Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default fact check Chick tract #1: Hindu

OK lets try to break this thing down page by page or so.

Ok India 1982 a true story.

I can't find any specific case of a Father Killing his own son in 1982 BUT i was able to find to many stories of children and adults being sacrificed to Kali in order to gain supernatural powers.

Here's a list of several cases from the India times report in recent years.
    http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...ifice/recent/2

here's a specific case
    Child sacrifice cases stun India
    <small> Deutsche Presse Agentur (via M&C) ^ | 11/25/2010 </small>
    <small>Posted on Thu Nov 25 07:38:38 2010 by markomalley</small>
    New Delhi - Police in India's central state of Chhattisgarh have arrested seven people for allegedly sacrificing two children to gain 'supernatural powers,' officials said Thursday.
    Witch-doctor Ishwari Yadav, his wife Kiranbai and five of their disciples were arrested after police found the bodies of a 2-year-old boy and a 6-year-old girl at their home in Durg district Wednesday.
    'The boy was killed on Tuesday and the girl was murdered some six months ago,' district police chief Amit Kumar said in a telephone interview. '(The suspects) were arrested for holding human sacrifices and have confessed their crimes.'
    'During questioning the couple admitted that they had offered the sacrifices for appeasing the Hindu goddess Kali and attaining occult powers and wealth,' Kumar said.

According to Kumar, the murders which have caused outrage in the region, were uncovered after the boy's father alerted the police when his son went missing.
    During the investigation, the police determined that the boy was last spotted at Yadav's house.
    The police raided the house and found the body of the child buried under an idol in a worship room.
    The police, who seized a knife used for the crime, later also found the skeletal remains of the girl.
    Human sacrifice has long been banned in India, but cases have been reported from underdeveloped regions where superstitions hold sway.
    In April, the beheaded body of a factory worker was found in a Kali temple in West Bengal state.
    Kali is widely worshipped across India and has several forms, including that of a benevolent mother figure and a dark and violent destroyer of evil wearing a garland of skulls.
    Heres a case of a an aleged Father who was trying to scarifice his dauther but was stopped by other worshipers
    Child sacrifice aborted in Guwahati

June 14, 2003 | Prabin Kalita , TNN
    GUWAHATI: But for an employee of the Kamakhya temple authorities, one-and-half-year-old Taramai would have been the first human sacrifice in modern days at the Kamakhya temple that has a history of human sacrifices. The little girl was rescued by the devotees and the trust authorities just in time. She was rushed to the hospital as the sharp barber's razor used by Satya Das, who claims to be her father, left a deep cut on her neck. The 45-year-old Satya Das alias Amritlal Mazumdar claimed before the police that Taramai was his daughter.

So It seems Chick is Not Exaggerating the 1st point.
    People who worship Kali HAVE, and it seem at times still DO, sacrifice children ,even their own, to KALI or other Hindu deities.

Page 1 seems OK.
    But admittedly Chick is Showing a worse case scenario, but it is TRUE,
    Child Sacrifice is a part of some modern kali worship and was a regular part of historical Hindu worship.

This really should show us that all religions are NOT basically the all the same.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    OK lets try to break this thing down page by page or so.

Ok India 1982 a true story.

I can't find any specific case of a Father Killing his own son in 1982 BUT i was able to find to many stories of children and adults being sacrificed to Kali in order to gain supernatural powers.

Here's a list of several cases from the India times report in recent years.
    http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...ifice/recent/2

here's a specific case

Heres a case of a an aleged Father who was trying to scarifice his dauther but was stopped by other worshipers

So It seems Chick is Not Exaggerating the 1st point.
    People who worship Kali HAVE, and it seem at times still DO, sacrifice children ,even their own, to KALI or other Hindu deities.

Page 1 seems OK.
    But admittedly Chick is Showing a worse case scenario, but it is TRUE,
    Child Sacrifice is a part of some modern kali worship and was a regular part of historical Hindu worship.

This really should show us that all religions are NOT basically the all the same.
    Kali is real and those who do her will (perform sacrifices) derive divine benefit.
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Child sacrifice is not a part of Hindu worship. It seems your source is only interested in aberrant events barely related to Hinduism. You don't understand that Kali is a meditational deity, not a God. Kali is a wrathful form of compassion.

Every aspect of her appearance has symbolic meaning, not actual literal meaning. Her nudity stands for primordial awareness, she is free from illusion. Her garland of 50 human heads stand for each of the 50 letters of the Sanskrit alphabet and symobolizes infinite knowledge.

She is the dark mother. Primordial wisdom, unborn. Her three eyes symoblize past, present and future times. The word, Kali is related to time, or timelessness. The example of child sacrifice you've put in this thread shows that the doer of the deed has no understanding of Kali at all.

Kali, symbolizes the wholeness of life: life and death, beauty and ugliness, motherliness and destructiveness. Kali is a meditational deity, not a God, and she offers spiritual transformation and liberation. What Kali annhiliates is the ego, the sense of separateness from the divine. She is not a death cult.

Read more: http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Hind...#ixzz1u0VJDL5Y

When I traveled in Nepal and India I saw animal sacrifices, mostly chickens or goats. Hardly a bad thing, considering the number animals regularly slaughtered just for food. Chick tracts are an irresponsible source of knowledge about Eastern religions. Very dangerous. Most likely to support misunderstanding and prejudice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    Child sacrifice is not a part of Hindu worship. It seems your source is only interested in aberrant events barely related to Hinduism. You don't understand that Kali is a meditational deity, not a God. Kali is a wrathful form of compassion.

Every aspect of her appearance has symbolic meaning, not actual literal meaning. Her nudity stands for primordial awareness, she is free from illusion. Her garland of 50 human heads stand for each of the 50 letters of the Sanskrit alphabet and symobolizes infinite knowledge.

She is the dark mother. Primordial wisdom, unborn. Her three eyes symoblize past, present and future times. The word, Kali is related to time, or timelessness. The example of child sacrifice you've put in this thread shows that the doer of the deed has no understanding of Kali at all.

Kali, symbolizes the wholeness of life: life and death, beauty and ugliness, motherliness and destructiveness. Kali is a meditational deity, not a God, and she offers spiritual transformation and liberation. What Kali annhiliates is the ego, the sense of separateness from the divine. She is not a death cult.

Read more: http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Hind...#ixzz1u0VJDL5Y

When I traveled in Nepal and India I saw animal sacrifices, mostly chickens or goats. Hardly a bad thing, considering the number animals regularly slaughtered just for food. Chick tracts are an irresponsible source of knowledge about Eastern religions. Very dangerous. Most likely to support misunderstanding and prejudice.

Try discussing Kali with a Hindu before accepting bizarre murder stories as typical of Hinduism. I can't believe you'd accept cartoon sound bites by a fundamentalist Christian as representative of Hinud religious teachings. He's obviously biased against any religion other than his own. His comics have been described by the Los Angeles Magazine as "equal parts hate literature and fire-and-brimstone sermonizing".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Even the Bible has a story of Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son. Please don't settle for Jack Chick tracts as "gospel" for the tenets of non-fundamentalist Christian religions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anti-Hindu prejudice is a negative perception or religious intolerance against the practice and practitioners of Hinduism. Anti-Hindu sentiments have been expressed by Muslims in Pakistan, Bangladesh, leading to significant persecution of Hindus in those regions, such as the 1971 Bangladesh atrocities by Pakistan, and the recent demolition of Hindu temples in Malaysia.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Hinduism

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I was quoting News sources where people confess to the practice of child sacrifice for KALI.

you may not think Hindus do this, MOST Hindus I'm sure do not, however like radical Islam apparently some do take what is written very literally what you consider symbolic.

i've read more of these stories than i posted and in oneit said that Kali worshipers have a festival where worshipers paint and dress themselves like Kali and parade down the streets, while bystanders RUSH THEIR CHILDREN IN THE HOUSE AND LOCK THE DOORS.

I mean you know offense but this crap is real. No need to sugar coat it or deny it.

There are Christians that handle snakes too but it's not main stream, But no laws are needed against it to try to ban the practice. in India it is a known and not Uncommon problem and there is a WELL known history of the practice being typical in some areas for centuries. See the history of the Thugge.
    Even an Indian official has been tried for ritual sacrifice of 11 virgin girls.

maybe the version of Hinduism you've learned is a sanitized western version, i can't say, but don't deny the well reported reality here.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One case does not make a cult or a practice. The nature of prejudice is to take the most extreme example you can find and generalize, as posters here have done to try and make a case that Christianity is superior to all other religions.

Don't worry. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from their anti-Hindu prejudice. I'm just offering my usual minority opinion. From now on, I'm gonna come in and make my point and leave.
    My opinion comes from long term study, traveling in Hindu countries and having Hindu friends.

No sense beating a dead horse.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One documented case of child sacrifice twenty years ago is being used to bash Hinduism as a religion. Sad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

One case does not make a cult or a practice. The nature of prejudice is to take the most extreme example you can find and generalize, as posters here have done to try and make a case that Christianity is superior to all other religions.

Don't worry. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from their anti-Hindu prejudice. I'm just offering my usual minority opinion. From now on, I'm gonna come in and make my point and leave.
    My opinion comes from long term study, traveling in Hindu countries and having Hindu friends.

No sense beating a dead horse.
    ??
    How many cases does it take? I've post a list of like 20 or so. i could post more.
    It's a publicly acknowledged practice.

But this is the kind of thing that will make it impossible to clear Chick of the reputation that it promoting errors, or lies. The facts touch to many precious nerves.
    The dark side info of the issues and religions Chick tracts address are often blindly DENIED by the adherents and their friends.
    "Islam is a religion of peace"
    But It seems the basic info they present is often, in a very strict sense, accurate. but unpleasant.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

??
    How many cases does it take? I've post a list of like 20 or so. i could post more.
    It's a publicly acknowledged practice.

But this is the kind of thing that will make it impossible to clear Chick of the reputation that it promoting errors, or lies. The facts touch to many precious nerves.
    The dark side info of the issues and religions Chick tracts address are often blindly DENIED by the adherents and their friends.
    "Islam is a religion of peace"
    But It seems the basic info they present is often, in a very strict sense, accurate. but unpleasant.

Your anti-hindu and anti-muslim prejudice is showing. Jack Chick tracts are not a great source to understanding world religions. He has an agenda. LA Times considers his tracts a form of hate speech.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Your anti-hindu and anti-muslim prejudice is showing. Jack Chick tracts are not a great source to understanding world religions. He has an agenda. LA Times considers his tracts a form of hate speech.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chicks goal is to bring out the dark side of ANY religion, other than his own narrow version of fundamentalist Christianity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Notice how you feel toward Hindus. Jack Chick is responsible for that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Notice how you feel toward Hindus. Jack Chick is responsible for that.