Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    I'm ignoring YOU, yes. You want to know what proof I have that this incident was racist. Perhaps, the guy whispering "fuckin coons" on the 911 tape is proof for some people, the ones who hear it clearly. Sirius XM radio talk host Joe Madison claims to have enhanced the publicly available 911 recording and posted it on his website, which indeed does sound very similar to the alleged racial slur.

The Miami Herald wrote that neighbors interviewed said that "Zimmerman went door-to-door asking residents to be on the lookout, specifically referring to young black men who appeared to be outsiders, and warned that some were caught lurking.

What I know in my heart about this incident comes from a lifetime of experience and from talking to African American families, none of whom was surprised, but all were saddened by this killing. Think Emmett Till.
    When you fixate on a racial component, you distract from the addressing WHAT was done as opposed to the demographics of who did it. If the shooter is guilty of involuntary manslaughter with a firearm his goose is cooked. You seem to think racial bias is a greater crime than manslaughter. Let me guess: You think such a racist pig isn't entitled to a fair trial in front of an impartial jury.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    When you fixate on a racial component, you distract from the addressing WHAT was done as opposed to the demographics of who did it. If the shooter is guilty of involuntary manslaughter with a firearm his goose is cooked. You seem to think racial bias is a greater crime than manslaughter. Let me guess: You think such a racist pig isn't entitled to a fair trial in front of an impartial jury.

Nonsense. He deserves a fair trial.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Why doesn't it surprise me that I come back after a good nights sleep and still see no proof in here. Oh well, hopefully the police and court system will sort it all out. And hopefully they won't make up the story as they go along based on their emotions and neglecting the facts.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

What no one has really touched upon yet - Zimmerman hasn't even been arrested. If the crap being posted here is "proof", then why hasn't he been charged, and charged with a hate crime no less?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Why doesn't it surprise me that I come back after a good nights sleep and still see no proof in here. Oh well, hopefully the police and court system will sort it all out. And hopefully they won't make up the story as they go along based on their emotions and neglecting the facts.

I'm not the guy's lawyer or the families. I don't have prove anything. This is my opinion. I share it with many other people.

If you want to ignore racism, stay ignorant.

Do you think Zimmerman was right to kill Trayvon Martin because he "looked suspicious and was wearing a hoodie"? Even LE told him to back off. Zimmerman was trigger happy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    I'm not the guy's lawyer or the families. I don't have prove anything. This is my opinion. I share it with many other people.

If you want to ignore racism, stay ignorant.
    YOU claimed there was proof though, and even stated where to find it - but REFUSE to post it. As many have stated here already, NONE of the things you claimed as proof actually are - aka the 911 call and eyewitnesses. YOU claimed they proved this man acted solely based on race - and it CLEARLY shows no such thing. No skin off my back if you want to backtrack and hide instead of simply backing up your claims. Makes YOU look stupid and ignorant, not me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And please answer my other question, Wing Nut, why do you think this man hasn't even been arrested?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

If the kid attacked Zimmerman, I wonder if WS would assume the kid attacked Z out of racism.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

If people would actually read the facts of this case, they would find that there is little racism involved. It's more about a guy who wanted desperately to be a hero. Someone who, as a member of a "neighborhood watch," had called 911 close to 50 times in the space of a year. A guy who called 911 to report a "suspicious person" walking in his gated neighborhood. When asked by the 911 dispatcher not to do anything further, he pursued an unarmed kid and shot him.
    It is also an indictment of a flawed Florida law that states than anyone can claim "self defense" for any reason and use deadly force.
    This isn't a story of black kid who was shot. It is the story of a KID who was shot. A 14 year old boy who was someone's son.
    Perhaps that doesn't matter to you. After all, it wasn't your kid. Though it could have been.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    If people would actually read the facts of this case, they would find that there is little racism involved. It's more about a guy who wanted desperately to be a hero. Someone who, as a member of a "neighborhood watch," had called 911 close to 50 times in the space of a year. A guy who called 911 to report a "suspicious person" walking in his gated neighborhood. When asked by the 911 dispatcher not to do anything further, he pursued an unarmed kid and shot him.
    It is also an indictment of a flawed Florida law that states than anyone can claim "self defense" for any reason and use deadly force.
    This isn't a story of black kid who was shot. It is the story of a KID who was shot. A 14 year old boy who was someone's son.
    Perhaps that doesn't matter to you. After all, it wasn't your kid. Though it could have been.
    Not a single person here condemned the kid. He was 17, not 14. Many here simply argued that the killing wasn't JUST based on race, or race at all based on the facts. Other than that, I agree with the rest of your post.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

You are sort-of right, however you grossly mischaracterize the Florida law.

The story will probably be about a young kid who physically assaulted a guy attempting to question him, then gets shot in the scuffle.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    You are sort-of right, however you grossly mischaracterize the Florida law.

The story will probably be about a young kid who physically assaulted a guy attempting to question him, then gets shot in the scuffle.
    Where is the evidence that the kid assaulted anyone? It's not on the 911 call. Or the call the kid was making to his girlfriend.
    The kid was shot in cold blood by some idiot who thought he was the God of his neighborhood.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you enjoy trashing out hispanic people before you know their side of the story ? Sounds like a little racism to me.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    YOU claimed there was proof though, and even stated where to find it - but REFUSE to post it. As many have stated here already, NONE of the things you claimed as proof actually are - aka the 911 call and eyewitnesses. YOU claimed they proved this man acted solely based on race - and it CLEARLY shows no such thing. No skin off my back if you want to backtrack and hide instead of simply backing up your claims. Makes YOU look stupid and ignorant, not me.
    I would advise you to use quotes if you are referring to one of my posts. There are many stories out there now. The 911 tapes are available to listen to. If you're too lazy to bother then don't expect me to do your work for you.

Yesterday I was posting from an ancient laptop and it was too slow loading for me to do a lot of adding materials to my posts.

Today I'm very busy getting ready to leave for a trip.

You're very demanding and acting like a baby having a tantrum. Get over yourself. I thought this was a discussion board, not a courtroom. Meaning, I give my opinion, and I back my opinion with fact.

Fact is, this boy was killed for no reason. There are racial elements to the killing, and the other issue is the law in Florida which allowing people to kill others on no more than "suspicion" or "feeling threatened".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Both sides of the story are out there, in detail. I have to wonder why people keep harping on the "racism" part of the story. It's not about racism. It's about cold blooded murder.