Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Heteros choose to engage in gay activity in prison all the time...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Good point. And soldiers apparently did the same in antiquity. But, are these occurrences consensual or are they instances of smaller straight males being raped by large homosexual men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Good point. And soldiers apparently did the same in antiquity. But, are these occurrences consensual or are they instances of smaller straight males being raped by large homosexual men?
    What makes you think it was just done in antiquity? Perhaps the rule against gays in the military is there to avoid temptation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    If a Christian organization reviewed the study, I'd support/believe it. Then, I'd hope people would strive to find a 'cure' to the defect.

He's not close-minded to the idea is he? You said he wishes he could be normal.
    It's amazing how far this thread has gone considering its rather confrontational beginnings and title. Kudos, for a rational in-depth discussion!

I don't know what a Christian organization has to do with verifying a scientific study, but shoot I'll go along with it. I hope you realize that there are also many Christians and Christian groups that do support gay rights.

When perusing the Internet(s) for studies on homosexuals its amazing how many of those so-called "family-oriented" sites are discussing the issue (rather negatively I might add). But I did find one interesting article from the Boston Globe:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/mag...es_people_gay/

I just thought it was fascinating how 2 boys, twins, could be raised exactly the same and one show clearly feminine tendencies while the other completely opposite. As I said before, nothing definitive and the scientific community isn't really shelling out the big bucks for a study so I guess it isn't that importantto mainstream society. I read a statistic that says over half the Fortune 500 companies offer "domestic partnership benefits." Like I said to that other guy, times are changing.

Is my friend close-minded about receiving therapy? All I can say is that he told me, he knew from a very young age he was gay. Dick Cheney's daughter says the same thing. Now are they all liars or confused? I wouldn't say that of my friend but I guess it's in the realm of possibility no matter how remote that is. You have to understand how complex the human body is. Sexual attraction is not simply a physical or mental "desire." It's an immense reaction between thousands of nerves and hormones. The likelihood of something happening out of the ordinary in the biological developmental stages is very good. If my friend could change to please his parents, I think he would have--but he said he just couldn't. On PBS the other night was a documentary about Mormons. One mormon who is gay, had it all--wife, children, house, reputation--but he said he always knew it was a charade--he was empty inside.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Try reading my thread about gender identity confusion. The homophobes have not been able to muster the intelligence to do so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    What makes you think it was just done in antiquity? Perhaps the rule against gays in the military is there to avoid temptation.
    Perhaps some former Navy person could tell us what happens while at sea for 6 months.. I've heard some stories.

These things happen under extreme conditions. Once out of jail, off the sea duty, normalcy is returned. I'm not saying 100% participate, but it's not uncommon from what I understand.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Perhaps some former Navy person could tell us what happens while at sea for 6 months.. I've heard some stories.

These things happen under extreme conditions. Once out of jail, off the sea duty, normalcy is returned. I'm not saying 100% participate, but it's not uncommon from what I understand.
    Hence the saying, "Any port in a storm",
    or
    "Love the one you're with"
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Loose and Baron don't run this time, lets have at it, fire away!

Wait, i'll start your talking points off since libs are like a broken record of defeated viewpoints on this subject, i'm homophobic or I must be a homosexual lifestyle choice perversionist lol
    I think gays should be allowed to have civil unions. Marriage is for those that want or need to have God's Blessing for their union. Most gays just want the same things that hetereos get... visitation rights in the hospital, wills, joint ownership, legal matters, not moral ones...

But I'm not afraid of gay people. Are you?
    Lost your job? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your house? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your life savings? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your health care? Thank the republicans!
    Lost all Hope? Thank the republicans!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    Well, you sure do seem obsessed with homosexuality. I wonder why.
    Good point...

why is that, OCA? why are you obsessed with homosexuals? Have you been hit on by one? or are you mad cuz you weren't?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zefrendylia View Post
    It's amazing how far this thread has gone considering its rather confrontational beginnings and title. Kudos, for a rational in-depth discussion!

I don't know what a Christian organization has to do with verifying a scientific study, but shoot I'll go along with it. I hope you realize that there are also many Christians and Christian groups that do support gay rights.
    Homosexuality is INCOMPATIBLE with Christianity. I mentioned a Christian group because I believe a Christian group could OBJECTIVELY compare and research such claims.

When perusing the Internet(s) for studies on homosexuals its amazing how many of those so-called "family-oriented" sites are discussing the issue (rather negatively I might add). But I did find one interesting article from the Boston Globe:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/mag...es_people_gay/

I just thought it was fascinating how 2 boys, twins, could be raised exactly the same and one show clearly feminine tendencies while the other completely opposite.
    By some measure I have feminine tendencies. What I see happening is people PUSHING somebody to participate in homosexuality based on a soft, caring, humble, nice, well-groomed personality. That twins article sure speaks against the idea of a gay gene, eh?

Is my friend close-minded about receiving therapy? All I can say is that he told me, he knew from a very young age he was gay. Dick Cheney's daughter says the same thing. Now are they all liars or confused?
    Absolutely cornfused. They are misguided.

I wouldn't say that of my friend but I guess it's in the realm of possibility no matter how remote that is. You have to understand how complex the human body is. Sexual attraction is not simply a physical or mental "desire." It's an immense reaction between thousands of nerves and hormones.
    But dude - you're still talking about DESIRE...not about actions. People with a strong desire to participate SHOULD seek therapy/help.

The likelihood of something happening out of the ordinary in the biological developmental stages is very good. If my friend could change to please his parents, I think he would have--but he said he just couldn't.
    He 'couldn't' or 'wouldnt'? i vote the latter. Most ppl dont want to think they are lacking - especially in something so personal.

On PBS the other night was a documentary about Mormons. One mormon who is gay, had it all--wife, children, house, reputation--but he said he always knew it was a charade--he was empty inside.
    I watched that show! Was VERY informative/interesting.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    There it is OCA. The first liberal insinuating you're a fag. Just as you predicted.
    Well, PR, you have to admit that he sure talks alot about fucking men in their ass...

now I am a guy... but when I talk with other guys about sex, I don't talk about fucking men... how about you? when you're with your pals, do you make comments about the nice ass on that GUY? or do you talk about women, like most red blooded american men do?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post
    like most red blooded...
    I thought you said "red head" when I first read this and I got excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Baptised yes, what I consider to be a practicing hardcore Christian no.

What is mistaken for unhappiness is possibly a mental condition.
    in other words, you're a lip service christian... in name only...

and what, if anything, gives you the right to determine what is happiness? You can of course, do it for yourself, but that's it... you don't get to determine everyone's definition.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    No. Not at all. They should have all the rights to go with the union. I just feel marriage is for a man and woman.

I really don't give a ratass what faggots do. It's when they start pushing their agenda in school, trying to pass laws that stiffle opposing opinions, and try and tell people they're normal, that I have a huge problem with them.

They should just keep their shit packing, cock sucking ways behind closed doors out of sight. It's sick and disgusting, and normal poeple don't want to hear or see anything about it. Because like most, the more I'm forced to hear about fags pushing this and that, in schools trying to indoctrinate little boys and girls, and pass laws trying to shut normal up, it really pisses me off. It makes me dislike them even more.
    Link?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
    You do all realise OCA posts for laughs and reactions are what he laughs at?

He's a nice guy really, when you reply to him, it's not always him, most times it is the mood he is in that you are talking to.
    uh huh... yeah right... back away from the koolaid, roomy...