Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    So if the if we believe the stereotype is somehow deserved then the majority who don't fit it deserve what they get? Collateral damage?
    Does that apply to women too? there are a few negative stereotypes about women that have some basis in fact ,do u want others to ASSUME them about you until you prove otherwise? or do i need to slap you around some 1st before you catch my meaning honey?

ya see what i mean?
    Rev, you are avoiding the question. Why/how/when did "young, black men" get sterotyped as criminals?

This is typical liberal bias ... when one enters a discussion and asks questions about how things have come to pass...rather than focusing on the facts and answering the questions, they attack the questioner and try to shame them into compliance with their own personal reasoning.

I have not said young, black men are criminals. I have not said this young child deserved to die. I have merely asked those of you who have insisted it is a racist/hate crime to back up your assertions. Even if you think it is racial profiling ... tell me what factors are part of the racial profiling of young, black men. Where and when did this profile develop, etc.?

Who the hell knows ... maybe the shooter will one day confess that he hates young, black men because of something that happened to him personally in the past. Would it then be a racist incident ... or just revenge? Who knows????? You don't; I don't.

But quit trying to make every shooting of a non-white, by a white into a racist event. Sometimes it's is just a man shooting a child because they were overreacting to the situation.

So, regardless of whether the original incident is racially motivated this is what is developing.

The media feeding frenzy surrounding the suspicious death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin continues, and yet more racially-motivated actors are climbing out of the woodwork. Last night, Al Sharpton invited the grieving parents and family attorney onto his show, and joined in venting rage against the Florida Justice system.Whether or not the shooting was motivated by racial animus, groups with precisely that motivation are involved now.

Enter the New Black Liberation Militia (NBLM), a militant group in the mold of the Black Panthers, headed by a man styling himself “Prince Najee Muhammad.“ The NBLM intends to march straight into Florida and perform a ”citizen’s arrest” on Martin’s shooter, George Zimmerman as a substitute for the arrest they believe should have happened. From the Associated Press story on this new development:
    Members of a self-described black militia group will attempt a citizen’s arrest on a white neighborhood watch leader who has admitted to fatally shooting an unarmed African-American teen in an Orlando suburb, but has not been charged, a leader of the group said Thursday.
    Members of The New Black Liberation Militia plan to take 28-year-old George Zimmerman to federal authorities this week since local police haven’t acted, said Najee Muhammad, a leader of the militia group.
    “We’ll find him. We’ve got his mug shot and everything,” Muhammad said.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/well...artin-shooter/
    But, let's not use this as a basis for profiling.

Here's the 911 calls

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/GRA...z/-/index.html
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    Let's review the facts. Teenage boy walking home with skittles and ice tea is percieived by armed neighborhood watch guy who percieves the kid as "suspicious". The guy is ALLOWED to kill this child because he felt "threatened". Yet is it the armed killer that gets out of his car and intimidates the kid. How threatened could he be if he gets out of the car to confront the kid with his gun at the ready?

Now add the color. White guy thinks this kid looks suspicious because the kid is black and is wearing a hoodie?

Too bad the guy's NOT white.
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I agree that Wind is once again displaying her tendency towards all minorities being persecuted, including blacks, gays, transgenders, etc.

However, this case seems more a problem with neighborhood watch groups, rather than profiling.

If the guy wasn't carrying, this would have been a tussle. But he was. This guy may have been 'profiling,' but without any training and even if really law enforcement, they aren't supposed to do so, wrongly, in my opinion. I think profiling is commonsense, but with training and experience.

Truth is, this 'kid' seems to have been killed in cold blood, as far as information is current. Might change, but seems the kid didn't want to kowtow and the vigilante neighborhood watch guy had a piece.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/2...h-trayvon.html

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You guys want to make this a race issue when there is no evidence of race playing a part, other than that the 2 involved are of different races. The rest is assumption.
    So Obama being a black man was not and is not a issue that influcences black and whites preception of him. Race should not be an issue anywhere but your being stupid if you don't think it influcenses a lot of crap. Just the number of racist comments that have flown across this forum should show you that race is an issue. I don't know you family but in many non black families a female family member wanted to marry a black guy , who happened to have a personally just like the girls father. he might be accepted by a lot of the family in time but i'd GUESS it would not be an overnight and one reason is his race. Some may NEVER get over it. that's just the way it is.
    On the job if everyone is of one race and a new hire is black part of his/her intergration will be overcoming any racial tensions. If you were black and went into an all white neighborhood would you expect that some people might fell uncomfortable becuase of your race or would you just expect everyone to treat you just as if you were another white guy they had never seen? Race is an issue ignoring it and denying it doesn't make it go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelarts
    everyone of those blacks that are caught go to jail,
    And you think EVERY black that kills a white person is caught and go to jail? LOL....
    please read what i said more carefully, thanks.

You guys do the same with terrorists. Protect them and/or the techniques used to kill/capture them - but never a peep about the neverending deaths they cause.
    So an innocent kid is compared to a terrorist now? why, Because he's black? Well no it's not that, is it because he's dead, therefore he must have done something wrong? why are you talking about
    terrorist?!?!?! if you defend the right of an innocent black kid to walk the streets it's like defending known terrorist?!??! WTH.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This boy should not have been killed. Are we now empowering "neighborhood watch groups" to shoot anyone they think is "suspicious"?

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Previous ARREST record, eh? Was he convicted? What is a "nutjob"? One man's lunatic is another man's philosopher. It's annoying to see situations judged on WHO was involved rather than WHAT they have done. While it's important to convict and sentence the guilty, it's equally important to avoid a repeat of the Duke LaCrosse case, see below for reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case
    Your "philosopher" shot an unarmed child guilty of nothing but eating skittles. This man saw a "boogie man" instead of a child.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Your "philosopher" shot an unarmed child guilty of nothing but eating skittles. This man saw a "boogie man" instead of a child.
    He ate no Skittles, they were for his brother. More evidence of your spin.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    He ate no Skittles, they were for his brother. More evidence of your spin.
    I'm sure the fact of whether he merely "carried" the skittles or ate them is a really important fact.
    Bottom line. Innocent child murdered for nothing.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Too bad the guy's NOT white.
    WS is a blatant racist. He doesn't care about reason or facts. WS is an example of the worst of mankind in that regard; self-centered, ideological-driven without the capacity for sound thought, or an open mind.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    WS is a blatant racist. He doesn't care about reason or facts. WS is an example of the worst of mankind in that regard; self-centered, ideological-driven without the capacity for sound thought, or an open mind.
    It's pretty funny that WS ran in wagging the racist finger while assuming black victim equals white shooter.
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    It's pretty funny that WS ran in wagging the racist finger while assuming black victim equals white shooter.
    Clearly, this was a racially motivated killing. WFTV says there is a racial slur in the 911 call.
    My mistake, the guy's last name is Zimmerman. How was I to surmise he is mixed race?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm sure the fact of whether he merely "carried" the skittles or ate them is a really important fact.
    Bottom line. Innocent child murdered for nothing.
    So you posted that only for spin. Got it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Clearly, this was a racially motivated killing.
    If everyone is disagreeing with you that it was, it's not so clear. Clearly. Further going down that logical path, if you are the only one that thinks it was, then probably it clearly was not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It appears that Sassy thinks racial profiling is justified.

Since this "stand your ground" law was enacted in Florida, in 2005, homicide murders have tripled.

How was racial profiling justified in this case? Was the boy carrying a knife, a gun? No, skittles and iced tea.
    And I see we decided to skip my "The man's fucking crazy" thought, but that seems to follow your trend of only answering the points you feel are easily defended. Nowhere in your article does it state that there was racism involved, save for the op-ed of the author. You have no definitive proof of your claims, and it on you, not us, to prove your points that you asserted. You started this run, that means its on you to answer others. All this "Do your own reading" crap is just arrogance
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Clearly, this was a racially motivated killing. WFTV says there is a racial slur in the 911 call.
    My mistake, the guy's last name is Zimmerman. How was I to surmise he is mixed race?
    I recommend waiting for more facts rather than jumping to conclusions. As for the name, Thomas Jefferson and George Jefferson, how would one surmise one is a white guy and one is black?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    So Obama being a black man was not and is not a issue that influcences black and whites preception of him. Race should not be an issue anywhere but your being stupid if you don't think it influcenses a lot of crap. Just the number of racist comments that have flown across this forum should show you that race is an issue. I don't know you family but in many non black families a female family member wanted to marry a black guy , who happened to have a personally just like the girls father. he might be accepted by a lot of the family in time but i'd GUESS it would not be an overnight and one reason is his race. Some may NEVER get over it. that's just the way it is.
    On the job if everyone is of one race and a new hire is black part of his/her intergration will be overcoming any racial tensions. If you were black and went into an all white neighborhood would you expect that some people might fell uncomfortable becuase of your race or would you just expect everyone to treat you just as if you were another white guy they had never seen? Race is an issue ignoring it and denying it doesn't make it go away.
    All that babbling and you didn't address my point - which is that there is NO evidence of race playing a part in this shooting. NONE.

So an innocent kid is compared to a terrorist now? why, Because he's black? Well no it's not that, is it because he's dead, therefore he must have done something wrong? why are you talking about
    terrorist?!?!?! if you defend the right of an innocent black kid to walk the streets it's like defending known terrorist?!??! WTH.
    I made no such comparison. Simply pointing out that some hypocrisy knows no boundaries. You defend when it suits you, but ignore many, many worse crimes.

So now that your inane rambling is done, and I see WS still hasn't posted it - can YOU post any proof that this incident was about race, or solely about race? Because absent that proof, this would appear to be either self defense as the hispanic man claimed, or a horrible crime that he committed. But even if that's the case, I don't see how race becomes a factor in matters, absent evidence/proof. So stop foaming at the mouth as usual and stick more with facts and proof.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock