Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    Here you go again, using the name I asked you not to use. This post isn't helpful, Con.
    I use it prcisely because you gey so upset about it. You get just as offended by me calling you dorothy as you do about jim calling you a queet which is hust silly one is your name the other well...

As for my post it was dead on. Literally transkated a homophobe is a person wbo fears humans and there are people who fear other people. You for example

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    " For at least 15 years, scientists have been trying to use objective laboratory measures to prove the he-who-smelt-it-dealt-it theory of human sexuality."

Grrrrrr I'm pissed off. For 15 years these idiots have been trying to find a proof for a conclusion they have already decided was true.
    News flash:
    THAT'S NOT HOW THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD WORKS!!

Let's just go ahead and take this logic to a foolish extent.
    I fear serial killers, but only because I'm a serial killer myself.

You haven't watched insurance rate proceedings have you? You would love being part of an actuarial team where you are told to do an unbiased statistical analysis that says we need a thirty percent rate increase. In reality all the regulators want is mathematical cover in case anyone asks questions. Whether or not to grant the rate increase is determined by political contributions, at least that's the way it was with the Dukakis administration. I had too much self-respect to stay in the field and transitioned to writing code.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    You need to move to a gay friendly town. They have more power than hets. They even hire gays instead of hets.
    That would be illegal in Massachusetts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    I use it prcisely because you gey so upset about it. You get just as offended by me calling you dorothy as you do about jim calling you a queet which is hust silly one is your name the other well...

As for my post it was dead on. Literally transkated a homophobe is a person wbo fears humans and there are people who fear other people. You for example
    When I give you permission to use my real name I will do so out of love and respect for our friendship. You out my real name to people who aren't friendly. I want my real name kept private.

I don't fear people in general. I'm not agoraphobic.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Prejudice involves ignorance, fear and hatred. Homophobia is loosely defined as holding negative attitudes toward gay people.
    It's used as an accusation for those who oppose the agenda of radical gay organizations. I oppose them because they are religious bigots, not because they are gay.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I give you permission to use my real name I will do so out of love and respect for our friendship. You out my real name to people who aren't friendly. I want my real name kept private.

I don't fear people in general. I'm not agoraphobic.
    Not every phobia resulta in anxiety and oanic attacks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    That would be illegal in Massachusetts.
    Nice law I guess. Impossible to enforce.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Nice law I guess. Impossible to enforce.
    Not impossible at all. If you have witnesses or other circumstantial evidence that you have been discriminated for your sexual orientation, the MCAD will treat it like any other kind of discrimination. I don't think it happens in the gay community because it would be a bad public relations event from their perspective.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's used as an accusation for those who oppose the agenda of radical gay organizations. I oppose them because they are religious bigots, not because they are gay.

You oppose them because they nail the prejudice in your friends and you can't tolerate that. We call a spade a spade. If you hate gays/ you hate gays. A form of hate is thinking gays are inferior and undeserving of equal rights.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not impossible at all. If you have witnesses or other circumstantial evidence that you have been discriminated for your sexual orientation, the MCAD will treat it like any other kind of discrimination. I don't think it happens in the gay community because it would be a bad public relations event from their perspective.
    Do y'all have quotas ? That certainly would be circumstantial evidence.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

God forbid in a homophobes world that gays should be seen as full citizens of America and human beings worthy of love and respect.

Hatred burns in the hearts of homophobes who use their religious fundamentalism to hurt gays. The Christian right wing is obsessed with gays. It's the cornerstone of evangelical politics.

GOD HATES FAGS

TURN OR BURN

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

You oppose them because they nail the prejudice in your friends and you can't tolerate that. We call a spade a spade. If you hate gays/ you hate gays. A form of hate is thinking gays are inferior and undeserving of equal rights.
    My church has specific teaching on homosexuality that is protected by the First Amendment. When anyone interferes with that practice, I will oppose them vigorously.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
    You're right. Homophobe is probably the wrong term. I think many are referring to the extreme anti gay folks who seem to be obsessed/disgusted with the thought of gay sex. In Congress, we do tend to find that those who push the hardest against gay rights issues, are the ones who rent boytoys, frequent airport bathrooms for gay sex, etc..
    If your father's gay, that means (possibly) he either didn't realize he was gay before he married/had kids, or you are adopted by two fathers. If the latter, you seem to be proof that gay couples should be able to adopt, and raise children.

You seem to have turned out ok.
    Actually, my dad realized before he got married, but grew up a in heavy Irish Catholic household. He shielded himself in marriage to hide it, to "play straight" until he was straight. He was a homophobe, as he was afraid of being gay himself.

The reason that I dislike the moniker is that it's pretty much only used to insult those who dislike gays, and then goes the whole "Well, he's probably secretly gay", and it just pisses off people who are being not only how they feel, but that feeling that way must mean they're secretly in favor of it. I mean, imagine if we put that logic to rape? It would mean that the most ardent opponents of rape, are secretly in favor of it. Could you imagine telling rape victims that? That they secretly liked because they hated rape so much? It's the same thing being done with the word homophobe, and really, in my view, it's no better or more mature to use that argument.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

God forbid in the homophobes world that gays should be seen as full citizens of America and human beings worthy of love and respect.

Respect is a two way street. Conservative Christians are not going to fall in line with Khrushchev's spit in our face and call it dew.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My church has specific teaching on homosexuality that is protected by the First Amendment. When anyone interferes with that practice, I will oppose them vigorously.

We are political opponents. You oppose my very being. You can't let us live in the world with you. You seek to destroy us, to put us down under you thumb and to make sure we don't live as full equal citizens.

You are an enemy to the wholeness of every gay and lesbian that lives.