before, only to the ire of blacks.

You can't compare slavery with a preversion. Try again. We've all heard this tripe here before.
    Tripe? Damn, that's pretty arrogant. My point is highlighting the principle of injustice by which both blacks and gays have endured. Yeah, blacks weren't considered to be "perverted" just sub-human--totally different. You can think gays or homos if you prefer, are sick perversions, unholy, etc. etc. That's fine. I think it's wrong, but you're entitled to your own beliefs. I also think the prejudice you have against gays, is no different than the prejudice committed against blacks and every minority in this country from its inception.

Prejudice is evil because it is based on fear and ignorance. Fear and ignorance leads to hatred and violence. How can the word of Jesus teach love and acceptance for all God's children, then tell you to despise a group of those children? You're likening gays to murderers, pedophiles, and thieves when that is the farthest thing from the truth. Maybe moral criminals? But the Bible condemns adultery as well. Last I heard Newt Gingrich, an admitted cheater was running for the Republican ticket. Do you condemn him as well?

How many gays do you have as close friends? Perhaps none? Perhaps you don't want to know any because as a young child you were raised through social reinforcement to believe that gays are fags, queers, sick, perverted people to be loathed. What would happen if your best friend confessed to you that he was gay? He tried and tried to be "normal" but he knew since he was a kid that he was "different." He was the same person overall, just attracted to the same sex. Would you kick his ass or sever the friendship? Because you're afraid that if he became attracted to you, that would somehow make you gay? Can't you see he's almost exactly the same friend you've always had?

When I speak about injustice, I'm talking about laws that are enacted to prevent gays or any minority from having equal rights. So you don't want them to disgrace the picture of a holy Christian union by allowing them to marry. I got it. Letting them have equal domestic partnership rights is a positive first step. Let them have the same rights as any other American is entitled to have. That's the only tripe I'm trying to make.
    Last edited by zefrendylia; 05-03-2007 at 01:18 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    Well, you sure do seem obsessed with homosexuality. I wonder why.
    There you go with the "you must be gay" insult.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Let us first define normal.
    Normal is what most people do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    There you go with the "you must be gay" insult.
    Well, what's with the preoccupation? Why the insistence on banning homo marriage and hating on homos if you're not one? Seems like you'd have no reason to meddle with homo affairs if you're straight. If you were closeted and hated yourself for it, I could see why you would lash out against the gay community the way you do. What other explanation is there? Would you rather we call you nazis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Normal is what most people do.
    I don't know. Most people watch reality tv. I don't think that's normal.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Well, what's with the preoccupation? Why the insistence on banning homo marriage and hating on homos if you're not one? Seems like you'd have no reason to meddle with homo affairs if you're straight. If you were closeted and hated yourself for it, I could see why you would lash out against the gay community the way you do. What other explanation is there? Would you rather we call you nazis?
    John Walsh is arguably preoccupied with catching and punishing killers. Is he a closeted murderer?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

If someone was building a trailer park next to your neighborhood full of nice old colonials, would you be concerned, or just let your investment go to the dogs? Now bring that up 50 notches to effect your society.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    John Walsh is arguably preoccupied with catching and punishing killers. Is he a closeted murderer?
    No, his son was taken from him by a murderer. He's like batman. Please, no more non-sequitors.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

No, his son was taken from him by a murderer. He's like batman. Please, no more non-sequitors.
    It's an apt comparison nonetheless,and hardly a non-sequitur. Either way, there are tons of people who feel strongly about issues that have not personally affected them. Are they all just closet examples of what they are concerned with? Are people who speak out against over-eating and lack of exercise really closet fatties?

You simply cannot make assumptions like that about people who feel strongly about a particular subject, especially when their objections are based on moral beliefs.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

It's an apt comparison nonetheless,and hardly a non-sequitur. Either way, there are tons of people who feel strongly about issues that have not personally affected them. Are they all just closet examples of what they are concerned with? Are people who speak out against over-eating and lack of exercise really closet fatties?

You simply cannot make assumptions like that about people who feel strongly about a particular subject, especially when their objections are based on moral beliefs.
    Excellent post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't say moral. I'd say religious. There is a distinct difference. There's nothing moral about discrimination and denying people their right to happiness. I don't think it should be any of your concern if two men or two women love each other enough to get married. And I gave you an out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Blacks and queers are totally different subjects, one was born that way(Blacks) and the other chooses to live the lifestyle and in life choices have consequences, society has deemed homosexuality to be a vile and perverse lifestyle choice and is completely justified in denying people who CHOOSE to engage in this certain benefits. Now these denied benefits are still available to said people but they would have to change the parameters in which they live their lives to access these benefits.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Loose and Baron Von Douchebag's silence in this thread speaks volumes....I own them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Blacks and queers are totally different subjects, one was born that way(Blacks) and the other chooses to live the lifestyle and in life choices have consequences, society has deemed homosexuality to be a vile and perverse lifestyle choice and is completely justified in denying people who CHOOSE to engage in this certain benefits. Now these denied benefits are still available to said people but they would have to change the parameters in which they live their lives to access these benefits.
    You don't know that. The only way you could is if you chose to be gay. Is that a choice you can make?